NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Digistream - Movie and TV show stream box

http://www.amazon.com/digiStream-Sma.../dp/B00FQXDJ22

any of you guys have one, or even heard of it?

My aunt recently got one and gave it to me to use until she upgrades her internet a bit.

Essentially, its stream box that comes with two channels already installed. GOmovie and GOshows.

In GOmovie, they have pretty much every movie thats out in theaters, available to stream in both HD and SD for free. as of yesterday, it had the new TMNT movie that just came out today. and its not just limited to movies in theaters. it has a selection of thousands of movies, so most likely, youll find anything youre looking for

same idea with GOshows. they seem to have pretty much every show youd want to watch. for a while now, ive been waiting to watch the last sesaon of justified (since i always forgot to dvr it), and thought id have to wait til the end of the year for it to be added to amazon instant video. thankfully, my aunt let me borrow this, so i was able to start the final season

it cost $200 bucks, but it definitely seems worth it. the interface can be kind of shitty at times. but theres a usb port to plug in a keyboard, which helps tenfold.
    Last edited by Levity; 08-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Default Re: Digistream - Movie and TV show stream box

http://www.time4popcorn.eu/

+ chromecast = $35 total

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

+ chromecast = $35 total
    i have a chromecast just sitting in my room. definitely going to scope that.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I love it even though it has limited capabilities. The simply fact of just watching any YouTube video to it from your phone or laptop is worth the $35.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

+ chromecast = $35 total
    Didn't even know about this. Will try it out to see how good it works. I use Chromecast all the time.

+rep

Having issues getting Popcorn Time installed. After I download the install .exe it has to download while installing, it only downloads at like 50 Kb/sec then it times out and fails every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Having issues getting Popcorn Time installed. After I download the install .exe it has to download while installing, it only downloads at like 50 Kb/sec then it times out and fails every time.
    im gonna try it too when i get home from work tonight. ill let you know if im successful or not.

Earned not given

Download failed for me too. Looks like TL is going to be my main way for getting movies and shows forever.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Download failed for me too. Looks like TL is going to be my main way for getting movies and shows forever.
    I went on their forums and it seems like everyone is having that issue. Server problems apparently. I will try maybe tomorrow to install. Really interested in it.

What type of phone do you have?

If you have an Android or pretty much any other smart phone but an iPhone, you can download this app called showboat that has a shit ton of movies and stuff available to stream for free and you can then chrome cast it.

http://media-apps.cc/android/

you have to make sure your phone is set to be able to download from unknown sources and it will start.

It's amazing and has a huge collection.

If you have an iPhone is has to be jailbroken to get it but that is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    The popcorn app for Chromecast is still in beta right now so it's not perfect yet, but it still works pretty well for me. In the rare cases that it freezes up, turn off your TV to reboot the chromecast and then relaunch

weird didn't have that issue at all and I've installed it on multiple devices. Try installing on a laptop