Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mike Brown Talks About Assistants

Quote:
During an extended LakersTV interview with head coach Mike Brown, we spent some time talking about his new assistant coaches: Chuck Person, John Kuester, Quin Snyder and Ettore Messina. You can check out the video to get Brown's more extended assessment of his staff, but here's a snippet of Brown's words on each coach:

Brown on Chuck Person: "Chuck interviewed for a head coaching job, he has a nice presence, and he is (loyal, intelligent and has the ability to build relationships). I think he can help with the transition of myself and the rest of the guys coming in new with the players that have been here. It's always, in my opinion, good if you can if you have a relationship with somebody and feel somebody is good keep somebody from the old staff to help the transition (go) a little more smoothly. Chuck is a terrific assistant coach, and he'll be a head coach just like the rest of my guys sometime in the future."

On John Kuester: "It's great to have John Kuester, a great guy like all my guys. He did, the last year in Cleveland, run our offense and he did a terrific job at it. He's a guy that knows what I like he'll help not only the transition between myself and the players, but he'll also be a helpful role player in transitioning the new (coaches) get moved along and understand what we're trying to get done a little bit better so it all won't have to come from me all the time."

On Quin Snyder: "Terrific guy. I had a little trouble hiring him though, because (Lakers GM) Mitch Kupchak just refused to hire anybody that came from Duke. I did some finagling, I had to slide a little extra money to Mitch, and Quin doesn't know this yet but Quin has to run around the practice court in Carolina practice gear 10 times frontwards, and then five times backwards, and then sing the Carolina fight song at mid court one time for Mitch and whoever he decides to bring in to watch this shenanigans.

On Ettore Messina: "He's the equivalent of a Pat Riley, a Gregg Popovich and so on and so forth over in Europe. He has multiple European Championships, and then a ton of league championships in the Spanish League, the Russian League, the Italian League I'm excited that (Messina's) going to bring some things from Europe that I can use. They play a lot of zone in Europe I'm not a huge fan of zone defense, but I think it could be effective with the length of the guys on this team. So that's intriguing, and then some zone offensive stuff and more than zone, he is a terrific man-to-man defensive coach and a very good offensive coach.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/newsnba/11...ntcoaches.html
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Mike Brown Talks About Assistants

I think Mike Brown will be doing a lot of listening to players rather than coaching his style.

I hope everything works out and I will support him.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Im really interested in Messina, dude knows his stuff apparently. Lakers with that length can mash in a zone, and that might save some legs come later in the season.

I am weary about Kuester, Brown says he ran the "offense" in Cleveland yet all he did was ISO and his offense in Detroit was simply give theb all to a guard and go.

Defense Defense Defense is what I want to see though, and thats where Mike Brown has to earn it, for me at least.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

very good interview.... thanks.

I like his team, diverse!!! I can see the Pop in him. I think it
was a good move. D needs to improve...., we do have
some VG defensive players, but team D needs to get better

That improvement will result in better efforts all the time and
will get us back to a team that really wants to compete!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac

Thanks for the link, good post. I love reading about personnel who do the dirty work. Don't get me wrong, Kobe is the biggest piece but it just seemed like writers would rather write his personal stuff endlessly than talk about basketball.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: