Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #16
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?
 
The Italian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the Rasho Bandwagon
Posts: 2,510
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
Welcome to Fordland. He's not doing anything different, he's just being himself.
Yeah because its not like he played great basketball mixing passing and shooting all of last season and its not like he was the Raptors best player at the beginning of the season this year either.

I swear, its like last season and the beginning of this season never happened with all of the comments in threads concerning TJ.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #17
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,060
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
we had a good record last year when he was starting... i say start him for one game lets see what happens. start him when we playing a shtty team.

Start him for one game or start him for ten games, what diference does it make. What we are seeing is the real TJ, the self centred egotistical knucklehead that Milwaukee was happy to see go else where. TJ is full of talk, but when it come to doing the walk it's a diferent story. He's not a good team mate, he's a knucklehead as a player, and a very demanding person to manage. This year we hired John Lucas for him, next year are we going to have to hire Michelle Carter for him to?

At this point it does not matter, once June first rolls around he's no longer a base year compensation player and will be gone come hell or high water. And thank God for that.

Last edited by b4ball : 03-28-2008 at 06:39 PM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #18
albertpujols
Serious playground baller
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 419
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Yeah because its not like he played great basketball mixing passing and shooting all of last season and its not like he was the Raptors best player at the beginning of the season this year either.

I swear, its like last season and the beginning of this season never happened with all of the comments in threads concerning TJ.

I am sorry, I was always a Ford hater. That's just me though
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #19
Burgz
Banned
 
Burgz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TDOT
Posts: 1,813
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
It's not going to get much ****tier than it is right now.

please... dont say that
it can ALWAYS get worse
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #20
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Yeah because its not like he played great basketball mixing passing and shooting all of last season and its not like he was the Raptors best player at the beginning of the season this year either.

I swear, its like last season and the beginning of this season never happened with all of the comments in threads concerning TJ.

It doesn't matter, he's not playing that way now. He's being a punk and if I was running the team, no way in hell I make him a starter again to make the multi million dollar athlete smile again and not whine.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 PM   #21
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?
 
The Italian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the Rasho Bandwagon
Posts: 2,510
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
It doesn't matter, he's not playing that way now. He's being a punk and if I was running the team, no way in hell I make him a starter again to make the multi million dollar athlete smile again and not whine.
Did I say to start him again? Yeah I thought so.

I'm just saying how you are all acting like he is a complete scrub and has absolutely no shot at regaining his former form. You are all acting like he is a completely worthless player when that is absolutely not true.

Frankly, I don't care what happens with the point guard situation. One of them has to go and it doesn't matter to me one bit as long as the move that is made is in the best interest of the team and makes it better. If that means trading Calderon, I am all for it. If that means trading Ford, then again I am all for it. So don't act like I am only saying these things because Ford is my favourite player or anything like that. (that is what your post sounds like to me at least)
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #22
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Did I say to start him again? Yeah I thought so.

I'm just saying how you are all acting like he is a complete scrub and has absolutely no shot at regaining his former form. You are all acting like he is a completely worthless player when that is absolutely not true.

Frankly, I don't care what happens with the point guard situation. One of them has to go and it doesn't matter to me one bit as long as the move that is made is in the best interest of the team and makes it better. If that means trading Calderon, I am all for it. If that means trading Ford, then again I am all for it. So don't act like I am only saying these things because Ford is my favourite player or anything like that. (that is what your post sounds like to me at least)

My post commented on you talking about TJs past contributions. I said it doesn't matter. The rest of my post was in reference to the entire thread, but I can't quote the entire thread. I realize you didn't say TJ should start.

Personally, I don't think anyone is saying TJ is a scrub. They are saying that currently, how he's playing, he's playing bad. He's not helping the team and is playing selfishly.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,060
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
My post commented on you talking about TJs past contributions. I said it doesn't matter. The rest of my post was in reference to the entire thread, but I can't quote the entire thread. I realize you didn't say TJ should start.

Personally, I don't think anyone is saying TJ is a scrub. They are saying that currently, how he's playing, he's playing bad. He's not helping the team and is playing selfishly.


Don't speak for me buddy. I may not have said he's a scrub, but he does not have to be a scrub to be hurtful to this or any other team. TJ has displayed very poor showmanship many times over in the two years he's been here. It's just now that people are noticing it. This league is full of people with talent but no brains, and that's where he clearly is.

This franchise is being run by someone who values team oriented players, the common goal, the team comes first approach. TJ has made it clear that he matters more then anybody else in this organization. And he's a very, very high risk to be re-injured.

Regardless of any players talent it's their brain that matters, and his is just plain weak.

Last edited by b4ball : 03-28-2008 at 06:40 PM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #24
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: What happens with TJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Don't speak for me buddy. I may not have said he's a scrub, but he does not have to be a scrub to be hurtful to this or any other team. TJ has displayed very poor showmanship many times over in the two years he's been here. It's just now that people are noticing it. This league is full of people with talent but no brains, and that's where he clearly is.

This franchise is being run by someone who values team oriented players, the common goal, the team come first approach. TJ has made it clear that he matters more then anybody else in this organization. And he's a very, very high risk to be re-injured.

Regardless of any players talent it's their brain that matters, and his is just plain weak.

Isn't that what I said?

Anyway...TJs attitude is becoming clear to all those outside of TO at this point. Even the writers from Rotoworld.com made a comment about TJs trade value being low as there won't be many takers for a player with a spine problem who often pouts.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy