Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #76
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Sega Genesis vs Super Nintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
of course I dont think the Dreamcast was maxed out when Sega pulled the plug.

I'm not sure ANY system aside from the NES or Atari 2600 ever got pushed to its absolute fullest.

and no, I disagree that the Dreamcast always had smoother, cleaner graphics.

That's just the general consensus. Look at videos on Youtube and read comments. Look at polls comparing early PS2 games that were on Dreamcast as well. You'll see it's not just me who feels that way. The point here for me is how much do you value potential and big numbers in comparison to how these games ACTUALLY look and how smooth they run?

Are you into cars? I am and can find similarities. You can find many examples of cars that have significantly more power but are slower or perform worse due to factors such as gearing, computer tech and even weight etc. Yes PS2+Gamecube>Dreamcast on paper but I never felt that way actually playing all the systems.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #77
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do not want to pick...I loved both systems!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #78
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

SNES. best games that had great replay value, Super Punch-Out and all the MegaMan X games.

but the only game i could never beat was Battletoads in battlemaniacs
the Bike Level is the single most insane hardest level ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh1BSyJGtOA
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #79
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
again you are wrong and know not of what you speak.

The Saturn had too much old tech in it and could not do many of the things an N64 could. It could not handle 3D stuff very well at all.

and LOfrigginL saying that the Dreamcast was better graphically than a PS2. I don't even know why you bring that up since PS2 is a Sony product. The Nintendo system of that gen, the Gamecube, wrecks the Dreamcast in graphical capabilities.

I loved my Dreamcast but it does not compare.

This isnt me being a fanboy. I'm silver spoon child and I had all of these systems.
I believe the only thing the saturn was good at was 2-d fighting games like teh original x-men vs capcom games, due to the ram limitations of the Ps1 it couldnt do the character tag modes in those games, but the saturn with the ram boost card could. The problem I believe with Sega was they rushed out their products to much.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #80
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

all the kids had SNES , only one kid had a Genesis in my giant building when I was a kid
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #81
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would take the Amiga over both, but SNES is better. Genesis was great as well. Both were excellent consoles.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: