Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Gym Tales (Odd attire, peeves, peculiar activity, slack gym etiquette etc}

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    1. Weight droppers.
    If you can lift it you can put it the **** down. If you can't put it down after a set, guess what Einstein, it's too heavy for you

2. Not putting weights back.
    This is not your bedroom, tidy the **** up

3. Weight hoarders.
    You're really using the 30's, 35's, and 40's all at once? **** you. Put them back.

4. The mind if I work between your sets guy.
    No, **** off and do something else.

5. Grunters.
    Minimal grunting is ok - it's not ok to make sounds like a bear is ripping your head through your asshole, or that you're having sex with GOBB's beast of a mom - hurr hurr hurr
    DUDE.... I heart you

Like is this specified exercise really that critical to your regimen that you can't find something else to do in the meantime. I know some people don't mind, but this absolutely perturbs the sh*t out of me. Unless it's something really communal like a pull up bar, just go away and don't even look at me.

Default Re: Gym Tales (Odd attire, peeves, peculiar activity, slack gym etiquette etc}

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    What's out of control now is the mirror selfies in the change room. I swear, I may have accidentally photobombed a few dozen of them. What's worse is they coin the term now "swellfies"

This belongs in the cringe thread lol

@ Swelfies

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

-The guy who sprays on half a gallon of cologne to go workout

Why do people wear any form of hat in the gym?

If you approach me to inquire about how many sets I have left with a specified piece of equipment, and I respond with 2 or more, don't you dare just stand there or pause within my vicinity and wait for me to finish. Being the petty sob that I am, I will literally go out of my way to take my time.
    This truly makes you sound like an asshole. Where you often told to hurry up as a kid or something?

College superstar

The guys that brag about working out for 2 hours at the gym. What the **** are you doing for 2 hours?!? Up the intensity **** eyes!

Guys that try to bicep curl heavy dumbbells by swinging back and forth. Put it down and pick up something you can do.

People walking on the treadmill.

"Johnny Bravos" Try doing a leg day needle dick.

Any man wearing a tank top and snapback.

Girls who think going to the gym is going for a night out in trainers. You look like a moron when you start sweating that make up off your face.

Girls lifting weights that weigh less than their handbags. You won't get huge muscles so stop worrying about it.

Meat heads handing out supplement advice I didn't ask for.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

That handstand walking in OP is impressive as ****, stop hating

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    This truly makes you sound like an asshole. Where you often told to hurry up as a kid or something?
    Not at all. I actually work/study in a helping industry so the majority of my time is spent on strategizing ways to benefit the overall well-being of society lol.

I just don't agree with waiting right next to me for a machine/equipment/freeweight while I have more than one set to complete. Like quit breathing down my neck and get off me...

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    That handstand walking in OP is impressive as ****, stop hating
    I know lololol

Me and some random next dude starting conversing about it. I can't front though, I was quite impressed lol

The kid kept distracting my workout though. I'd be doing a bicep curl, and all I would see through the mirror is the pseudo Asian Olympian, Cris Angel'ing it for distance
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 02-25-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    The guys that brag about working out for 2 hours at the gym. What the **** are you doing for 2 hours?!? Up the intensity **** eyes!

Guys that try to bicep curl heavy dumbbells by swinging back and forth. Put it down and pick up something you can do.

People walking on the treadmill.

"Johnny Bravos" Try doing a leg day needle dick.

Any man wearing a tank top and snapback.

Girls who think going to the gym is going for a night out in trainers. You look like a moron when you start sweating that make up off your face.

Girls lifting weights that weigh less than their handbags. You won't get huge muscles so stop worrying about it.

Meat heads handing out supplement advice I didn't ask for.
    Is that you Hateraid?

All jokes aside, I hear you. Like thanks for intervening in my workout to inform me about the beneficial properties derived from your tub of X-Force 6000 testosterone powder but.... No thanks
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 02-25-2014 at 03:14 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Is that you Hateraid?

All jokes aside, I hear you. Like thanks for intervening in my workout to inform me about the beneficial properties derived from the your tub of X-Force 6000 testosterone powder but.... No thanks
    It was a guy telling me how great this fat burner supplement is. Any natural fat burner is just a mix of caffeine, green tea extract and some other natural stimulant. All packaged in a fancy tub and sold for triple the price.

Not at all. I actually work/study in a helping industry so the majority of my time is spent on strategizing ways to benefit the overall well-being of society lol.

I just don't agree with waiting right next to me for a machine/equipment/freeweight while I have more than one set to complete. Like quit breathing down my neck and get off me...
    haha that's interesting. Just remember that random people at the gym don't give a shit about you, they probably just don't want to go from machine to machine asking how many sets that person has left thus resulting in them using more time. Same reason most people don't go from line to line at wall mart but instead wait it out in the line they first picked, it saves time.
    Either that or they prefer to do their traning in a specific order, which again has nothing to do with you.

Nobody is breathing down your neck or is "on you", that's just the perception in your head. Breathing down your neck in this situation would be telling you to hurry up..

hot girls bringing their do you even lift boyfriends with them

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

I know lololol

Me and some random next dude starting conversing about it. I can't front though, I was quite impressed lol

The kid kept distracting my workout though. I'd be doing a bicep curl, and all I would see through the mirror is the pseudo Asian Olympian, Cris Angel'ing it for distance
    LOL got me curious now...doesn't actually look that hard, should probably try at home first so I dont fall on my ass

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    haha that's interesting. Just remember that random people at the gym don't give a shit about you, they probably just don't want to go from machine to machine asking how many sets that person has left thus resulting in them using more time. Same reason most people don't go from line to line at wall mart but instead wait it out in the line they first picked, it saves time.
    Either that or they prefer to do their traning in a specific order, which again has nothing to do with you.

Nobody is breathing down your neck or is "on you", that's just the perception in your head. Breathing down your neck in this situation would be telling you to hurry up..
    Perhaps I should tone it down a little then lol

NO!

Such acts instantly morph me into the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld {gym Nazi}