Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So now that we got Jack shit, what's the plan fellas?

All our hopes for what-ifs and a new solid young core are but a distant memory.

Shall we send out a petition to the Detroit FO to get rid of Jennings and Smith? Send em to Boston for Rondo!

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: So now that we got Jack shit, what's the plan fellas?

I'm not so sure Boston would go for that. I think all of us would like to move Smith before Monroe. I think Monroe is the only person that can bring us anything that can help. That puts the front office in a tough spot. I feel like they have to sign Monroe and hope they can pull off a trade at some point. Missing on this pick really sets us back, plus it probably means Monroe will be on his way out. Every year the draft lottery hasn't went in our favor, somehow it always does for Cleveland though.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

As much as I prefer Monroe over Smith - I believe that Smith would work far better with Rondo than Monroe would... To further that, I think Smith would fit nicely at PF next to Dre at C - would give us the most athletic front-court outside of the Clippers, and we would be a beast on defense... And Rondo likes to get out and run an up tempo offense which would suit both of those cats, not so much Monroe who prefers a slower brand of ball...

So in saying that, I could live with a Monroe + Jennings for Rondo based deal... Our defense both perimeter and interior would be insane...

But what is next - we now NEED players to step up. We need a STRONG training camp, STRONG leadership and STRONG mentoring / coaching. We NEED Jennings to play smarter bball and make everyone around him better. We NEED KCP to step up and become a solid starter in this league with his defense and shooting which I am hoping he is working on as we speak. We NEED players like Siva, Luigi, Jerebko, Mitchell - to grow from fringe roster players to serviceable rotation players. We NEED JVG to live up to his 35 million dollar contract. And most importantly - we NEED Drummond to become the unquestioned premiere Centre in this league,

All of this won't happen, heck, half of this probably wont even happen, but this is what I think we should be aiming for...

NBA lottery pick

Rondo is clearly a better PG than Jennings so it's for sure an upgrade that is probably enough to get the Pistons into the playoffs. The problem with a lineup that has Rondo, Smith, and Drummond is none of them can shoot. I feel like the perfect PG for this team is someone who can at least hit an outside shot. In Boston they had Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and KG. They can all shoot.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    But what is next - we now NEED players to step up. We need a STRONG training camp, STRONG leadership and STRONG mentoring / coaching. We NEED Jennings to play smarter bball and make everyone around him better. We NEED KCP to step up and become a solid starter in this league with his defense and shooting which I am hoping he is working on as we speak. We NEED players like Siva, Luigi, Jerebko, Mitchell - to grow from fringe roster players to serviceable rotation players. We NEED JVG to live up to his 35 million dollar contract. And most importantly - we NEED Drummond to become the unquestioned premiere Centre in this league,

All of this won't happen, heck, half of this probably wont even happen, but this is what I think we should be aiming for...
    Siva, Luigi, Jerebko, and Mitchell are what they are. Siva really isn't even going to survive in the NBA. The only reason he's on a team is because he was a 2nd round pick and that makes for a cheap contract. KCP is the person we really have to hope makes leaps and bounds. Last year he looked like a bust. We really need to cross our fingers with him. Luckily, SG is a position that usually takes a few years before they really start producing. There's still hope with him.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Siva, Luigi, Jerebko, and Mitchell are what they are. Siva really isn't even going to survive in the NBA. The only reason he's on a team is because he was a 2nd round pick and that makes for a cheap contract. KCP is the person we really have to hope makes leaps and bounds. Last year he looked like a bust. We really need to cross our fingers with him. Luckily, SG is a position that usually takes a few years before they really start producing. There's still hope with him.
    KCP is still extremely young, he has all the tools to pan out into a solid starter, just need to train hard and dedicate himself to the cause - in which I have been extremely impressed with his attitude and work ethic with every interview I have seen of him..

Siva is terrible, I will be very surprised if he works out, same with Lugi - I think the game is just a little too fast for him...

But I do think the other 2 mentioned have a real chance at being serviceable. Jerebko has already proved his worth, he has hustle and range, makes for a handy stretch 4 off the bench. Mitchell was a first round talent - still very young, but showed flashes of his athleticism and defense in very limited minutes.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker

Siva is terrible, I will be very surprised if he works out, same with Lugi - I think the game is just a little too fast for him...

But I do think the other 2 mentioned have a real chance at being serviceable. Jerebko has already proved his worth, he has hustle and range, makes for a handy stretch 4 off the bench. Mitchell was a first round talent - still very young, but showed flashes of his athleticism and defense in very limited minutes.
    Yeah, Luigi has no place in the league. Serviceable isn't what we need right now. We need stars. I like Mitchell and I've always liked Jerebko. They're nothing more than bench guys. The Pistons have much more to worry about than the bench. We need a core group to build around first. Right now there isn't one outside of Drummond.

NBA lottery pick

Maybe we can do a Stuckey sign and trade to get back into the first round. I wouldn't mind still landing a guy like Stauskas or Hood. Although Stuckey has been our one go to scorer for quite a while so that would be a bummer in that sense. I just want to add another outside shooter. I feel like Stauskas would be a great fit on this team. He has good size and speed for his position, he handles the ball well, and shoots lights out. With everybody focusing on Dre he would knock down 3's.

Yep I agree ^^ I personally ould like to move on fro Stuckey, our offense becomes so predictable when he is on the floor. He is good, but would like to move on... I wonder what the highest # pick we could get in return for him is?... I wouldn't have thought anything sub 18ish...

Decent college freshman

You aren't getting a pick for Stuckey. You can't sign and trade until after the draft and Stuckey doesn't have enough value to trade for. Most teams that would have interest could just sign him outright.

This is true, be interesting to see what kind of contract teams put to him...

Decent college freshman

I'm betting some contender snags him to come off the bench and provide a little offense.

^^ Would make perfect sense, now that he has matured a bit I think he could have a very productive 5 years ahead of him in that 6th man role... Perhaps a team like the Thunder, or even the Heat, would benefit from his scoring punch...

Decent college freshman

Yah, he's basically a taller Reggie Jackson. He has a role somewhere