Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Default lol

I jsut read a thread

and someone said this trade:

"Bargnani + Tj Ford + 1st round pick for Miami Heats' Udonic Haslem + 1st round pick"

you think Colangelo would do that trade?
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground

Default Re: lol

Haha, nice find...I always enjoy a chuckle.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Student
Serious playground baller

throw cb4 in there too...we don't need him
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
I jsut read a thread

and someone said this trade:

"Bargnani + Tj Ford + 1st round pick for Miami Heats' Udonic Haslem + 1st round pick"

you think Colangelo would do that trade?

The thing I think they were looking at is that Miami is most likely to get the top pick. "Beastley" is probably going number one so Toronto's projected lineup would most likely be:

C-Beasley
PF-Bosh
SF-Moon
SG-Parker
PG-Calderon

C-Nesterovic
PF-Haslem
SF-Kapono
SG-Delfino
PG-Ukic?

Either way, they were looking at the pick....Looking at needs...but still farfetched a bit...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Its not as bad as some of you are making it out to be if you really think about it. Bargnani is looking more and more like a bust with every passing day. He has done nothing to show that he will be anything special and is looking more like a future Antoine Walker.

Ford is a giant question mark with his injury concerns. Will he ever reach the level that we all know he is capable of, or will he succumb to injuries? Hell, the next fall from him could very well spell the end of his career. He is a major question mark right now.

Our first rounder won't be all that great as well.

We would be getting a player in Haslem that would help out tremendously on the glass and provide some toughness that we desperately need. He can also contirbute a bit offensively as well. He is a great role player and would be a very nice fit with this team. The first round pick is looking like it could very well be Michael Beasley who looks like he is going to be a complete stud. He is probably not a great fit in Toronto but he has the potential to be a top player in the league.

I wouldn't do the trade myself and I admit that when I first read it I also laughed to myself, but the more I thought about it I didn't think it was completely awful.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
The thing I think they were looking at is that Miami is most likely to get the top pick. "Beastley" is probably going number one so Toronto's projected lineup would most likely be:

C-Beasley
PF-Bosh
SF-Moon
SG-Parker
PG-Calderon

C-Nesterovic
PF-Haslem
SF-Kapono
SG-Delfino
PG-Ukic?

Either way, they were looking at the pick....Looking at needs...but still farfetched a bit...

beasly cant play centre have you seen him game, i dont think hes gonna bang wif the bigs. Plus I think the person was trying to get Derrick Rose.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
Burgz
Banned

wow, forget colangelo, sign this guy up!!!!!!
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #8
Byrdo
Learning to shoot layups

I dont think its a horrible deal either.

obviously trading Bargnani is not something anybody wants. but you have to consider any deal where you are able to get to rid of TJ's contract and snag the number 1 pick.

the TJ/Calderon situation is a big question mark for this team. I think TJ is basically untradable right now. If you can get anyone in return for him more than likely it will be a guy in a similar situation where the other team is trying to unload him as well.

how much is Calderon gonna get this summer? It could be as much as TJ's contract, god knows he deserves it and a few teams will make those kinds of offers. can the Raps afford to pay their two pg's 16 million a year combined when they need to spend money in other areas? I dont see it.

who will start long term? Calderon will probably be offered at least half a dozen gigs where he can be 'given the keys' so to speak. heck even some good teams are in need of starting quality guys like Calderon.

any other 2 guys on the team aside from Bosh, Calderon and Bargnani Id probably do the deal in a heart beat. Id hate to lose Parker, Delfino and Jamario but you gotta give something to get something in return. to trade Bargnani Id have to be really impressed with the guy I planned to take with the pick.

In Halsem you also pick up a player that happens to be profecient in a couple areas where the Raps are pretty weak.

doesnt sound quite so bad now does it?
Byrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Yea it's not bad but only if the Miami pick is top 2. And if that's the case, does Miami do it?

Beasley at SF would be great but he's looking more and more like a future PF in the NBA. As good of a talent as he is, I have doubts about the longterm success of a Beasley/Bosh PF/C combination.

Rose is a PG right now but I think he could play the 2-guard (is he 6'3 or 6'4?!?) in the NBA beside someone like Calderon. Calderon isn't the most talented or creative playmaker so having a creative playmaker at the 2-guard beside him would be a great fit. Hopefully for whoever gets Rose he'll be more Dwyane Wade/Baron Davis than Larry Hughes in the NBA.

Haslem is a very solid player but is another PF. The Raptors could stay "small" with Bosh at C and Haslem at PF but again, you want Bosh to play his best position.

As for Miami's perspective? If they get #1 then I don't think they would do such a trade. They take Beasley, pair him up with Wade and build long-term around those two. Not sure how Rose would fit with Wade but it's hard to pass up that kind of talent either way.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 03-10-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

WTF. Id do that trade if the pick was top 5. Haslem > Bargnani. 5 > 15. ______ > Ford.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #11
Valliant13
College star

It's not the horrible in terms of general value, but due to the positons involved it's not ideal for the Raps. At best a lateral move for the franchise long term.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #12
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

What makes you think TJ's trade value is high. We'd be lucky to package him for a likely top 3 pick in the draft. TJ is a great player, but he's one hit from being out the NBA and Undersized to boot.

We wouldnt miss him much with Jose being there, as well Haslem would give us some much needed toughness.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: