Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Goodell Considering Dropping Pro Bowl

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...-consideration

"I really didn't think that was the kind of football that we want to be demonstrating for our fans," Goodell said. "And you heard it from the fans. The fans were actively booing in the stands. They didn't like what they were seeing."

Good riddance. An absolute joke.

Saddest thing of all is that it drew nearly twice as many viewers as the MLB All Star game. I'm not a big baseball fan, but at least it's a real game. Amazing.

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." H.L. Mencken
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Goodell Considering Dropping Pro Bowl

host a skills competition instead, or GTFO
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Impossible to fix...

The Pro Bowl use to be somewhat entertaining in the 90's.... But now I don't even watch it.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He should drop it. Its a complete joke. Flag football
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
host a skills competition instead, or GTFO
THIS

they have a skills comp but don't focus on it...

would love to see the QBs compete and the RBs race each other...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
THIS

they have a skills comp but don't focus on it...

would love to see the QBs compete and the RBs race each other...

They used to have it back in the day.

I remember a bunch of comps. between different players and positions. They did one where the QB's threw the ball as hard as they could to see could go further. Another where they had to hit a bunch of targets. The WR's had to catch as many balls as they could being thrown by machines in different angles. That had to be in the 90's, I think. I remember Bledsoe, Elway, Mirer, Hershel Walker, etc.

I watched like 3 minutes of the Pro Bowl. When I saw Cam Newton jogging at 2 miles per hour down the field, I turned off the TV.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
They used to have it back in the day.

I remember a bunch of comps. between different players and positions. They did one where the QB's threw the ball as hard as they could to see could go further. Another where they had to hit a bunch of targets. The WR's had to catch as many balls as they could being thrown by machines in different angles. That had to be in the 90's, I think. I remember Bledsoe, Elway, Mirer, Hershel Walker, etc.

I watched like 3 minutes of the Pro Bowl. When I saw Cam Newton jogging at 2 miles per hour down the field, I turned off the TV.
I remember Manning doing it I think his rookie year, so it had to be around in 98. They should bring it back, see if Darrell Green's still the fastest.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I remember Manning doing it I think his rookie year, so it had to be around in 98. They should bring it back, see if Darrell Green's still the fastest.

He is.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

I'm not sure they would bring it back.

I remember back in like 99 or something, the Patriots RB, can't remember his name, he was good though. Young and very talented coming off a good year and he tore everything in his knee during a flag football game in the sand with other professional players involved and he never recovered fully.

And I don't believe they've had anything like a skills thing since.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Robert Edwards was his name.

Wow, just read up on it. He barely escaped having his leg amputated from below the knee. That's how serious it was.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Another opportunity to get badly injured = No way I would play "hard" if I had to play in a Pro Bowl.

The money is too big now to risk it. I can't blame a guy for half-assing it in an exhibition that means nothing.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you hate it don't watch it... Shit
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #13
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Pro Bowling. Goodell doesn't have any control of that sport. This is Bullshit.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: