Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default He better realize

Isiah Thomas has been forced to use a starting lineup of Jamal Crawford, Stephon Starbury, David Lee, Eddy Curry, and Channing Frye the last couple of days. Why? Because of the brawl with Denver that lead to suspensions, and injuries to Quentin Richardson and Steve Francis; yet, these Knicks have won 3 straight, and have a shot at making it 4 against the lowly 76ers tomorrow night. However, why are these Knicks winning? I have the answer:
DAVID LEE.
When Jared Jeffries comes back from his suspension, there is a distinct possibility that the hero David Lee will be taken out of the starting lineup. Isiah Thomas claims that Jeffries gives the Knicks a touch that they need, he is wrong. The touch they need is given from David Lee, a pass first, rebounding, energetic machine. In the Knicks win against the one of the best teams in the NBA, the Utah Jazz, David Lee had 17 points, and 20 rebounds. He threw the perfect pass to Stephon Marbury that set up the game winner. The next day, he had 19 rebounds, and 10 points; the most notable of the 10points was the game winning tip in with .1 seconds left, the first time it had been conducted in the history of the NBA. Tonight, Lee had 12 points, and 14 rebounds. Without David Lee in this starting lineup, there is a substantial chance that the Knicks wouldnt have won any of the three games in the streak. Isiah called Jeffries the glue that will hold the Knicks together, but he was wrong; David Lee is the glue that holds the Knicks together.

Jared Jeffries can be most effective for the Knicks by coming off the bench. In this three game streak, the Knicks have been forced to use ridiculed rookie Renaldo Balkman, veteran Malik Rose, and Kelvin Cato, a free agent that was unwanted; when Jeffries comes back, they will no longer be needed as much. Jeffries can play center, power forward, and small forward. Him, Lee, Curry and Frye can be the glue that hold the Knicks together, along with Marbury and Crawford running things in the backcourt. Anyways, the point im trying to make is that Isiah Thomas should understand that Lee is the magic touch to these Knicks, and nobody, including Jared Jeffries should be allowed to disrupt that.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Lee has to start even if he swing from the 3 to the 4 even th 5 against smaller lineups.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
blakdes
I airball my layups

blakdes has an OK reputation so far

Man, I'm tired of hearing all this praise about jared jefferies...he's overrated here on these boards. He bring defense, but so does Lee. There is no way in hell jefferies should be starting over Lee. No way! He should be use resourcefully like Raja Bell, and Steve Bowen. Defensive lineup!
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdes
Man, I'm tired of hearing all this praise about jared jefferies...he's overrated here on these boards. He bring defense, but so does Lee. There is no way in hell jefferies should be starting over Lee. No way! He should be use resourcefully like Raja Bell, and Steve Bowen. Defensive lineup!
I agree, when Francis comes back, we shouldnt play him. Our starting lineup should be the same, and our bench should be-
Mardy Collins
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Jared Jeffries
That gives us a defensive minded bench with size, I hope Isiah realizes that Francis is unecesary, as is JJ in the starting lineup.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

JJ is a solid player, but we need to find playing time for Lee, at either the 3 or 4, Lee is an active player that makes things happen, the same can be said about Balkman, the man brings a lot of energy off the bench just like Lee.

Looks like we found two energetic front court players through the draft two years in a row, I wouldn't trade either of them at this point, I am looking forward to watching these two guys develop over the next few season

Lets hope they are not traded away
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatCummingsFan
JJ is a solid player, but we need to find playing time for Lee, at either the 3 or 4, Lee is an active player that makes things happen, the same can be said about Balkman, the man brings a lot of energy off the bench just like Lee.

