Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 AM   #1
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Farmar and Mardy

I sugested before that we try to get Mardy Collins through trade and make him a backup PG and start Farmar at PG. Mardy during that time has a very low value since he's in a crowded back court in NY. Some Laker fans bashed me and said why would we want a knick scrub who cant get playing time

after seeing him play, do think the lakers should have tried to acquire him? If you'll redo the draft, would you draft mardy instead of Farmar?

I really wanted the lakers to draft mardy b4 bec he seems to be the kind of pg that pj wants. he's tall, good defender, and a pass first pg. Also seems to have high bball IQ
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Farmar and Mardy

I think as a laker fan, i really dont want to see another young, unproven player be put into the triangle and forced to make a big impact. What our team lacks is expereince at the point and having 2 second year players manning the point for us scares the shyt out of me. You saw what our lack of expereince did to us in the playoffs. We need a major upgrade there. A proven veteran with leadership qualities to nuture the grwoth of farmar. We will not win championships without an upgrade at the pg position. Mardy is Ok, but the lakers should really be turning to players they think can make an impact on this squad.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

I personally remember I wanted Mardy and Alex. Johnson. Wasn't too upset with the Farmar pick but wasn't impressed either.

I'd still take both Collins and Johnson over Farmar but Farmar isn't too bad.

Speaking of starting either of them, heck no. Do not count on the rookies starting.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
laker1nation
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laker1nation has an OK reputation so far

I kind of like idea of Mardy Collins playing in the triangle as the point!! To bad we didn't draft him!!! Can he shoot?
laker1nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

I'm very glad Farmar was drafted, it was cool to hear he was disappointed that he didn't make the lottery and was drafted so low. A lot of people said he needed to gain weight, and when he came to camp, he did.
Hard worker, and I believe if he had more playing time he would have turned out even better at the end of the year, too bad all that playing time was wasted on Parker. IMO
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future
I'm very glad Farmar was drafted, it was cool to hear he was disappointed that he didn't make the lottery and was drafted so low. A lot of people said he needed to gain weight, and when he came to camp, he did.
Hard worker, and I believe if he had more playing time he would have turned out even better at the end of the year, too bad all that playing time was wasted on Parker. IMO

He actually didn't gain weight. He said he wanted to maintain his quickness but he was very overpowered by other guards.

He has game but his number one priority should be to gain weight. If he does, he will finish more shots against tough defense.

he also needs to work a little bit on his Triangle IQ because he did way too many lag passes, he never had variety in the offense. He made only one decision. I hope he changes that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #7
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we don't want either of them as starters.
I would sooner trade for Jamal Crawford.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #8
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He actually didn't gain weight. He said he wanted to maintain his quickness but he was very overpowered by other guards.

He has game but his number one priority should be to gain weight. If he does, he will finish more shots against tough defense.

he also needs to work a little bit on his Triangle IQ because he did way too many lag passes, he never had variety in the offense. He made only one decision. I hope he changes that.

I thought he did gain weight. But I guess I could be wrong. And he should bulk up. Become like Baron Davis. And as a rooks it would grasp the Triangle in his first year. But every one needs to work on their Triangle IQ. This year I felt the Triangle wasn't working with this year group of player's. I was wishing they try some thing else. Just a thought.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
laker1nation
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laker1nation has an OK reputation so far

We all wish they would try something else!!! But there no way Phil's changing!!!!
laker1nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #10
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Of course getting a vet pg is ideal. Mo williams\brevin\watson\ridnour would be nice but its not easy getting those players

mardy can shoot, still kinda inconsistent be he has good shot mechanics and will improve if he works on it
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #11
CantLooz
I airball my layups

CantLooz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future

I understand that Kobe wants a major change with the roster and the fact that he is in his prime. He wants another shot at the championship. We have a very young team and as a result not enough experience. Farmar, to me will make a great starter. He just needs more experience. Actually, his style of playing has a strikeing resemblance that of Tony Parker when he was a rook. Though Tony Parker averaged about 15 ppg his first year, he also played 34 min per game. Where Famar only played 15 min per game and averaged only 4.4 ppg. Add another 20 miniutes to his game, and he should average 12+ ppg next year. He weighs just as much as Parker and the same height. He drives through the lane just like the guy! The problem this year was the mere fact that we had Smush play most of the minutes. Which to me was a lost cause. To me, if Farmar had more minutes, we would have done better and he would be even better next year due to the experience. Tell me...would you like Tony Parker as our point gaurd. Well he have him in Farmar! So our point gaurd situation is not that bad for next year. Because as time goes by, he will only get better. As for our record...well, we should have done better. The fact is that we had those injuries. Bynum will only be better next year. Our offence has no problems...we had the 5th best offence in the NBA this season. Our defence is the problem. So my question is, why make a major overhaul of our roster when all we need is one more person for our defensive purposes? Farmar can learn to be better defensivly im sure. Kobe is our best defensive player. Lamar is good defensivly. Kwame is good defensivly. So what were the spots that we needed for our defesive void? If we sign a defensive power forward...we should be fine. Which only leaves us one spot left...the point gaurd postion! And who was our starter at PG? THAT DAM SMUSH!!! So we are just one player away from being great...on what...defence. Our offence, there is no question are we great...its just that one void in our defence (that is if Famar and Bynum could pick up on their D). I say if we could ge a healthy Kenyon Martin on a good deal or KG or JO without giving up our core, we should be fine. If we give up LO then all we would have is another void to fill. Its a tough situation...but if we cant get any major player...we may just have to consider Kenyon Martin and take a risk.
CantLooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Why start Farmar over Collins if you get him? Collins is a much better perimeter defender and hustle player than Farmar, and has great passing ability, although his scoring game is a little weak. And NY isn't willing to deal their young players right now, they're just waiting for contracts like Francis and Marbury to expire.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: