Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Euroleague 2011-12 Rosters

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Calathes is the 5th to 6th best guard on Panathinaikos. This is a fact. Or are you actually trying to argue that a guy that averaged 3-5 points a game in 15 minutes the last 2 years is their lead guard?

You take NBA only fan delusion to a whole new level.
    It has more to do with the fact that you insist any non-European player is a scrub and that the NBA has less talent than the Euroleague. It's funny because if you were to make an all star team of the Euroleague and have them play any NBA team, any NBA team would win.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    It has more to do with the fact that you insist any non-European player is a scrub and that the NBA has less talent than the Euroleague. It's funny because if you were to make an all star team of the Euroleague and have them play any NBA team, any NBA team would win.
    It has to do with you constantly talking trash about things you know nothing about. Go look up how Calathes played and you tell me with a stright face that he is the lead guard of that team.

As for Parker, again you talk total trash without know what the hell you are talking about. He averaged 14 a game in the Euroleague, left, went to the NBA and averaged 12-13 in the season and 14 in the playoffs the next two years in the NBA.

According to you he "dominated NBA" since he was just as good or better in the NBA than he was in Euroleague.

Do you ever care to learn than a Euroleague MVP candidate is nominated by fans in the arenas? That these candidates are then placed on the Euroleague website and the fans vote online unlimited as much as they want (same IP can vote once a day) on the who the MVP is?

Do you ever care to grasp that the Euroleague MVP media voters are instructed that they can ONLY vote for someone that is on a final four team (the conference finals in the NBA)...........

That the media voters are instructed and supposed to base the vote on "TEAM play", and NOT individual play?

This has been explained so many times in this forum and yet morons like you come in here and just say "PARKER" like a hit and run in every discussion where Euroleague is mentioned. The same people having clearly never even seen a Euroleague game. Never mind that you always never mention that Parker as a starter in the NBA had pretty much the same stats in the NBA and NBA playoffs as he did before he left the Euroleague, when he was the "MVP".

You talk trash about crap and have no idea that you are even wrong about it. Then you turn around and call people talking about simple truth "trolls".

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Typical person that gets stoned by him once. First thing he says when he disagrees with something he says is Anthony Parker. Why don't you learn the Euro game is different than the NBA game?
    I think it is pretty clear and obvious that most American NBA fans are racist. Their attitude and opinions about any basketball played outside the United States is so illogical, so irrational, and so delusional that it is obviously stemming from something else besides just normal xenophobia, patriotism, ignorance, zealotry.

It's pretty clear that most American NBA fans associate the NBA and Team USA to "blacks", and that they associate FIBA competitions and Euroleague to "whites".

And most American NBA fans make it very clear that they believe only black people can play basketball.

It's 100% true that the opinions most American NBA fans have about the Euroleague is completely fictional and totally imagined nonsense.

It has to do with you constantly talking trash about things you know nothing about. Go look up how Calathes played and you tell me with a stright face that he is the lead guard of that team.

As for Parker, again you talk total trash without know what the hell you are talking about. He averaged 14 a game in the Euroleague, left, went to the NBA and averaged 12-13 in the season and 14 in the playoffs the next two years in the NBA.

According to you he "dominated NBA" since he was just as good or better in the NBA than he was in Euroleague.

Do you ever care to learn than a Euroleague MVP candidate is nominated by fans in the arenas? That these candidates are then placed on the Euroleague website and the fans vote online unlimited as much as they want (same IP can vote once a day) on the who the MVP is?

Do you ever care to grasp that the Euroleague MVP media voters are instructed that they can ONLY vote for someone that is on a final four team (the conference finals in the NBA)...........

That the media voters are instructed and supposed to base the vote on "TEAM play", and NOT individual play?

This has been explained so many times in this forum and yet morons like you come in here and just say "PARKER" like a hit and run in every discussion where Euroleague is mentioned. The same people having clearly never even seen a Euroleague game. Never mind that you always never mention that Parker as a starter in the NBA had pretty much the same stats in the NBA and NBA playoffs as he did before he left the Euroleague, when he was the "MVP".

You talk trash about crap and have no idea that you are even wrong about it. Then you turn around and call people talking about simple truth "trolls".
    so true LOL
    This "Parker dominated Euroleague" nonsense is really getting out of hand here lately. In fact he wasn't even the leader of those Maccabi teams back then - Jasikevicius was. Yes, the same unathletic, slow white guard, who could barely get any playing time for Pacers. Yet he was closing out the most important games in Euroleague for various teams with his passing and shooting prowess. It's like banging your head against the wall with these NBA fans

I think it is pretty clear and obvious that most American NBA fans are racist. Their attitude and opinions about any basketball played outside the United States is so illogical, so irrational, and so delusional that it is obviously stemming from something else besides just normal xenophobia, patriotism, ignorance, zealotry.

It's pretty clear that most American NBA fans associate the NBA and Team USA to "blacks", and that they associate FIBA competitions and Euroleague to "whites".

And most American NBA fans make it very clear that they believe only black people can play basketball.

It's 100% true that the opinions most American NBA fans have about the Euroleague is completely fictional and totally imagined nonsense.
    How is Arkansas treating you? I hear the weather is nice there this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    so true LOL
    This "Parker dominated Euroleague" nonsense is really getting out of hand here lately. In fact he wasn't even the leader of those Maccabi teams back then - Jasikevicius was. Yes, the same unathletic, slow white guard, who could barely get any playing time for Pacers. Yet he was closing out the most important games in Euroleague for various teams with his passing and shooting prowess. It's like banging your head against the wall with these NBA fans

Yet he was average to poor in the NBA.

Which brings us to the point that this boils down to.

NBA>>>>>Euroleagues

Now there are definitely many things I do not like about the NBA and the hubris of NBA players is a big part of that....but the truth is there. We field a superior league here in the US, the creme of the crop plays HERE.

Jan95
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

So you make thread of Euroleague Rosters and put just rosters of Greek clubs in here?

Oh, well... I am going to add for
    Union Olimpija Ljubljana:
    PG: Woodside/Čapin
    SG: ?/Salin/Blažič
    SF: Green/Bertans/Muric
    PF: Thompson/Markota/Jagodnik
    C: Varda/Rothbart

Thompson will probably be moved to C. I don`t know what Filipovski will do with 3 SFs. Maybe Green as a starting SG, if they wont sign any other, and then Muric/Bertans starting on SF.
    Last edited by Jan95; 09-26-2011 at 10:03 AM.

PG: Aaron Jackson/Ra

PG: Jordan Farmar / Theo Papaloukas / Yogev Ohayon
    SG: Jon Scheyer / Tal Burstein
    SF: Devin Smith / Guy Pnini
    PF: Lior Eliyahu / Richard Hendrix / David Blu
    CT: Sofoklis Schortsanitis / Shawn James / Milan Mačvan
    Last edited by OmniStrife; 09-25-2011 at 03:04 PM.

[QUOTE=chains5000]

PG: Aaron Jackson/Ra

I'm gonna go try out for one of these teams. I might be able to start.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I'm gonna go try out for one of these teams. I might be able to start.
    come on bro dont sell urself short. i see a future mvp in you. anthony parker potential may be better

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife

As far as I know, Scheyer was never drafted by the NBA and never played in the NBA. Also, as far as I know, Devin Smith was never drafted by the NBA and never played in the NBA.

Also, I believe that Macvan was drafted by the NBA. I also believe that Hendrix was an NBA draft pick as well.

So it should actually be:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    come on bro dont sell urself short. i see a future mvp in you. anthony parker potential may be better
    Really? Idk man, I want some competition though but I do need the money.

Euroleague is good, but why even compare them with the NBA :/

NBA Teams play their preseason games against euroleague teams, sometimes not even using starters, and win.