Looks like we found two energetic front court players through the draft two years in a row, I wouldn't trade either of them at this point, I am looking forward to watching these two guys develop over the next few season

Isiah has made some bad moves, but I think that even he has the sense to keep JJ and Lee. Lee out of all the Knicks has the lowest ego, and as much as I would like him in the starting lineup, theres a chance JJ's ego will get bruised, so as long as Lee gets his 40 minutes, and we win, there is nothing to complain about.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatCummingsFan

Isiah has made some bad moves, but I think that even he has the sense to keep JJ and Lee. Lee out of all the Knicks has the lowest ego, and as much as I would like him in the starting lineup, theres a chance JJ's ego will get bruised, so as long as Lee gets his 40 minutes, and we win, there is nothing to complain about.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir

JJ needs to realize he is not the savior of the team, but as long as he plays hard every night and shows he is a team player, everything should be ok.

His size and versatility can be a great asset to the team, but right now David Lee is playing with a furious passion and his energy really lifts the team, he needs his minutes as he has shown he can be the key to winning games.
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Zeke better realize that Jefferies is the ONLY Knick that can defend Stoudamire tonite. Frye on Marion. Curry on Thomas. Tonite is a crucial point in the season for the Knicks. Start the next month on a winning streak would really help in the standings. Francis is need because of the amount of talented guards on the Suns bench. Can't wait until 9pm. Woo hoo!!! Go Knicks!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Zeke better realize that Jefferies is the ONLY Knick that can defend Stoudamire tonite. Frye on Marion. Curry on Thomas. Tonite is a crucial point in the season for the Knicks. Start the next month on a winning streak would really help in the standings. Francis is need because of the amount of talented guards on the Suns bench. Can't wait until 9pm. Woo hoo!!! Go Knicks!!!

Curry isn't on Thomas because Thomas isn't starting. Boris Diaw Is.

Curry on Amare
Frye on Marion
Jeffries on Diaw
Crawford on Raja
Marbury on Nash

You can also have david lee on amare and either double or help D
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Curry isn't on Thomas because Thomas isn't starting. Boris Diaw Is.

Curry on Amare
Frye on Marion
Jeffries on Diaw
Crawford on Raja
Marbury on Nash

You can also have david lee on amare and either double or help D

Curry on Amare is two fouls on Curry in less than a minute. Watch.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #12
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Why Jeffries

I know Lee is a more important component then JJ but lets be real...Jeffries is about 6'10 plays D, puts the ball on the floor, and runs the floor very well...IF HE CAN ONLY SHOOT HE WOULD BE RIDIC.. but thats not the case...if he can shoot an open trey and shoot 65% from the line he would be a much more productive player.

but why should he sit for lee?? Frye is inconsistent and plays great in spurts and is a very solid player but Lee goes better with curry then frye and rebounds much better and brings more speed to the line up...if Zeke thinks that curry is the savior(I SEVERLY DISAGREE) but since he feels so strongly he should place components to make him better.. Lee hits an open jump shot and rebounds enough for both of them...Jeffries is perfect for defense but KILLZ us on offense(I shoot better from the line).. Q, crawford and marbury can all hit 3's. so u pick which 2 would take up the gaurd posistions. BUT LEE NEEDS TO PLAY.

The day that the Knicks start LEE everyday is the day that we go to the playoffs. (I SAID IT AND I MEANT IT)
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:45 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Curry on Amare is two fouls on Curry in less than a minute. Watch.

I said it.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
I know Lee is a more important component then JJ but lets be real...Jeffries is about 6'10 plays D, puts the ball on the floor, and runs the floor very well...IF HE CAN ONLY SHOOT HE WOULD BE RIDIC.. but thats not the case...if he can shoot an open trey and shoot 65% from the line he would be a much more productive player.

but why should he sit for lee?? Frye is inconsistent and plays great in spurts and is a very solid player but Lee goes better with curry then frye and rebounds much better and brings more speed to the line up...if Zeke thinks that curry is the savior(I SEVERLY DISAGREE) but since he feels so strongly he should place components to make him better.. Lee hits an open jump shot and rebounds enough for both of them...Jeffries is perfect for defense but KILLZ us on offense(I shoot better from the line).. Q, crawford and marbury can all hit 3's. so u pick which 2 would take up the gaurd posistions. BUT LEE NEEDS TO PLAY.

The day that the Knicks start LEE everyday is the day that we go to the playoffs. (I SAID IT AND I MEANT IT)

I think Lee should start but he is better as the sixth man. Right there with crawford. these guys would give the same production whether they start or not because they don't have ego problems. They just go out and play hard.

Our starting line-up should be....

PG Marbs
SG Q
SF Balkman
PF jefferies
C frye

This is a very versatile line-up and it keeps most of our defense on the floor at that beginning of the game which is where we lose games. right from the first quarter. By having crawford, lee coming in off the bench they will still get their 30 minutes a game by giving necessary breaks to the guys who will need it namely marbs, q and frye. im not sold on Curry at all. Even when we pound the ball in to him the offense is too stagnant. if he gets fouled he wont make any free throws so it basically is an uncounted turnover. We are supposed to running more. We are the best rebounding team in the league. We have some very good finishers. our entire frontcourt except Curry ran run the floor and finish or get putbacks. The only thing that count against us is our 16 turnovers a game. If we could chop that down to twelve. that would equate to 4 more possesion to put up about 8 more points. We score 99 and give up 103. I wonder what does our practices look like. That is all i would be doing if I were the coach is run up and down the court 5- on five practicing how to run a fast break. And Free throw. we got to improve there too.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #15
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Good but could be better

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I think Lee should start but he is better as the sixth man. Right there with crawford. these guys would give the same production whether they start or not because they don't have ego problems. They just go out and play hard.

Our starting line-up should be....

PG Marbs
SG Q
SF Balkman
PF jefferies
C frye

This is a very versatile line-up and it keeps most of our defense on the floor at that beginning of the game which is where we lose games. right from the first quarter. By having crawford, lee coming in off the bench they will still get their 30 minutes a game by giving necessary breaks to the guys who will need it namely marbs, q and frye. im not sold on Curry at all. Even when we pound the ball in to him the offense is too stagnant. if he gets fouled he wont make any free throws so it basically is an uncounted turnover. We are supposed to running more. We are the best rebounding team in the league. We have some very good finishers. our entire frontcourt except Curry ran run the floor and finish or get putbacks. The only thing that count against us is our 16 turnovers a game. If we could chop that down to twelve. that would equate to 4 more possesion to put up about 8 more points. We score 99 and give up 103. I wonder what does our practices look like. That is all i would be doing if I were the coach is run up and down the court 5- on five practicing how to run a fast break. And Free throw. we got to improve there too.

umm the line up is versitile but there is no rebounder in that line up(since lee is on the bench). there is no low post scorer, frye can't do it alone and he takes to many jump shots(he scores like jeffries should). Jeffries is a good defender but has the worst jump shot in the eastern conference lol. Lee belongs there and balkman can't shoot free throws for the life of him. I dislike Eddy/Cato as well but its unrealistic to think that we will get rid of him...zeke loves him so he has to be the 5. Lee/Frye the 4. Jeffries/Q at the 3. Crawford/ Q at the 2. Marbury at the 1(since he's also butt buddies with Zeke). I want Zeke to perform and win to keep his job but i really think he doesnt want his job judging by what line ups he comes up with. Malik and Jerome should never be on the court i know they make a lot of money but dont smack the fans in the face playin the 2 worst players on the team. CATO plays better then both of them...ITS SO OBVIOUS..HE SHOULD BE IN THE ROTATION....HE BRINGS 2 THINGS THAT NO OTHER BIG BRINGS 1. BLOCKING 2. MANLINESS.
Its no conincidence that we are last in blocks and last in being bad asses.
So i guess ima have to change my line up and make it like this: since i see now how bad JJ shoots more then ever against the LA Clippers so this is it for me.

Eddy
Frye
Lee
Q
Marbury

Crawford
Nate
Jeffries/Balkman(one of them have to go- too similar, only room for 1 hustlin 3 that can't shoot)
Cato

Reserve
Malik
Jerome
Collins
Balkman/Jeffries
RELEASE FRANCIS
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: