Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 02-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

Default Re: Memphis Tigers are Ghetto and Classless

You claim Memphis is classless, YET you forget to mention what the UAB fans did.

NEWSFLASH- the UAB fans are not innocent angels.

Yet to you, the UAB fans were victims.

It's their fault!

They started it, yet you think the UAB fans' actions were justified?!

You make me sick, acting like the UAB fans have a right to act like idiots.

Last edited by ChrisKreager : 02-20-2008 at 05:22 PM.
ChrisKreager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #17
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Saying that Memphis acted classless doesn't implicitly say the UAB fans were right. No one acted with class in that situation. If you say that no one would've acted with class in that situation, I watched the Illinois basketball team, after their first loss of the year, leave the court without incident at Ohio State in 2005 with fans swarming the court, pushing them around as they tried to leave, screaming at them inches from their faces.

Why did they leave without incident? Because they had class. And I'm not just saying that because I'm an Illinois fan, because if that happened this year Shaun Pruitt's chump ass would probably go Artest on someone. There's tons of examples of teams acting with class in controversial situations, that's just one I happened to witness personally, not more than 50 feet from me, in recent years.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #18
BasketBrawl
Saw a basketball once

Those boys from Illinois were shoved a little bit, being screamed at but they were trying to get off of the court as fast as possible. They were on the court for maybe 20-30 seconds. Nothing was thrown at them. No beer spilled all over them. I am sure nothing overly derogatory was said to them. No middle fingers being held up by half of the crowd. That situation was MINUSCULE compared to what happened at UAB.

Memphis wasn't right in how they reacted, in no way should a slap have been thrown. However a lot of these posts are trying to pin the whole situation on the Memphis team. I respect that you have been the only one to say UAB was in the wrong as well as the Memphis team. My only justification is that I believe the cause for the blow up was due to UAB. Memphis should have not responded the way they did, but UAB fans DID cause this situation.
BasketBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #19
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

You said it yourself, they were trying to get off the court as fast as possible. Now, I understand that Memphis won and they were pumped, and Illinois lost and they weren't pumped. Different scenario, and if I made it out to seem like they were equivalents, my apologies.

But why wasn't Memphis getting off the court as soon as they could? Why did they have guys hanging around looking for trouble? Why did they have guys digging through trash cans looking for stuff to throw?

I don't think the Ohio State fans were being as obscene and trying to incite the Illini like the UAB fans were. But then again, the UAB fans weren't swarming the court, putting their fingers right in Chris Douglas-Roberts' face like they were to Luther Head. The Memphis players sought out trouble, whereas the Illinois players had trouble brought right to their faces and didn't react.

Whoever is trying to pin the whole situation on Memphis- and it certainly seemed like JPR was- is wrong. The UAB fans were even more wrong than the Memphis team. But that doesn't excuse the classlessness with which Memphis acted.

It isn't a condemnable offense. My opinion of the individuals in question isn't forever marred. But like it or not, the scholarship athletes have a greater responsibility to act maturely than the students in attendance.

Last edited by TheGame414 : 02-22-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #20
Jordan Pippen Rodman
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers forward Shawne Williams will miss at least one game after a man who had just left Williams' home was arrested on a murder charge."

Shawne Williams was born and raised in Memphis and was a Memphis Tiger.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10672681
Jordan Pippen Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Hate is all in this very thread.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #22
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

It's not hateful to call a spade a spade. The UAB fans and the Memphis team were both very classless that night.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
Cerebral Jedi
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Pippen Rodman
"INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers forward Shawne Williams will miss at least one game after a man who had just left Williams' home was arrested on a murder charge."

Shawne Williams was born and raised in Memphis and was a Memphis Tiger.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10672681

LMAO@at how hard this guy is TRYING to make a point. Ok, Ok. You've convinced me. Everyone from Memphis AND especially those who attended Memphis U. are ghetto and classless.
Cerebral Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: