Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Marbury receives a very special honor

Insidehoops has named him the player of the day, congratulations Marbury, and keep it up!
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Insidehoops has named him the player of the day, congratulations Marbury, and keep it up!

He is finding his game and looking aggressive, lets hope he can twist some more ankles and lead us back to the playoffs
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I noticed that he was player of the day as well. 41 points calls for it, just glad that Rip Hamilton didn't get it.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Sweet, Him and Rip was a battle.

Suprised Rip didn't get it but hell with it.

Go Marbury Go.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the past is coming alive.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:37 AM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

With Marbury it has been a painful experience. He had to learn to mesh his natural style of play with that of a traditional point guard.

I think Larry wanted him to dump the whole Starbury thing. Which was wrong, I think Isiah was more like; Yeah the Starbury thing is cool as long as you do the other things.

Magic said it best, a good PG gets his points in transition, the fast break. Once you slow it down and go into a half court offense with sets and plays that's were a traditional PG is important to run the team. That was Marbury's weakness.

Even though he had a lot of assists it was because he would drive to the basket and than pass if he didn't have his shot(Francis does the same thing and I hate it), a lot of the time your teammates aren't ready for the pass or not looking because they figure on gatting the rebound. That means the point gaurd is out of control and that leads to turnovers which leads to fast break points for the other team.

A good PG get his assists by hitting the open man either a cutter or someone in the low post ready to make a move or someone open to hit the jumper. If the defense is letting him have an open lane than he should drive to the basket, by all means drive. Too many times he just would drive to the basket without the open lane and refuse to run the team, that's Starbury or at least the old one. It has a lot ot do with turnover to assist ratio.

This is very fundamental basketball and when the Knicks did not execute Brown would go crazy.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
Bombay
The Sole Controller

Bombay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
With Marbury it has been a painful experience. He had to learn to mesh his natural style of play with that of a traditional point guard.

I think Larry wanted him to dump the whole Starbury thing. Which was wrong, I think Isiah was more like; Yeah the Starbury thing is cool as long as you do the other things.

Magic said it best, a good PG gets his points in transition, the fast break. Once you slow it down and go into a half court offense with sets and plays that's were a traditional PG is important to run the team. That was Marbury's weakness.

Even though he had a lot of assists it was because he would drive to the basket and than pass if he didn't have his shot(Francis does the same thing and I hate it), a lot of the time your teammates aren't ready for the pass or not looking because they figure on gatting the rebound. That means the point gaurd is out of control and that leads to turnovers which leads to fast break points for the other team.

A good PG get his assists by hitting the open man either a cutter or someone in the low post ready to make a move or someone open to hit the jumper. If the defense is letting him have an open lane than he should drive to the basket, by all means drive. Too many times he just would drive to the basket without the open lane and refuse to run the team, that's Starbury or at least the old one. It has a lot ot do with turnover to assist ratio.

This is very fundamental basketball and when the Knicks did not execute Brown would go crazy.
Maubury is playin better basketball because of Isiah. Larry had 40 somethin different line up changes and constanly critizied players on the regular. This year the rotation has been consistant and players know their role where as last year they were lost. I think Steph has confidence in Curry being the go to guy where in the past he played that role. If Curry makes the All-Star team Kudos to Zeke and Aquire for optimizing Curry's athletic ability
Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Let's hope that Marbury brought some of that "Starbury goodness" to Phoenix because they lost last night and you KNOW they want a win tonite. And let's hope it lasts the whole road trip. These are going to be some tuff games, fellas. TUFF. The REALLY need Q back. The Suns run constantly and bodies are more than needed. It should be an interesting matchup tonite. Go Knicks!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: