Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far
Default Who/What are the keys to winning tonight?

The Who's:

1. Derek Fisher: I expect him to have a good offensive night; make Nash work on the defensive end

2. Ronny Turiaf: We'll probably see him matched up against Amare tonight...i wouldn't be surprised if he started. He'll need to have that defensive pressure that limits him to 15 pts.

3. Trevor Ariza: Neutralize the Matrix...Marion is great at taking advantage of non-athletic forwards...let's see how he does tonight

4. Lamar Walton/Luke Odom: we'll need 30/20/10 combined from these guys

The What's:

1. Get back on defensive quickly and make them use more than 7 secs on the shot clock

2. Put pressure on the ball and make nash a scorer. This takes the team out of rhythm, which is their weakness

3. Deny the 3 pt shot - that's part of their rhythm

4. Hold Barbosa/Bell to less than 20 pts...IMO, they are the spark plugs to the Suns when they're stalling.(I couldn't decide where to put this in the WHO's or WHAT's section...)

What do you guys think...let's hear some more keys to tonights game!

Last edited by Laker Magic 32 : 01-17-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who/What are the keys to winning tonight?

The Lakers should also be aware of playing within their system. Passing as well as team ball should be the dominant aspects.

And also the bigs should stay out of foul trouble seeing as how they are few and must be play against Amare. So its key for Kwame to stay out of fould trouble and really body up with Amare.

Also there needs to be an urgency in the team from the start.. they wont win tonight without the proper potency and determination.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

im not at all confident in our ability to win this game today.....

there's no way in hell we can play the way we did against seattle and expect a win here tonight....

but hopefully, we stay strong, even without drew
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Laker Magic 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Also there needs to be an urgency in the team from the start.

Good Point...we've definitely need to start out well.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Attack the Sun's weaknesses. Which unfortunately was playing big inside the paint with Bynum. I say we need to put LO on the block and let him punish inside. Suns weakness is that they cannot defend in the paint. Put LO on the block early and let him get ging early. LO is really not bad inside but he usually strays away from that and lurks on the perimeter. It might be wise to play farmar more this game too. Have him penetrate inside and cause fouls on amare and nash.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

If Kobe has to score (or tries really hard to) more than 40 we're probably going to lose. What that means is the rest of the team has to play well and Kobe has to be reasonably unselfish. At least give them the opportunity to fail early in the game so they feel like working their butts off on defense.

Most importantly we need to avoid quick, long-range shots because those are the ones that lead to Suns' fast-breaks and easy points.

Like LakerMagic said, make Nash the scorer, don't leave the 3point shooters open or Marion/Amare cutting to the basket to stop Nash from driving.

Fisher has to be the MVP tonight.

We can win this game, but it will take a lot of effort and smarts.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kwame needs to score 15+ points and rebound well against amare. Must keep amare in check because with grant hill out, their offensive options are much limited now.

Kobe needs to do a good job on the perimeter with keeping nash on a low profile as well as making sure guys like Raja dont explode with threes.

Don't count on Boris Diaw to score 20+ (I hope I didnt jinx us)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kwame needs to score 15+ points and rebound well against amare. Must keep amare in check because with grant hill out, their offensive options are much limited now.

keep dreamin bro. kwame will have around 7 points with 4 missed ft's. him scoring double digits last game was a miricle
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

I would like to see the Lakers experiment with a little small ball during the game tonight. In fact with are lack of presence in the inside I think we need to try to bring small ball at some point in every game while Bynum is out. Are team is more versatile than its been in years and I think this style could give us a different look that will help our lack of offense with Bynum hurt. Farmer should be getting close to 30 minutes a game, he brings a fast and furious pace to the game.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #10
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Attack the Sun's weaknesses. Which unfortunately was playing big inside the paint with Bynum. I say we need to put LO on the block and let him punish inside. Suns weakness is that they cannot defend in the paint. Put LO on the block early and let him get ging early. LO is really not bad inside but he usually strays away from that and lurks on the perimeter. It might be wise to play farmar more this game too. Have him penetrate inside and cause fouls on amare and nash.

Add to that Turiaf needs to score some points and play as many quality min as possible at center. Kwame can score 10+ against the Suns. And Kobe cant turn this into the Kobe show!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

If the Suns get up by more than 10 points for more than 5-6 minutes, the game will be over.
The Lakers need to out rebound the Suns to keep it close.
Kobe needs 8+ assists, or the Lakers will lose.
Missed free throws, layups/dunks will kill the Lakers.
Turnovers will kill the Lakers.
Kwame, Turiaf and Odom must stay out of foul trouble.
Keep Barbosa and Bell under control.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
Laker Magic 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams
I would like to see the Lakers experiment with a little small ball during the game tonight. In fact with are lack of presence in the inside I think we need to try to bring small ball at some point in every game while Bynum is out. Are team is more versatile than its been in years and I think this style could give us a different look that will help our lack of offense with Bynum hurt. Farmer should be getting close to 30 minutes a game, he brings a fast and furious pace to the game.

Ha! I love this idea...can you give Phil a call to remind him?

Alright ppl, we'll see how it goes tonight...i'm off to the Bars to watch this game...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

EDIT: nevermind, i made the gamecast

Last edited by apeman222 : 01-17-2008 at 10:30 PM.
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #14
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I hope you all are praying for KOBE BALL NOW!!! Luke is crap, Kwame is beyond crap, Fisher is non-existant, the only half-decent dude playing is Lamar. Yet Phil continues to keep a squad of chumps on the court!

**** ME I HATE THIS ****!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #15
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Wow, everything that need to go right, went wrong:
Too many turnovers
Out rebounded
Bell, Diaw and Barbosa went off
Missed dunks and layups
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: