Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default seviceable big men out there?

I am thinking that we can package a couple guys to get someones back up center. We really need this guy to step up for one year then be willing to get back on the bench.

My first choice would be Ronny Turiaf from the Warriors. I would love to see him getting 30 minutes a game, not sure how willing the wariors would be wiling to part with him, but this is My dream for this year.

Others that come to mind......
Darko, i know many think he is a scrub, but i think he could be alright in the right situation.

Brad Miller, seems like he could be had, but not sure what he is making.

Kwame, i know it seems like a bust list, but he can still play decent defense and isnt a midget like Yuck Hayes.

Pryzbilla, would work if portland would be willing to give him up

Marc Gasol, seems like he is availiable, seeing how they got thabeet

let me know what you guys think, or are you fine with the guys we have?
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
unknown101
Local High School Star

unknown101 has decent reputationunknown101 has decent reputation
Default Re: seviceable big men out there?

How about the other C on memphis Hamed Haddadi, I've seen some of his games and he looks pretty good.

I like Turiaf too, he's a great shot blocker. I was hoping we would get Gortat.
unknown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

I was hoping we could of gotten Marcin Gortat from Orlando but that didn't work. He would of been a good fit for the Rox.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 AM   #4
mattevans11

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I was hoping we could of gotten Marcin Gortat from Orlando but that didn't work. He would of been a good fit for the Rox.

yeah and he would have gotten lots of minutes in houston this year too..... but he didnt know that yao was out for season then and the magic would have matched it anyway
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Maybe some kind of trade could be worked out?
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
Maybe some kind of trade could be worked out?

If we were to do a trade, I could see Orlando asking for a lot, so I don't know. Its far too late to try to get him though.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:32 AM   #7
mattevans11

Quote:
If we were to do a trade, I could see Orlando asking for a lot, so I don't know. Its far too late to try to get him though.

i agree. plus i would rather find someone that is a career backup that could use this as a try out year..... gortat is going to start someday and makes too much money for too long of a time.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

I want Kwame Brown, I never thought I'd say that lol. But I like what he was doing in Detroit, maybe a big man from the Wizards. They have quite a few and not enough PT to go around, maybe Andray Blatche?
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hear he's actually been working out for your squad too..

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/09/s...but_it_wa.html

Come on guys, you know you'd just love to see Stro in Rockets red again!
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4

I hear he's actually been working out for your squad too..

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/09/s...but_it_wa.html

Come on guys, you know you'd just love to see Stro in Rockets red again!

I can wear my Stromile Swift jersey to Rocket games again!
But seriously, I think he'll be a better fit under Adelman, so I like this, but I still think we should be trying to get a 7 footer.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 AM   #11
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Marcus Camby + Sebastian Telfair + Ricky Davis for Shane Battier + Kyle Lowry + Brian Cook + Brent Barry

Rockets get a solid big to fill the void until Yao returns, along with a decent point guard prospect and a guy who can be instant offense off the bench. Clippers get a solid SF and backup PG.

Rockets also save 2k10 salary by getting rid of Battier's 7 or so mil as Camby is an expirer and Telfair has a 2.3 mil player option. Lowry also has 2k10 salary on his deal, so the Rockets can have an additional 6 or so to play with.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: