Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Alan's Avatar

Default EuroBasket 2013 Qualifiers

The games have begun, most teams have played at least 1 game.

Actually the main reason I created this thread was because team Estonia has won its first two games! The second one has just ended. We beat Israel at their home in overtime. Estonia tied the game 3 seconds before the clock expired to send it to overtime. 3 of our starters were fouled out and we still managed to come away with a victory!

OMRI CASSPI, YOU MAD?

Default Re: EuroBasket 2013 Qualifiers

What a game between rivals Serbia and Montenegro. 18 year old Nikola Ivanovic hit a game winning 3 with 3 seconds left to give Montenegro a 73-71 win. Very impressive for Montenegro to get this win without Pekovic, although Serbia didn't have Krstic.

I saw a bit of Austria's two games and there's a young big man on that team named Rasid Mahalbasic who looks like he could become a very good player.

How about Azerbaijan defeating Bulgaria? Quite a surprise since Bulgaria isn't a terrible team.

Kangur from Estonia is a pretty good player, I believe he'll be playing for Montepaschi Siena this season.

Kangur has been great so far. Unfortunately he has to play out of position since Estonia has very limited depth in PF/C category. Therefor he has fouled out both games but luckily for us he has managed to score plenty of points in limited minutes.

And you are right about him playing in Sienna this season.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    although Serbia didn't have Krstic.
    And Perovic , Velickovic , Lucic , Micov and Markovic . But still we should have won by 15+ , our players look very uninterested when they play and thats a big problem . Still we should finish 1st in the group .

Grinder, bro .. don't even get me started on this subject

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Teal"]Are any Belgian teams in the mix?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Here's the 3-pointer that gave Montenegro the win.

http://youtu.be/7QFeZfpVkxo

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Here's the 3-pointer that gave Montenegro the win.

http://youtu.be/7QFeZfpVkxo
    That's deeep.

Kangur has been great so far. Unfortunately he has to play out of position since Estonia has very limited depth in PF/C category. Therefor he has fouled out both games but luckily for us he has managed to score plenty of points in limited minutes.

And you are right about him playing in Sienna this season.
    You can only have 3 Bosman players on your roster in the Italian League. So I doubt that Kangur plays with Siena this year. Since they already have Rasic, Kasun, and Sanikidze on their roster.

Out of those 4, the least needed one is Kangur, since they also have Moss and Carraretto at the SF position. So I would expect Kangur will be loaned.

What does a Bosman player mean? Serious question.

What does a Bosman player mean? Serious question.
    It means a foreign player, that has a European passport. Kangur is a foreign player in Italy, since he's European, he counts as a Bosman player.

For example, this is counted separate than other foreign players. Like in Italy, you can have 7 foreign players out of the active 12 man roster. 4 can be non-Bosman (Americans, Australians, Argentines, etc.) and 3 can be Bosman (Europeans that don't have an Italian passport).

It's basically the same in every national league in Europe. It's just that the numbers vary. Like in the Greek League, you can have 4 non-Bosman players, and 2 Bosman players on the 12 man active roster.

Estonia ****ing did it again! We beat Serbia at our home! 88:81 yeah!!!

Boxscore:
    http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid...1.teamID_.html

After the disappointing home loss to Israel which erased our hopes of qualifying, this was a well deserved medicine to heal the wounds.

Estonia was able to pull off in the middle of the 4th and managed to keep the lead under pressure. Refs tried to pull Serbia back into the game but even they couldn't prevent the mighty Estonians to get their historical win.

Too bad we couldn't surprise Montenegro or Israel at home. Got to finish off the qualifiers with a decent win over Iceland next Tuesday.

Some notes from the game:

- Estonia finally got their 3-pointers going (11/27)
    - Kristic was practically automatic in the low post
    - Dark horse Hallik was the key for the victory for Estonia. Him starting probably saved some early fouls for our main bigs and he also knocked down some huge threes.
    - Serbian defense was very poor, Estonia got many easy looks under the basket. Even though they toughened up their D, we were still able to get decent looks.

Nice win for Estonia

And there is still some chances, you can still finnish third with 6-4 result, assuming that Isreal beats Serbia. There might be atleast 2 groups with third place as 4-4. Then Estonia qualifies, because top 4 3rd palced teams advances aswell.
    Last edited by Sakkreth; 09-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.

That's a slim chance. Serbia is playing at home and even if Israel looses they probably still qualify. So I'm sure Serbia is hungrier for the win. But I'll have my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

There was a nasty poster in last night's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1MGJ7HmPqI