Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Tryouts On Monday

Well My tryouts are tommorow as well and im a 5'9 Sophmore Shooting guard. Im a huslte player and have great conditioning i think its cuz my favorite drill is suicides. I am trying out for JV and im a very good shot blocker at my height and can get boards from the bigs and also i force alot of turnovers my offencive games need some work i can get into the lane but my jump shot isnt good id say out of 10 shouts in a game while being guarded id make 3 of them. My strongest attribute is my defence and my weakest is my jump shooting. Last year i made it to the last cut and just missed being on the team. Mainly because of my grades i cut class alot and failed but this year ive been passing all of my classes. Ive been practicing all summer for this and thats where i improved my mid range shooting alil. what do you guys think of my chances?
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

um, y are u givin us a scouting report of ur game? and btw ur chances sound decent...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
AI09

i just wanted to see what u guys tought my chances were and id have to describe my game to be able to get a response about my chances.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i def think ull make it there is coaches are always looking for a shut down defender
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:35 AM   #5
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

I think you make it, but most people who can score a lot they can make the team much easier even if they don't play to good of D the team then guys who play just D I think.

Let us know how it goes.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
AI09

Well first day of tryouts just finished theres was 57 kids but thats nothing compared to last years 70.You wouldnt bealive how many little kids there were.like 20 kids were 4'10 to 5'0. I did good. I was one of the main guys there because i made it to the late rounds of the tryouts last year and last years team is pretty much gone. They have 4 guys returning from last year. The coach kept putting me in the group where last years players were to show examples of plays to the other kids. This coach usally holds pretty long tryouts so i expect this years tryouts will be about 3weeks. We didnt scrimagge last night he was just looking to see who knew the basics and who can handle the drills and workouts and also who could listen. So basiclly he was looking to get rid of the trash. Next tryout day is thursday and thats the day we will scrimagge.First cut is thursday results for first cut sould be up friday.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

I'd have to see u to have an idea of you chances. A self made scouting report isn't a very good gauge of your chances in my eyes, but I'm sure u understand. With that in mind, I'd still like to wish u the best of luck.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
AI09

Try Outs Day 2

Today we only scrimmaged
It was 5 on 5 with 2 subs on each team so it was 14 player.
i was put into the first scrimmage game as a starter with last years team.
I had a couple of blocks along with a few steals and boards and a jumper. Coach said i was playing great D.We played non stop for about 15-20 mins. After that he made me and the other 13 guys run suicides and he took us to the corner and told us all congrats u made it past first cut and to get dressed and come baq tommorow at 5:00. than he ran about 2 or 3 from more scrimagges with the rest of the kids that were there. He told them that he will only take about 6 more guys to the next cut.
so i figure since he is only taking 12 guys and 3 reserves and i was one of the top 14 guys ther I guess its my spot to lose from now on.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 AM   #9
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

congrats man, i hope you do well and keep working in your game.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #10
AI09

Tryouts Day 3

Day 3 was yesterday and there was only 25 guys there and 5 of them didnt really belong there.We scrimagged non stop and he kept me as a starter every game but 1 where he didnt play me. He made us run plays and i did well in it. I was getting it in to the bigs and cutting off of them and scoring down low. I pulled down boards from the Center and was hitting the midrange jumper.I had a huge block too. The starting PG for this year stole the ball and had the open court infront of him i husled baq on D and blocked his shot off the backboard. Coach didnt make any cuts yesterday but he told us to come baq on Monday and thats when he will make the final cut.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: