Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm a little frustrated.

I'm trying to get a scrap for the Bandito costume, and I'm sposeda win a game of five finger filet in Torqueda (the city up on the mesa all the way to the east in Mexico). I've won handfull of times, and they won't give me my scrap.

Is it a bug. Has anyone else run into it.
    I haven't tried that yet, but I have a similar issue. I think it's the Bandito costume actually, but I could be wrong. It says to just buy something at the general store in Escurado (spelling?). I have bought stuff there a bunch of times and haven't had it checked off my costume list.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I haven't tried that yet, but I have a similar issue. I think it's the Bandito costume actually, but I could be wrong. It says to just buy something at the general store in Escurado (spelling?). I have bought stuff there a bunch of times and haven't had it checked off my costume list.

You actually have to buy the scrap itself from there.

I did the same thing actually. I thought I just had to buy something. And I had nothing to buy, so I just bought the most expensive horse. It's the first horse I've bought actually.

But the scrap is listed in the general store's list, but it's listed as "not available". I still haven't gotten it available yet either.

I just finished the mission where Reyes saves me from DeSanta. I'm probably just a bit ahead of you it sounds like.

I tried the Torqueda Five Finger Fillet before I overran the town. And then again after I overran the town. Normally you just beat one guy and the award pops up. But it's not coming. And I've done a bunch of guys now, and even upped the betting to it's max. I was getting flustered enough last night that I started losing.
    I don't know whats going on. It's weird. And that stupid scrap will gnaw at my OCD.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

I actually have the whole Bandito outfit and have worn it. Weird that it is not working for you guys. I got it unlocked the first time and I'm not even good at the five finger. I thought there was an achievement to unlock if you really beat those guys at five finger but I'm not sure cause I haven't gotten it. I always lose in the 3rd round or so. The one that involves the Y and the X too.
    Anyway, I'm not sure what the problem is with that piece of clothing. Kinda weird.
    I actually just barely did the mission when Reyes saved me from DeSanta.
    Just did that last night, but have had the bandito outfit for about a week, pretty crazy that we could be at the same place in the game but everybodys experience is different . ..

I see a few of you are struggling with outfits you unlock in Mexico.

When purchasing the scrap in Escalera, you have to beat all of the Mexico missions first before it becomes available.

For the 5 Finger Fillet game in the far Eastern section of Mexico, you have to beat 3 straight guys without standing up. Bet the Minimum each time. You'll notice once you beat 1 guy, another will immediately sit down... the ante is raised and you must beat him, and another guy afterwards.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    I see a few of you are struggling with outfits you unlock in Mexico.

When purchasing the scrap in Escalera, you have to beat all of the Mexico missions first before it becomes available.

For the 5 Finger Fillet game in the far Eastern section of Mexico, you have to beat 3 straight guys without standing up. Bet the Minimum each time. You'll notice once you beat 1 guy, another will immediately sit down... the ante is raised and you must beat him, and another guy afterwards.

Hope that helps.

That actually helps a lot. Thanks. I'll try it tonight.

It seems like I beat three guys in a row, but maybe I didn't.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    I actually have the whole Bandito outfit and have worn it. Weird that it is not working for you guys. I got it unlocked the first time and I'm not even good at the five finger. I thought there was an achievement to unlock if you really beat those guys at five finger but I'm not sure cause I haven't gotten it. I always lose in the 3rd round or so. The one that involves the Y and the X too.
    Anyway, I'm not sure what the problem is with that piece of clothing. Kinda weird.
    I actually just barely did the mission when Reyes saved me from DeSanta.
    Just did that last night, but have had the bandito outfit for about a week, pretty crazy that we could be at the same place in the game but everybodys experience is different . ..

That's weird that you have it then, because if you're at the same mission I am, it would seem you still have missions left in Mexico, so you shouldn't have been able to buy the scrap in Escalara.

Maybe I still have Luisa missions that you finished before I did. Who knows.

I'm a little frustrated.

I'm trying to get a scrap for the Bandito costume, and I'm sposeda win a game of five finger filet in Torqueda (the city up on the mesa all the way to the east in Mexico). I've won handfull of times, and they won't give me my scrap.

Is it a bug. Has anyone else run into it.
    You're confusing 2 outfits. The Bandito outfit doesnt require you to win Five Finger Fillet. Thats the Mexican Rebel Outfit. For the Mexican Rebel Outfit you have to defeat 3 players at Five Finger fillet. And at the end you will unlock the scrap. You can check your outfits because they have a checklist of what you accomplished and didnt. The thing is you cant complete this outfit until after a mission is completed. I cant forget which one. As mentioned it might be the final mission in Mexico before Blackwater is opened up.

The Bandito outfit you need to do a nightjob in Chuparosa (sp?), find a scrap in some gully. Just go to your outfit and place a tracker. It'll show the area you need to search. I could tell you where its at exactly unless you want to search/explore yourself. You gotta capture a Bandito bounty ALIVE (cant kill) for another piece of the scrap. And the last scrap just track. You gotta kill some Banditos attacking mexicans. You track the area, go there and see the red dots. Once completed you'll have the 5th scrap. I cant remember is this was a gang hideout or a random town. Once you complete this you get the Bandito scrap at Chuparosa (sp?) at the General Store.

Sidenote: Just looked at my missions, its called An Appointed Time where you save Reyes from the Mexican army. If you havent done/completed this mission then thats why the scrap isnt available at Escalera (Mexican Rebel outfit).
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-15-2010 at 12:44 PM.

[QUOTE=GOBB]

The Bandito outfit you need to do a nightjob in Chuparosa (sp?), find a scrap in some gully. Just go to your outfit and place a tracker. It'll show the area you need to search. I could tell you where its at exactly unless you want to search/explore yourself. You gotta capture a Bandito bounty ALIVE (cant kill) for another piece of the scrap. And the last scrap just track. You gotta kill some Banditos attacking mexicans. You track the area, go there and see the red dots. Once completed you'll have the 5th scrap. I cant remember is this was a gang hideout or a random town. Once you complete this you get the Bandito scrap at Chuparosa (sp?) at the General Store.

yeah, this sounds really familiar. I know it wasn't that hard because I wasn't even necessarily going for it to hard. Just doing stuff and then realizing I have like 3 or 4 out of the 5 done and then just go finish the final step or two. That's how I ended up with it. Not to shabby.
    Where do you see bears and beavers mostly??
    I have seen 1 bear run by me and that was it. I thought I shot it 2 or 3 times but then it was gone. I know I didn't kill it and I don't remember where I was.
    It musta been Mexico?? (5 or 6 days ago)
    still trying for a ringer in horseshoes. I have came very close so many times with leaners and everything

That's weird that you have it then, because if you're at the same mission I am, it would seem you still have missions left in Mexico, so you shouldn't have been able to buy the scrap in Escalara.

Maybe I still have Luisa missions that you finished before I did. Who knows.
    yeah that is weird. I also thought that my Luisa missions were done too. Because I dropped her off with her dude to float away on raft, but when I finished that mission last night with Reyes saving me from DeSanta, then there was more Reyes to do and I also saw Luisas 'L' on the map.
    so I'm not sure how it works . . this game is still just tooo much fun tho . ...

You can find Bears mostly during the day (rarely at night). From Bearclaw Camp (broken down cabins), Tanner Reach (between bearclaw camp and Tall Trees) to Tall Trees. Just target that area and roam it on horseback. you'll eventually see one either chasing someone, stalking somone or roaming around. Be mindful when you attack it? Chances are one or two is soon to follow. You'll se on your map its a decent size area to cover. But during the daytime where its sun out? They'll be there.

Beavers I found in the same areas. Mostly before you hit Tall Trees. Bearclaw Camp is a small area but past it its alot of open space. Try roaming towards the river. I wouldnt go down to the river but there are rocks or like slopes that will take you down to the river. I dont go down it, just stay ontop and search under trees. Usually they hang there. If you see one, look around because they scatter. Another area is if you click on your map you'll see Nekoti Rock just above tall trees. Ok to the right? You'll see a river and it extends towards the Great Plains. Along that river bank (mostly towards the Great Plains) is where they are as well. Again you'll see trees so just check them out. I found Beavers during the nightime. Some during the day but I killed majority at night.

So depends which area you want to search. The one near Great Plains you're likely to get attacked by cougars. The one near Bearclaw Camp/Tanners Reach you'll likely to get attacked by boars/wolves.

So Bears during day. Beavers at night. Neither are in Mexico. Altho if you kill and skin these things and sell them down Mexico? You get double the price than if you sold it in the States.

thanks GOBB
    I will check it out

yeah that is weird. I also thought that my Luisa missions were done too. Because I dropped her off with her dude to float away on raft, but when I finished that mission last night with Reyes saving me from DeSanta, then there was more Reyes to do and I also saw Luisas 'L' on the map.
    so I'm not sure how it works . . this game is still just tooo much fun tho . ...
    3 Reyes missions and 4 Luisa missions. One of Reyes missions opens up Blackwater and one is the final mission in Mexico.
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-15-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    3 Reyes missions and 4 Luisa missions. One of Reyes missions opens up Blackwater and one is the final mission in Mexico.
    ah, I must have just one more with her left.
    I have done (I'm pretty sure) just 1 with Reyes.
    so I have the final in Mexico and the beginning of Blackwater. I'm looking forward to those missions. sounds fun.

(Reyes: "lets start a revolution! viva Mexico!"

there is snow in Blackwater??

ah, I must have just one more with her left.
    I have done (I'm pretty sure) just 1 with Reyes.
    so I have the final in Mexico and the beginning of Blackwater. I'm looking forward to those missions. sounds fun.

(Reyes: "lets start a revolution! viva Mexico!"

there is snow in Blackwater??
    Yes there is snow in Blackwater but only in the mountains. Blackwater itself doesnt get snow but the further West you travel (specifically the areas I mentioned where you hunt for Bears) it snows.

You still got a ways to go. You're gonna have some fun. It'll get intense. Let me know your feelings/reaction after you finish that area.

Check out white text. I'm not spoiling anything but just in case folks havent got to this point dont wanna read anything.

[COLOR="White"]Reyes you got Train Robbery, attacking El Presidio which is the place you rescued Reyes at when he almost was executed. This missions opens up Blackwater. The last/3rd Reyes mission is the final mission in mexico at Escalera.

Luisa you helped her sister to the river, you rescued Reyes at El Presido and took him to Luisa at the river with the raft, you blew up a Mexican army convoy and last captured DeSanta[/COLOR]

Cool, I had no idea what the tracking outfits did, I thought it just gave you a reminder or something. I never turned it on.

Thanks Gobb, I'll give it a try.