Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Derrick Rose shines, but the Mavericks were just too much

It wasn't rebounding that killed the Bulls tonight, thankfully. The Bulls just simply couldn't match the streaking Dallas Mavericks offensively. Dirk is a mad man in the clutch, and Beaubois really snuck up on the Bulls with a brilliant game.

Derrick Rose was incredible with 34 points and 8 assists on 15-22 shooting from the field. It's great to see him bring it everynight. Even in losses, it's awesome watching this Rose grow as a Bull. I really can't say it enough.

Time to bounce back Bulls. Play-offs?!
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Derrick Rose shines, but the Mavericks were just too much

playoffs? i honestly don't see it happening now. With Noah we're in easily as the 6th seed. You see how we play without him, we're just completely overwhelmed. as much as I would love to see us in the playoffs, Id rather see us miss the playoffs, have Noah completely 100% heal his foot, get a decent lottery pick, sign a big time free agent so we can be happy next year. But i mean if we do get in the playoffs i dont want to see Noah forcing himself to play while still hurting only to end up losing to the magic, cavs, boston or atlanta.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway
playoffs? i honestly don't see it happening now.

If they can play like they did tonight, I could see play-offs happening. The Maverick just outclassed us. The Bulls still are trying to find ways to win without Noah, and today was a step in the right direction, just a painful one.

Quote:
With Noah we're in easily as the 6th seed. You see how we play without him, we're just completely overwhelmed. as much as I would love to see us in the playoffs, Id rather see us miss the playoffs, have Noah completely 100% heal his foot, get a decent lottery pick, sign a big time free agent so we can be happy next year. But i mean if we do get in the playoffs i dont want to see Noah forcing himself to play while still hurting only to end up losing to the magic, cavs, boston or atlanta.

Completely agree with this. I would really like to see the Bulls in the play-offs, but it's not like they'll have any real success this season. A lottery pick is hardly a bad thing considering this team will be blown up in 2010 with the cap space to sign some help to go along with it.

No play-offs, Del Negro is on "Fired" watch, I know he is regardless, but it'd be code red if the Bulls don't make it in.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There were some flashes tonight. But the Mavs have been one of the hottest teams in the NBA coming into this game.

I did like the fire in this game. We lost, but it was a good game to see. Deng was non-existant from the field, and that may have been the difference tonite.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

We played the hottest team in the league and kept up with them. Considering Deng didn't play well and they couldn't miss from 3 and we still kept up with them, that says a lot. We had a chance to win that game and just couldn't get a couple stops.

Hinrich had a good game but was out matched by Butler and Beaubois was too fast when he was guarding him. Hinrich looked pretty good tonight which is a step in the right direction. Miller and Gibson both looked good. Both got blocked on a few layups but that's ok. If we get production from those three guys on a nightly basis we will win games. We will make the playoffs. We have a rough stretch but I think we will.

James Johnson needs to get more playing time. He got in the game early and made things happen. He hit a three, got a block on a layup by Barea, and got to the foul line. All that in like a 4 minute stretch. If Deng isn't playing well like last night put Johnson in. Or if we are playing a tall team like Dallas, put him in at the 2.

This team has been up and down this year. Right now we are in a down swing but I think with the way we played last night we are headed back up. This team can beat anyone, we have proven it this year. I think we will make the playoffs as the 7th seed.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

to quote Mora... "Playoffs? Playoffs?? Playoffs? I'd be happy if we won a game."

It's going to come down to the wire... the bottom line is somebody other than Rose has to step up. Unfortunately, the Bulls #2 option right now is Deng. That's not a recipe for success. If Deng and Hinrich play well down then stretch then I think we're in.... If not, then it looks like another trip to the lottery.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
aem
I hit open 5-footers

aem has an OK reputation so far

From The NorthWest Herald

"Before Saturday’s game, Rose joined LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul as the only players to average at least 19.5 points, 5.5 assists and 3.5 rebounds a game. "

The only thing keeping me going at the moment is the fact that Derrick is continually improving... I just wish he had a little help.

God I miss Noah....
aem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

I think we might need to consider bringing Noah back... Even if it's for those short stints. Anything can help us right now.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drose Is by far the most promising talent we have had in the last decade on the bulls! love this guy, just hope he gets an all star PF to play with next year.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: