Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #16
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NEWS: Derrick Rose MRI results in.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
What is the definition of better player? Beasley is obviously the better scorer/rebounder but a PG who can control the floor does things that can't be seen with just stats... nobody seems to talk about the fact that Beasley doesn't share the ball.... 20/10 from a guy who doesn't get others involved isn't as valuable as you think... only time will tell who the better player is between the two.. right now it is Beasley, but you gotta remember PGs take more time to develop... we won't know until 2010 or so...

haha idk why u quoted me???

but you bring up a good point

IF I HAD TO GUESS, beasley's statline for 2010 would look like

PPG RPG APG BPG
19.8 8.3 1.6 1.4

that wouldnt be a bad statline at all, but yes if i had to guess he will be a ball hog in the nba

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 07-21-2008 at 05:27 PM.
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 AM   #17
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls0704
How many NBA games have either one of them played? And summer league doesn't count.

I know this one!!! The answer is Zero.

I was kidding around with my Rose for Beasley trade before, while I do wish we had taken Beasley, we didn't, so it is time to put our faith in Rose.

The problem is everyone on this forum is fighting to prepare for their "I told you so's" If Beasley gets off to a hot start then all the Beasley supporters are going to go nuts, and the other way around.

Arguing right now for who is better, and stating it as a matter of factly as people are is dumb. There are obviously players that every team has passed up and they wish they could have had, but just because it happened before doesn't mean that Beasley will be an an example of this.

I know the bucks were brought up a lot and Boozer and Tayshuan have already been addressed.

Dirk was before the European movement in the NBA, where every GM got a hard-on about names they couldn't pronounce. Bucks passed on Chris Paul and Deron Williams because they drafted TJ Ford the year before, you can't hate a GM for not drafting the same position two years in a row. As for Bynum, can people seriously get off his c*ck, yeah he played well this year and he looks like he has a lot of potential, but can we see him do it for more than 3 months before we start using him as an example of draft Gem.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

So people are saying you can't compare a gaurd and a forward since they play different positions.

But then people start saying Beasley will be a ball hog since he won't get a handfull of assists a game? Ironic.

If you can go there, then why can't other people b1tch about Rose not getting 8 rebounds a game? Or not scoring 20 points a game?

A lot of people here have their **** sideways, backwards, and upside the fck down.

Beasley is flat out the better BASKETBALL player. I nowhere said he is the better TEAM player. And yes basketball is a team game, but this is also the highest level of basketball and it's not a game anymore...it's their career. Beasley isn't going to be causing a lot of drama in the locker rooms or have any huge ego issues (atleast no more than anyone else has). Honestly, to be in the NBA and to be a full out star, you have to be a little selfish. Now someone please show me where forwards are supposed to be averaging 5 assists a game to be an All-Star forward. Just because you don't get a bunch of assists, doesn't mean you don't pass the ball. Beasley is a scorer. If he has the chance to get the ball in the bucket, he's going to. If he gets double teamed...he's going to pass out of it. He's going to rebound. That's his job. Score. Rebound. Pass out of double teams.

I think I'm done...for now.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #19
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
So people are saying you can't compare a gaurd and a forward since they play different positions.

But then people start saying Beasley will be a ball hog since he won't get a handfull of assists a game? Ironic.

If you can go there, then why can't other people b1tch about Rose not getting 8 rebounds a game? Or not scoring 20 points a game?

A lot of people here have their **** sideways, backwards, and upside the fck down.

Beasley is flat out the better BASKETBALL player. I nowhere said he is the better TEAM player. And yes basketball is a team game, but this is also the highest level of basketball and it's not a game anymore...it's their career. Beasley isn't going to be causing a lot of drama in the locker rooms or have any huge ego issues (atleast no more than anyone else has). Honestly, to be in the NBA and to be a full out star, you have to be a little selfish. Now someone please show me where forwards are supposed to be averaging 5 assists a game to be an All-Star forward. Just because you don't get a bunch of assists, doesn't mean you don't pass the ball. Beasley is a scorer. If he has the chance to get the ball in the bucket, he's going to. If he gets double teamed...he's going to pass out of it. He's going to rebound. That's his job. Score. Rebound. Pass out of double teams.

I think I'm done...for now.

Bravo, I agree completely. Rep points for you.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #20
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

i love that you guys got rose because he is a streaking pg and we got chalmers who is developing really nicely so that said you guys got what you guys wanted and we got what we wanted so its all good. no rileys will not jump on a rose for beasley, we got chalmers and that okay

pg. chalmers/banks/quinn
sg. wade/cook/quinn
sf. marion/wright/jones
pf. beasley/halse/lamse/powell
c. anothny/zo/blout

so can you guys please stop saying who will be better and just wait and see who is better?
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #21
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil baller
i love that you guys got rose because he is a streaking pg and we got chalmers who is developing really nicely so that said you guys got what you guys wanted and we got what we wanted so its all good. no rileys will not jump on a rose for beasley, we got chalmers and that okay

pg. chalmers/banks/quinn
sg. wade/cook/quinn
sf. marion/wright/jones
pf. beasley/halse/lamse/powell
c. anothny/zo/blout

so can you guys please stop saying who will be better and just wait and see who is better?

You're just provoking it bro. Jus saying.

And I love the fact that Chalmers and Beasley are on the same team. Big 12 love baby. Except Miami still needs to grab a vet point guard to start games and kind of ease Chalmers into that role. But a core of Chalmers, Wade, and Beasley is going to be down right insane.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:00 PM   #22
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
You're just provoking it bro. Jus saying.

And I love the fact that Chalmers and Beasley are on the same team. Big 12 love baby. Except Miami still needs to grab a vet point guard to start games and kind of ease Chalmers into that role. But a core of Chalmers, Wade, and Beasley is going to be down right insane.
dont forget marion!!!!!
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: