Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Google now allows you to choose "other" as your gender.

I mean look the thing is I don't even have a problem with people that choose to be gay or whatever. But for the simple sake of social convenience, when you're filling out a form or something, just ****ing pick whatever gender you at least identify with most. Whatever one that is. But just pick one, so that we can address letters to you as Mr. or Mrs, refer to you as 'he' or 'her' ok?

I mean this f@ggot attention whoring is SO embarrassing. These people are just doing this to DARE others to say 'wtf is this' and then they can scream and cry about political correctness and get all sorts of pats on the back from hipsters and liberals who think mindless 'progressiveness' is some sort of badge of honor.

Google is simply doing this as a way of saying "HEY EVERYONE, WE'RE TOTALLY HIP!" The way people treat minorities these days is like how people treat babies or retarded kids. Giving them all sorts of attention and talking down to them and treating them with patronizing inferiority. "I was very impressed with Quantrell, he was... *wait for it*.... so well spoken!" "You don't want to watch men kiss in public? Wow, I thought this was 2014. Guess there are still jesus loving redneck trailer trash bigots walking around."

So absurd. These days it's cool to be tolerant. Ok, whatever. It is what it is. But the problem is that too many people think "wait a minute, that must mean that the more tolerant I am, the cooler everyone will think I look!" And then that's how we get ridiculous liberal lunacy. Dudes just going way too far, trying to look cool. I swear the next big male fashion trend will be bras and panties.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

I think the option should be "both" rather than "other"... you either identify as male, female or (somehow) a mix of the two so what is this "other" crap?

would you be okay with "both" instead?

Very good NBA starter

OP is just mad there's no option for him to choose faqqit

"all of the above" would have been funny

To be fair, some people are born not strictly male or female, but some kind of combination of both.

Maybe 'both' would've been better than 'other'

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    To be fair, some people are born not strictly male or female, but some kind of combination of both.

Maybe 'both' would've been better than 'other'

Yeah but in those cases people typically identify with one gender more than the other. It's like being right or left handed. Even when the ability to use both is present, one is dominant.

And so for the sake of practicality, these people historically choose one or the other to identify with. They either go in the men's bathroom, or the women's bathroom. They don't stand in the hall and pee in between the two. They put M on their license, or they put F. There's no option for 'Ask me'. They prefer being referred to as 'he' or 'she' because believe me, if you DARE refer to a 'transgender' as "it" you will have a torch-wielding mob outside your door.

I mean, you can't win with this stuff. You try to be tolerant to a degree, but these people demand more and more concessions. Because they know everyone is so afraid these days and nobody's gonna dare be like NAH, [COLOR="Black"]FU[/COLOR]CK THAT. YOU GAY. It's like how if a dog thinks you're shook, it keeps barking at you. Political correctness hounds keep pushing the envelope because the world is filled with betas now who figure its safer to just fit in and go with it than to put a foot down and say 'this is really pretty silly, i choose not to recognize this.'

I mean for realz yall. What a freakin world we live in today.

I will henceforth refer to them as 'it'

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Yeah, what a shitty world we live where we can't all people "it".

Dude but that's the thing, I steady BEEN calling these people 'it' and I get dirty looks for it, and now all the sudden they're demanding to be called that! Wtf mayne.

Basically they just want to have you say and think things on THEIR terms, and they use the tactic of guilt to control people like that. It's pretty much all about control. Honestly, giving in to all that political correctness, "no jokes allowed" hissy fit mentality, is BETA AS F*CK.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    No I think it will be decided that because testosterone often leads to bullying, its only fair that nobody should have testicles so that way the weak and timid can't get picked on.

People wonder why Europe is more liberal and feminine than 'Merica. It's because their land has been settled for hundreds and hundreds of years. People who came to America on a ****ing wooden ship before electricity was even invented and had to settle a frontier were tough as shit. They had to be. And it took real men to lead that kind of thing. You think it's cold up in the northeast right now? Imagine having no cars or electricity or supermarkets and have to live through that stuff. And Injun tribes who could show up and scalp you at any minute. You need alphas in your society to be able to survive.

I'm not even kidding, settling colonial America was no joke. There was no time to worry about whether a man slapped his wife around. That same man was probably breaking his back on his farm all day just so that his family could eat. Not sayin I condone domestic violence, just that as we gain more conveniences, our priorities shift toward things that would have been considered insignificantly minor back in the day.

And really, there is no more need for alpha males any more. Land/Nature has been conquered by technology. Men who are aggressive and cutthroat now are less likely to populate, because there are more and more restrictions on that type of behavior and it puts them in jail. I'm not sayin its a good or bad thing, just evolution. In a way its good because obviousuly we don't want people prone to robbery and assault out on the loose, but the flipside of that coin is that the average man has become soooo feminized.

Anyway, my point is, we're eventually one day all going to be unisex robots living on Mars. I think that's pretty well understood.

Yeah but in those cases people typically identify with one gender more than the other. It's like being right or left handed. Even when the ability to use both is present, one is dominant.

And so for the sake of practicality, these people historically choose one or the other to identify with. They either go in the men's bathroom, or the women's bathroom. They don't stand in the hall and pee in between the two. They put M on their license, or they put F. There's no option for 'Ask me'. They prefer being referred to as 'he' or 'she' because believe me, if you DARE refer to a 'transgender' as "it" you will have a torch-wielding mob outside your door.

I mean, you can't win with this stuff. You try to be tolerant to a degree, but these people demand more and more concessions. Because they know everyone is so afraid these days and nobody's gonna dare be like NAH, [COLOR="Black"]FU[/COLOR]CK THAT. YOU GAY. It's like how if a dog thinks you're shook, it keeps barking at you. Political correctness hounds keep pushing the envelope because the world is filled with betas now who figure its safer to just fit in and go with it than to put a foot down and say 'this is really pretty silly, i choose not to recognize this.'

I mean for realz yall. What a freakin world we live in today.
    It's just an issue of identity. They don't feel their identity fits either male or female. So why should they have to check a box that claims they are either a male or a female? If you were asked your political affiliation and the only choices were Democrat or Republican, and you were neither, would you want to just select one because that's the only choices? Choose whichever fits best? I doubt it.

I don't care. Let the other box exist.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Too little too late Google. We won't forgive you based on what you did before

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    How many of them do you come into contact with, would you say? Is there a massive population in your city where it's suffocating or do you actively hunt for them so you can fight this social injustice?

Nah I'm sayin if like someone mentions somethin about Rachel Maddow and I'm like "I don't really watch it's show" then peeps be like "watchu mean it"??? And I'm like "yeah, I can't really figure out what it is, so I just call it 'it' ya know?" That's when the jimmies start a-rustlin.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    It's just an issue of identity. They don't feel their identity fits either male or female. So why should they have to check a box that claims they are either a male or a female? If you were asked your political affiliation and the only choices were Democrat or Republican, and you were neither, would you want to just select one because that's the only choices? Choose whichever fits best? I doubt it.

I don't care. Let the other box exist.

So you're saying we need to create new bathrooms for them? And alter drivers license printings? And tiptoe and tapdance every time we're not sure how someone wants to be addressed?

I mean for the sake of simple administrative efficiency, we can't ask the small percentage of people out there who have a gender anomaly to "choose the description below that best describes your no-no zone"??? Seriously, that's such an enormous offense? It's not like anyone's telling them how to live. Simply asking them to choose between the two familiar genders for identification purposes. I don't personally think it's too much to ask.

There are a lot of legal situations where I could cry technicality and say I don't believe in this or that and give reasons I should be exempt etc. and it'll never get recognized. All I'll hear is "tough." But I guess that's because I'm not minority enough

So you're saying we need to create new bathrooms for them? And alter drivers license printings? And tiptoe and tapdance every time we're not sure how someone wants to be addressed?
    I don't think you need to tiptoe and tapdance. I've asked transgender people what they like to be called. I do find it funny and strange how some of them perceive the world, but it's also interesting. I also just don't really care. I'm not trying to be the worlds greatest hippie or anything, but they're people who feel ostracized and if they want an other box let them have it. Btw, I'm sure some of them don't even want that option, or don't care themselves- before I make the mistake of painting with too broad a brush.

I just look at it as kinda funny. It's funny that human intelligence can lead us to questions like this. What is gender? How do we categorize ourselves? Overall I just think it's funny and I wouldn't get too up in arms about it.

I mean for the sake of simple administrative efficiency, we can't ask the small percentage of people out there who have a gender anomaly to "choose the description below that best describes your no-no zone"??? Seriously, that's such an enormous offense? It's not like anyone's telling them how to live. Simply asking them to choose between the two familiar genders for identification purposes. I don't personally think it's too much to ask.

There are a lot of legal situations where I could cry technicality and say I don't believe in this or that and give reasons I should be exempt etc. and it'll never get recognized. All I'll hear is "tough." But I guess that's because I'm not minority enough

Reminds me of this south park scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKA1i-5GrMg

(couldn't find it in english)