Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
RapsFan
Good college starter

Default Re: nuggets fan trade idea

It's irrelevant because it will never happen, but how isn't Iverson the exact type of player we need? If he had a smaller deal and was younger, he is what we need. He's a creator, can get his own shot, can break down the D and get to the line, is a solid off the ball defender and doesn't fold in the big moment (what Bosh wants). Obviously his size doesn't fit with us, but in terms of passion and at this point in his career, leadership, he's what we need.

The days of Iverson being selfish are gone at this point and I think he's showing that in Denver. Again, irrelevant but thought I would throw that out there. We need more talent, especially on the wing. As much as it's great to have a group of guys that goes for wings together after the game and have harmony in the locker room...at some point, you need more talent. It's not like Kobe or MJ were well liked by most of their teammates.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Since the Raptors are not one move away from being serious title contenders, I wouldn't want an older Iverson either. Nothing to do with his style of play since I'd love to have a player of his caliber but the Raptors don't need an "all or nothing" move right now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #18
CaptainOwlClub
I rule the local playground

thanks for the response, i knew yo didn't want our garbage- no you can never have melo nene or jr and we will never get bargnani or calderon so no trades willmake sense most likely- but so you know we are the team that would laugh at a melo/bosh trade

from having to order nba ticket i like your sqaud alot(raptors and chris paul and rodney stuckey best part for me-besides nugs)- i see a young dallas mavericks w nash and nowitzki like players+ bosh is better player than any other player those guys ever had

i wondered if kenyon and ai's expiring contracts in that year would be appealing for a lebron- if he was smart enough to look at personal for winning championships-

im not a lebron fan- and he might end my knew like for toronto raptors but i think either way your team has a great future esp each of the 3 of calderon bargnani and bosh and the system and people you seem to have running it

ive never liked the name raptors though or the colers- i see the red and white thing whats so canadian about dinasaurs- i wish youd cut red and go purple and silver and white- or if you keep red be the canadians or something politiacal like senators of mlb and use the maple leave- how wicked would some of that gear look
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
syncmaster
Learning to shoot layups

how about tj ford for denver ball boy.
syncmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #20
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
Iverson is anti-everything that Colangelo has been building. A group of selfless players with good attitudes. Sorry, I respect AI, but that's the truth.
A group of selfless players with good attitudes who don't play defense. You forgot that one part.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: