Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Franchise
Learning to shoot layups

Default Harris Likes What He Sees, Promises Leadership

Quote:
In an interview with the Nets’ website, Devin Harris says all the right things: that the new Nets are going to be fine–he particularly likes the Eduardo Najera signing; the Nets “did a great job with the draft…addressing needs”; and he expects to play more of a leadership role than he did in Dallas. He also likes the new offense, hinting it’s tuned toward giving him open driving lanes.
:)
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
k-vil
It's Time!

Default Re: Harris Likes What He Sees, Promises Leadership

Hope the Nets will be the surprise team of the year
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
Ethan22
NBA All-Star!

Quote:
“With anybody in the NBA, as far as veterans, you see what they are capable of doing and what they had been brought in for. Keyon is a great energy guy that comes off the bench. He puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the ball; he can run a team up and down the floor. Jarvis Hayes, obviously coming in to make shots; he’s a shooter. Najera, who I was a big fan of, is one of those dirty work guys; rebounding, defense and doing more of the physical game down low. Some of the rookies coming in I’ve seen a lot of. I watched a lot of Brook at Stanford. Ryan can make shots and CDR is more of an all around player. I see Bobby (Simmons) all summer long. We work out together all the time in Chicago.”

“Being the point guard brings the automatic role of team leadership. I’m only five years in to my career but I have seen a lot coming from Dallas. I think I can put in my two cents a lot more, along with the few veterans we do have.”

I'm a big fan of Devin Harris, I think this is his time to shine and be the leader of the team. He is now the franchise, and the Nets have alot of skilled players around him, even though young and inexperienced, DHarris and VC will carry the load. You just need that third guy, who's their third option? Yi?
Ethan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era

Simmons imo then Yi
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

I never doubt the fact that Devin Harris will continue to improve into an All-star player with his number being 20 ppg, 8 apg at prime, but I wonder if he's capable of carrying a team on his shoulder like Kidd did years ago.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #6
k-vil
It's Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I never doubt the fact that Devin Harris will continue to improve into an All-star player with his number being 20 ppg, 8 apg at prime, but I wonder if he's capable of carrying a team on his shoulder like Kidd did years ago.
I think j-kidd's leadership and the ability to a carry a team is unquestionable as he proven during the past years. if Devin can match j-kidd's leadership on the court it will be okay for me because VC will be the one to carry the team on his shoulder
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #7
Franchise
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan22
I'm a big fan of Devin Harris, I think this is his time to shine and be the leader of the team. He is now the franchise, and the Nets have alot of skilled players around him, even though young and inexperienced, DHarris and VC will carry the load. You just need that third guy, who's their third option? Yi?
Yeah it is
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
Ethan22
NBA All-Star!

I don't expect that much from the Nets this season, as long as you try to play ball, this team has got alot of talent. Stromile Swift should get more playing time, maybe start at the four...
Ethan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: