Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #121
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: State College
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

^ Damn 7 first-team all pros is crazy

Manning is the best QB ever. Pretty clear to me just by watching

Last edited by KingBeasley08 : 01-15-2014 at 08:40 PM.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #122
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins
 
DaSeba5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 7,482
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

To me it's Montana, and then Brady and Manning as 2A and 2B
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #123
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 21,319
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Stats prove that Brady is becoming closer to the Goat as per the OP, but......

Manning:

7 all-pro first teams
3 all-pro first teams
5 MVP awards
1 superbowl mvp

Brady:

2 all-pro first team
1 all-pro second team
2 mvp awards
2 superbowl mvps
2000 NFL All decade first team>>>
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #124
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: State College
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
2000 NFL All decade first team>>>
I believe he won that by one vote so even that is negligible. All-Pro on the other hand details who the best QB was that year
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #125
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 21,319
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
I believe he won that by one vote so even that is negligible. All-Pro on the other hand details who the best QB was that year
And Brady won the decade award

yikes
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #126
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: State College
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
And Brady won the decade award

yikes
By 1 vote. But at the same time, Elway beat Favre and Steve Young in the 90s. Fouts beat Marino so I don't take that award as seriously
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #127
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15,939
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Stats prove that Brady is becoming closer to the Goat as per the OP, but......

Manning:

7 all-pro first teams
3 all-pro first teams
5 MVP awards
1 superbowl mvp

Brady:

2 all-pro first team
1 all-pro second team
2 mvp awards
2 superbowl mvps

Manning can have best regular season QB ever. He's fighting with Favre for that, and should pass him in his stats soon.

But that is REGULAR SEASON.

Playoffs are more important and Brady is going to be the best playoff quarterback ever. And honestly, the people saying Montana was a better playoff QB look like a bunch of crybabies.

Brady is clearly surpassing Montana in playoff legacy without any doubt at all. He just needs one more Superbowl and it won't even be debatable really. It's like every single Brady and Patriots hater in the world is clinging to that Montana argument for dear life at this point and realizing that it's on absolute life support.

Now, no one is denying Peyton could be the regular season GOAT, well, unless he retires after this year, then he's not breaking any of Favre's records and the debate should be there.

But, the issue is that the playoffs are more important than the regular season.

Peyton = top 2 in regular season and maybe what.... top 15 in the playoffs (where it REALLY matters)?

Brady = top 5 in the regular season and he's top 2 in the playoffs (where it REALLY matters).

Favre actually still has all the regular season records and he was better in the playoffs than Peyton was. It's actually funny really. So is Favre the real GOAT then? Seems he has a better argument than Peyton does.

Anyway, I will take the guy that has done A LOT more in the playoffs, and that's Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
^ Damn 7 first-team all pros is crazy

Manning is the best QB ever. Pretty clear to me just by watching

Yep. In the regular season, and not in the playoffs.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #128
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,079
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Peyton Manning post-season:

63.5 completion percentage
88.6 QB Rating
281 yards per game
34/22 touchdown to INT ratio.

Tom Brady:

62 completion percent
87.2 QB Rating
245 yards per game
44/22 TD to INT ratio


The playoff stats don't prove anything either. Unless what you really meant was TEAM STATS say who the best QB is of all-time.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #129
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 21,319
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Peyton Manning post-season:

63.5 completion percentage
88.6 QB Rating
281 yards per game
34/22 touchdown to INT ratio.

Tom Brady:

62 completion percent
87.2 QB Rating
245 yards per game
44/22 TD to INT ratio


The playoff stats don't prove anything either. Unless what you really meant was TEAM STATS say who the best QB is of all-time.
Why isn't fair to bring team stats? Almost all the QB stats are team stats if you think about it
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #130
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,079
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

It doesn't jive with logic, IMO.

Wilson played GREAT in the loss to the Falcons last year.

Wilson was basically a non-factor in the playoff win last week.

One is viewed as bad and goes on his "record" even though he played much, much better than in the "win" he got last week.

Base the opinion on the player and the individual performance, not the outcome of a game played by 100 players and a large number of coaches.

This isn't tennis.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #131
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15,939
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It doesn't jive with logic, IMO.

Wilson played GREAT in the loss to the Falcons last year.

Wilson was basically a non-factor in the playoff win last week.

One is viewed as bad and goes on his "record" even though he played much, much better than in the "win" he got last week.

Base the opinion on the player and the individual performance, not the outcome of a game played by 100 players and a large number of coaches.

This isn't tennis.

Favre has every regular season all time record and he was better in the playoffs than Peyton was. So all the people saying Peyton is the GOAT does not jive with logic then.


Brady has better stats than Montana, so people saying Montana is better than Brady does not jive with logic either then.

See, the Brady haters and the Manning lovers want to have every single argument their way.

If it is Peyton that's the best, then it's all about individual awards and stats in the regular season, and NOT anything to do with the playoffs or the team.

Then, if anyone brings up the issue of Montana being the best (it's pretty clear that a lot of the "Montana is the best" people are Brady haters in disguise), immediately that all goes out the window, and suddenly, the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is 4 Superbowls.

Point being, in all things overall, Brady has everyone beat, and every single one of you knows it, and it is driving you all (as in the Brady haters and Manning lovers) freaking insane.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-17-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #132
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,269
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Why isn't fair to bring team stats? Almost all the QB stats are team stats if you think about it

Carbine always manipulate the stats to favor his arguments. He seems to think Peyton is as good as a postseason QB despite the fact that Brady has two more Superbowl victories and three more Superbowl appearances than Peyton.

Either way this Sunday will pretty much settle the dispute of who's the better all time QB and possibly settle the GOAT argument as well. Big matchup
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #133
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: State College
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Peyton is as good of a postseason QB. Performances in the playoffs are more important than winning or losing. Look at this way. Brady from 01 to 04 put up decent numbers and won 3 Super Bowls. Since then, Brady has been a statistical monster but hasn't won a single title. Anyone think Pre-2004 Brady is better than post-2004 Brady?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #134
CelticBaller
Killer Instinct
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 21,319
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Peyton is as good of a postseason QB. Performances in the playoffs are more important than winning or losing. Look at this way. Brady from 01 to 04 put up decent numbers and won 3 Super Bowls. Since then, Brady has been a statistical monster but hasn't won a single title. Anyone think Pre-2004 Brady is better than post-2004 Brady?
His 04 season was above decent
And in his two best statistical seasons 07 and 11 he went to the Super Bowl and was a td away from winning

Manning has always been good, but anyone remembers his freak 04 season? And how he got bounced badly by the patriots?

That's where the criticism stems from, he puts up great season but they always fall short in the playoffs, Brady in the other gets to the SB on his best seasons. Not only that but Manning had played with significantly more talent around him on offense compared to Brady.
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #135
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,079
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Carbine always manipulate the stats to favor his arguments. He seems to think Peyton is as good as a postseason QB despite the fact that Brady has two more Superbowl victories and three more Superbowl appearances than Peyton.

Either way this Sunday will pretty much settle the dispute of who's the better all time QB and possibly settle the GOAT argument as well. Big matchup

I didn't manipulate anything, the stats are what they are. All I did was show what they were.

The title of this thread is "the stats prove blah blah blah" and I'm just showing that it doesn't prove anything, unless team wins and loses are the basis of the argument, in which case you have no clue.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy