Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Start a franchise: Kobe or Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    What most offensive stats are we talking about here? Please don't bring up averages. Averages can be manipulated to make a player look good. Like Player XYZ that has to meet that minimum games requirement to be considered.

A scrub can play 20 games and go off and call it a season. Would he be a great scorer?
    I know you're 100% trolling, but this post is actually so dumb that it makes me hate you as a person.

Banned

Pretty much the same players but I go with Kobe because he didn't need to rest and go on vacation like MJ did.

You should be happy Jordan took those breaks otherwise it would've taken Bean another 4 years to pass him on the scoring list. Plus the GOAT would be sitting on 8 rings, 8 finals MVPs, 6 or 7 season MVPs, 12 scoring titles.

But shooting 38% on a lottery team is just as impressive.

save this shit for april fools OP

Horrible argument and I hope you are not an attorney. If you were, you would be an ambulance chaser.

Anyways, no proof that MJ is a better offensive player, what are you going to go by? Points?...lol

Maybe he is a better defensive player due to the DPOY award but without it, MJ and Kobe are at a deadlock.

9 or 10 players? Opinion. Kobe is top 3 in history in scoring. When you need a point, you can count on Kareem, Karl and Kobe.
    Ambulance chasing isn't allowed.

As a side note; you can't be serious with all your posts, can you? Do you honestly think Kobe Bryant is a better basketball player with more impact than Michael Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

You should be happy Jordan took those breaks otherwise it would've taken Bean another 4 years to pass him on the scoring list. Plus the GOAT would be sitting on 8 rings, 8 finals MVPs, 6 or 7 season MVPs, 12 scoring titles.

But shooting 38% on a lottery team is just as impressive.

My picks to start a franchise based off what I've seen goes as follows:

1) Jordan
    2) LeBron (assuming he doesn't bail)
    3) Hakeem

Both great picks, but if lebalds face appeared on that coin I'd flip agn

Banned

Got to love these new age fans who think MJ is heads and shoulders above Kobe when that is further from the truth.

All these soulless fans who adamantly say MJ is better at everything than Player A,B,C. When we know that is not the truth. People can't even give the advantage to another player when comparing them with MJ. I don't expect any less when it comes to Kobe as well. Except, Kobe is a lot better than MJ in many aspect of the game, as I mentioned earlier in previous posts.

Only a bunch of soulless sheeps would pick MJ over Kobe. Just because he has a recognizable shoe and clothing brand doesn't make him the best at everything.

I am ashamed to be categorized with you fans as basketball fans when you can't even think for yourselves.

Just put their names in a hat and draw. The name that comes up is GOAT. You have a case for both.

3 Facepalms for this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Both great picks, but if lebalds face appeared on that coin I'd flip agn

If you are going to troll...at least attempt to be clever. This is just an pathetic attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    If you are going to troll...at least attempt to be clever. This is just an pathetic attempt.

wouldn't u flip the fk agn?

Got to love these new age fans who think MJ is heads and shoulders above Kobe when that is further from the truth.

All these soulless fans who adamantly say MJ is better at everything than Player A,B,C. When we know that is not the truth. People can't even give the advantage to another player when comparing them with MJ. I don't expect any less when it comes to Kobe as well. Except, Kobe is a lot better than MJ in many aspect of the game, as I mentioned earlier in previous posts.

Only a bunch of soulless sheeps would pick MJ over Kobe. Just because he has a recognizable shoe and clothing brand doesn't make him the best at everything.

I am ashamed to be categorized with you fans as basketball fans when you can't even think for yourselves.

Just put their names in a hat and draw. The name that comes up is GOAT. You have a case for both.

3 Facepalms for this.
    Jordan: 5 MVP's, 6 Finals MVP's, 10 scoring titles
    Kobe: 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVP's, 2 scoring titles

Jordan in the regular season: 30, 6, 5 on 50%
    Kobe in the regular season: 26, 5, 5 on 45%

Jordan in the playoffs: 33, 6, 6 on 49%
    Kobe in the playoffs: 26, 5, 5 on 45%

Jordan in the Finals: 34, 6, 6 on 48%
    Kobe in the Finals: 25, 6, 5 on 42%

MJ by far you would be crazy to pick Kobe here.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Jordan: 5 MVP's, 6 Finals MVP's, 10 scoring titles
    Kobe: 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVP's, 2 scoring titles

Jordan in the regular season: 30, 6, 5 on 50%
    Kobe in the regular season: 26, 5, 5 on 45%

Jordan in the playoffs: 33, 6, 6 on 49%
    Kobe in the playoffs: 26, 5, 5 on 45%

Jordan in the Finals: 34, 6, 6 on 48%
    Kobe in the Finals: 25, 6, 5 on 42%

Not to mention both the franchise and cutural impact that Jordan would bring to the table, creating clone after clone to not only keep the league exciting, but also keeping Jordan's name relevant to your franchise for years to come, even after he's retired.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

I'd take MJ. He was more of a team player. Kobe's out there playing like he's fantasizing about playing in the NBA trying to shoot 15-30 footers against 3 defenders. How do you build a team around that?

MJ
    Shaq (If he doesn't get lazy)

I'd take those players before Kobe, LeBron, etc.

The original question is not even who's greater, but who to start a franchise with - which moves Kobe even farther behind. On a GOAT list, I reluctantly put Kobe at #9 because the sheer weight of his resume is better than Hakeem's - not that he is a better player (he isn't) or would I start a franchise with Kobe over Hakeem (I wouldn't).

When the question is who to start a franchise with, IMO, Kobe falls behind Lebron, KG, DRob, and Moses Malone. The intangibles like leadership, making people around him better and getting along with others are lacking in Kobe compared to other greats.