Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Start a franchise: Kobe or Jordan?

Phil Jackson: [I][URL="http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/24/sports/la-sp-sn-phil-jackson-bill-russell-20130524"]"I would flip a coin and whichever one came up heads or tails, I

Banned

Default Re: Start a franchise: Kobe or Jordan?

MJ

Kobe

McGee

Wilt

Jordan

Kobe. More longevity and wont retire on you twice after championships.

Id take Wilt the Stilt tbh cant argue with 2/6.

He was only an eyelash away from 6 rings guys remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by navy

You'd be undefeated in the Finals with MJ.

And he wouldn't rape anyone except other teams.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Considering Jordan left to go play baseball, and then retired again after 3 more years, and also the fact that Kobe played more seasons and scored more points, I'll take Jordan.

Banned

There are pretty much equal players except Kobe has the edge in scoring and passing, points and assists. Deadlock at 5 rings or more.

Pretty much the same players but I go with Kobe because he didn't need to rest and go on vacation like MJ did.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Considering Jordan left to go play baseball, and then retired again after 3 more years, and also the fact that Kobe played more seasons and scored more points, I'll take Jordan.
    phil jackson would snap-take jordan apparently... said jordan "had leadership in his bones"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofNka7qwOB4

in the clip below, phil says jordan > kobe again, this time because of jordan's big hands and power, but also because apparently, it was phil that told MJ to go back and strip karl malone in game 6 of 1998 Finals... who knew...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nClAiN9MXyc&t=2m00s

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    phil jackson would snap-take jordan apparently... said jordan "had leadership in his bones"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofNka7qwOB4

in the clip below, phil says jordan > kobe again, this time because of jordan's big hands and power, but also because apparently, it was phil that told MJ to go back and strip karl malone in game 6 of 1998 Finals... who knew...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nClAiN9MXyc&t=2m00s

Yea bro, we are suppose to believe the greatest coach in history would pick MJ based on "big hands and power" and "had leadership in bones"

He doesn't really point out any advantage MJ had over Kobe with those comments.

Phil is a "zen master" and he is using his skills right now to fool you guys.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    There are pretty much equal players except Kobe has the edge in scoring and passing, points and assists. Deadlock at 5 rings or more.

Pretty much the same players but I go with Kobe because he didn't need to rest and go on vacation like MJ did.
    Kobe has the edge in scoring passing points and assists? Because he played many more games and seasons that makes it the edge?

If I wanted a 1/14 dude, I'd go with Kobe. If I wanted a guy who won 6 chips in 13 full seasons without a dominant big man, I'd pick Mike.

It's not even close.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    Kobe has the edge in scoring passing points and assists? Because he played many more games and seasons that makes it the edge?

If I wanted a 1/14 dude, I'd go with Kobe. If I wanted a guy who won 6 chips in 13 full seasons without a dominant big man, I'd pick Mike.

It's not even close.
    Bro...it's not even Kobe's fault that MJ didn't sustain the durability like Kobe did to play so many years.

You act like being able to play for many years is a bad thing. We are not talking about old ass Wizards Michael Jordan here....Kobe is playing at the highest level. Heck, this year's Kobe I would take over Jordan's final season with the Bulls.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

He doesn't really point out any advantage MJ had over Kobe with those comments.
    "One of the biggest differences from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader. Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones."

That was Phil Jackson on First Take talking Jordan/Kobe.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofNka7qwOB4

anything else 9erempiree?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I get mentioning the first time. But the 2nd? Krause destroyed that championship team. So what the hell are you talking about?

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Worst poster on ISH, you're the reason why some people don't like Kobe. LeBron has the pretty bad stans but you are the worst stan on the board hands down.