Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Garden

[CENTER]

[COLOR="Purple"]ATTENTION ALL LAKERS FANS THIS IS THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR PERIOD.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]Los Angeles Lakers[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Boston Celtics[/COLOR]

TV: ABC
    5:00 PM Pacific Time (8:00 ET)

Series: 2-2

CrisCast: 2-0

Projected Starting Line-ups:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Boston Celtics[/COLOR]

PG: Rajon Rondo
    SG: Ray Allen
    SF: Paul Pierce
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Kendrick Perkins

[COLOR="Purple"]Los Angeles Lakers [/COLOR]

PG: Derek Fisher
    SG: Kobe Bryant
    SF: Ron Artest
    PF: Pau Gasol
    C: Andrew Bynum

[QUOTE]BOSTON
    Last edited by crisoner; 06-11-2010 at 06:04 PM.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Ga

they have to play like its game 7....all loose balls....all hustle points...all 2nd chance points....everything the lakers should win....

Bynum plays or not...Odom/Artest please step up ..cause u motha fcukas have not done anything yet in this series.....

Somebody other than Kobe/Pau/Fish need to step up and make a mark on this game if they want to win....just like Shrek & Donkey did

Go Lakers....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Garden

Props to bladefd for being cool about the gamecast... now the Criscast must kick ass!

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Ga

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    they have to play like its game 7....all loose balls....all hustle points...all 2nd chance points....everything the lakers should win....

Bynum plays or not...Odom/Artest please step up ..cause u motha fcukas have not done anything yet in this series.....

Somebody other than Kobe/Pau/Fish need to step up and make a mark on this game if they want to win....just like Shrek & Donkey did
    Go Lakers....
    Good point. It seems like every game, theres a player/s who stepped up and tipped the balance from this very tight games except for game 1 where Boston as a whole were out-hustled.

Game 2, it was Ray Allen. Bynum had a very good game but Allen's shooting plus Rondo's 3 layups late proved the difference.
    Game 3, Fisher, hands down.
    Game 4, Davis
    Game 5. ??????
    The "problem" is Phil seems to be too cautious in giving chances to his other players. I understand that there are legit risks of playing other players. 2-3 crucial turnovers which at times lead to easy transistion baskets can swing to Boston's favor. Note that I put "" in the word problem bec we are talking about a multi ringed tactician. He is there during practices, he knows the players more etc etc, he knows better.

Default Re: Official NBA Finals Game 5 Criscast: LA Lakers vs Boston Celtics, 6/13/10 @ TD Garden

Bottom line......If Bynum can't play or can't play many minutes we ALL know what Boston is going to do to us....same thing they did in game 4, same thing they did in 2008, pound on our softies until we wimp out completely.......how do we stop it? We stop it by actually playing our tall, shot blocking/rebounding backup center.....this would've helped in '08 and would definitely have gotten a win in game 4.....let's not make that mistake again. Hey if they want to beat us they're going to have to make shots not layups. Come on Phil do the right thing!!!!!!

Any comment's about Mbenga not knowing the triangle He knows how to run the triangle.......but we don't actually run the triangle much now.....so who cares.

shhhhhhh

jackson discusses mbenga

When asked if D.J. Mbenga would get more minutes because of Bynum's injury, Jackson responded, "Sure, if his head is into it."

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...onference.html

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    yep, jackson understands what i mean... Mbenga's head not into it = not running the offense properly and fair defense... (see my other points).

but yeah, the lakers dont run the triangle or anything like it anyway.

1985 Lakers for good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Bottom line......If Bynum can't play or can't play many minutes we ALL know what Boston is going to do to us....same thing they did in game 4, same thing they did in 2008, pound on our softies until we wimp out completely.......how do we stop it? We stop it by actually playing our tall, shot blocking/rebounding backup center.....this would've helped in '08 and would definitely have gotten a win in game 4.....let's not make that mistake again. Hey if they want to beat us they're going to have to make shots not layups. Come on Phil do the right thing!!!!!!

Any comment's about Mbenga not knowing the triangle He knows how to run the triangle.......but we don't actually run the triangle much now.....so who cares.
    I remember Phil actually gambled and lost when he played Mihm to counter the Celtics bigs in 08 finals. I know Chris was super rusty at that time but he is a lot smarter than DJ so..
    YOu made a valid point about the same things would likely happen if you don't make any adjsutments and how the Lakers don't run the triangle that much anyway but still DJ had VERY LIMITED experience playing alongside Kobe, Pau etc and that could be a problem. Again im hoping that atleast Phil would try. spend sevreal hrs on the practice court and film room and TEACH DJ and Powell the ways on how to limit the mistakes and miscommunication.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    1985 Lakers for good luck!!!

looking at that team..It just seems to me they are more like the current Boston Celtics with 8-9 very good players deep while the current Lakers look more like the past Bulls team wiht 2 great players with 2-3 very good complimentary/role players.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    yep, jackson understands what i mean... Mbenga's head not into it = not running the offense properly and fair defense... (see my other points).

but yeah, the lakers dont run the triangle or anything like it anyway.

True but a fair no. of times Lamar's head and sometimes his heart, is not into it and Phil plays him anyway so what's the difference?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    True but a fair no. of times Lamar's head and sometimes his heart, is not into it and Phil plays him anyway so what's the difference?
    because odom on his worse day still gives more then mbenga ever has on his best day

seriously everyone do you really think if mbenga had anything to give the lakers he'd be sitting on the bench? there's a reason he gets no playing time, we don't know exactly why but phil would play him if he had anything positive to offer the team.

he's been on this team more than long enough to earn a spot.
    the lakers went through stretches this season with no bynum and no gasol, mbenga had his chances to make his mark and failed, now in the finals people expect this guy to suddenly transform himself into something he is not?

be realistic mbenga has no game, he's a body, a big body and in a league dying for big bodies he has always rode the pine, he's in his 6th season he's started 4 games, averages just over 6 minutes a game and only played in 193 regular season games out of 493 availabe to him...

what does this tell us?
    something is not right with this guy he seems likable enough but clearly his basketball skill set is more negatives then positives.... like i said we don't know why he gets no burn but clearly something is amiss

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    because odom on his worse day still gives more then mbenga ever has on his best day

seriously everyone do you really think if mbenga had anything to give the lakers he'd be sitting on the bench? there's a reason he gets no playing time, we don't know exactly why but phil would play him if he had anything positive to offer the team.

he's been on this team more than long enough to earn a spot.
    the lakers went through stretches this season with no bynum and no gasol, mbenga had his chances to make his mark and failed, now in the finals people expect this guy to suddenly transform himself into something he is not?

be realistic mbenga has no game, he's a body, a big body and in a league dying for big bodies he has always rode the pine, he's in his 6th season he's started 4 games, averages just over 6 minutes a game and only played in 193 regular season games out of 493 availabe to him...

what does this tell us?
    something is not right with this guy he seems likable enough but clearly his basketball skill set is more negatives then positives.... like i said we don't know why he gets no burn but clearly something is amiss
    Odom on his worse day resuleted in some of the Lakers losses.

Let me just say again that we should feel fortunate on having a vary smart head coach. This guy didn't just won 10 rings bec he rode the the back of his great players. Most of the time, he outcoached his counterpart, did a great job managing egos etc.
    I know what you are saying that there are valid reasons why DJ has rode the pine for about 97% of the time. PHil has been there during practice and film sessions etc, he KNOWS these players a lot better than we do.
    But about your reasoning that the Lakers have won at regularity before with the injured Bynum and Mbennga not playing, let me just say that the majority of those games were played with teams with WEAKER frontline. We are not playing the Suns or the Kings here.
    Back in 08, PHil recognized the lack of size to match up with Poe, DAvis etc that he gambled and lost on using Mihm. He wouldn't have done it if he dind't see with his own eyes how the Celtics frontline totally outmuschled the Lakers inside.The big question is whether this team can win with Bynum being hurt and get by Odom being outmuscled in the paint? YOu yourself described Davis as being a "truckload".
    Or he should gamble on Mbenga who has the size to put a body on Davis. I still remember the finals they lost to the Pistons when they lost Malone to injury. PHil had to use Slava and he committed some dumb mistakes like sending Detroit to the FTline on crucial situationS.
    My friend has an interesting suggestion. He said the best "competent" player who can hold his ground against Davis is RON ARTEST! the problem is who will cover PP, Kobe? Then who will cover/rover around vs Rondo?
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 06-12-2010 at 01:46 PM.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote:
    LakersReporter

Good news for LA: Bynum said the knee draining process worked and he's ready to play on Sunday.

Bynum said there is a 100% chance that he's going to play. Swelling will return, he expects, after the game.

Quote:
    KevinDing

Bynum: "100 percent sure I'll play come Sunday."

Quote:
    SpearsNBAYahoo

Bynum says he will have knee surgery in early July with 2-5 weeks out.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    But about your reasoning that the Lakers have won at regularity before with the injured Bynum and Mbennga not playing
    wtf? where did i even mention winning or losing or whatever?
    read the post again, nowhere do i duscuss winning, losing, player matchups or any of what you responded with...

all i said is mbenga had had his chances since he came into the league to get playing time and has failed to make his mark.. for whatever reason

he's been on 3 teams now, that's 3 head coaches and yet has been a spectator in 300 of 493 regular season games... obviously coaches are seeing something somewhere that says this guy is not ready for prime time