Banned

Default What if I told you.......

That there was a little known natural herb that grows on this planet that, if you take it every day, will make it impossible, as in 0.0000000% chance, of getting a female pregnant. It also makes it impossible for you to contract a sexually transmitted disease through sexual intercourse. When you stop taking this herb you can go back to being able to impregnate a woman.

This herb can also be taken by women and will also make it impossible for them to get pregnant or get an STD.

There are no side effects to this herb and it is impossible to overdose.

So, ISH, if I were to tell you all of this what would you say in response?

Default Re: What if I told you.......

i would tell you that you are a f[COLOR="Black"]ag[/COLOR]got, and that you should never post here again.

What if I told you than chemists with experience and an education are far more knowledgeable about the chemistry of herbs than an ISH herbal nut without an education.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    What if I told you than chemists with experience and an education are far more knowledgeable about the chemistry of herbs than an ISH herbal nut without an education.
    What if I told you that plants aren't patentable and these chemists can't make billions of dollars off of them? What if I told you that they were taught in school that synthetic > natural in order to keep big pharma alive? What if I told you that the FDA refuses to even consider researching natural medicine?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    i would tell you that you are a f[COLOR="Black"]ag[/COLOR]got, and that you should never post here again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Valley
    What if I told you that plants aren't patentable and these chemists can't make billions of dollars off of them? What if I told you that they were taught in school that synthetic > natural in order to keep big pharma alive? What if I told you that the FDA refuses to even consider researching natural medicine?
    Chemists study plants to discover molecules.

The molecules that actually react in our bodies to do various tasks to help us fight infections, diseases, etc can then be isolated. Not even necessarily synthesized, but isolated.

It isn't the herbs that are helping fight diseases it's the molecules in them. And it isn't a bunch of drugged out uneducated hippies that are discovering these molecules, it's chemists. You understand this right?

These are examples of the specific things that we get from "herbs" that benefit us.

Chemists are the people that discovered, and understood them. Chemists are the people that discover how to either isolate, or synthesize them.

Pharmaceutical companies then produce them.

Drug stores then supply them and/or Doctors prescribe them.

An herb itself has a ton of other molecules in it that aren't necessary, sometimes even harmful. Herbal medicine is just chemistry minus the actual isolation of the specific stuff that helps you. You're taking in a lot of extra garbage and not getting enough of what is actually the specific helpful molecules when taking herbal supplements vs actual medicine.

Medicine is a specific dose of the herbs most beneficial molecules minus all the other extra useless and/or harmful trash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Chemists study plants to discover molecules.

The molecules that actually react in our bodies to do various tasks to help us fight infections, diseases, etc can then be isolated. Not even necessarily synthesized, but isolated.

It isn't the herbs that are helping fight diseases it's the molecules in them. And it isn't a bunch of drugged out uneducated hippies that are discovering these molecules, it's chemists. You understand this right?
    By isolating I'm assuming you mean extracting. Extracting is fine. DMT, the psychedelic, is extracted from plants and if completely safe.

The problem is adding synthetic shit. Do you find any signicance in the fact that you cannot overdose on any herb in the world yet every single pharmaceutical drug eve produced can kill you? That paints a pretty important picture if you ask me.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post.

Banned

CavaliersFTW, are you saying that there is no such herb as the one I talked about in the OP? Are condoms/birth control the best methods of contraceptives on this planet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Valley
    That there was a little known natural herb that grows on this planet that, if you take it every day, will make it impossible, as in 0.0000000% chance, of getting a female pregnant. It also makes it impossible for you to contract a sexually transmitted disease through sexual intercourse. When you stop taking this herb you can go back to being able to impregnate a woman.

This herb can also be taken by women and will also make it impossible for them to get pregnant or get an STD.

There are no side effects to this herb and it is impossible to overdose.

So, ISH, if I were to tell you all of this what would you say in response?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goro
    That's the spirit

Very good NBA starter