Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2k11: Jordan Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by m y t i n
    Hey does anyone have any tips for the shootout? I swear to god, Wilkins drives and dunks it every f*kn time he gets it. I tried double teaming but it never works, my teammates are as dumb as rocks.

Go to coaching settings and double team him and put Scottie as the preferred defender....help off of him with the PG as it is hard for Spud to get off good jumpshots....or use Jordan to double team.

Get a big lead and then double double double....then stall by doing a lot of Jordan isos at the top of the key.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    I followed your tips and on my 1st try, I got it finished right away. Got MJ shooting on 71%. After I scored 55 points I stopped shooting and just protected my 10+ points lead. Thanks you.

I have 3 more challenges left.

I'm worried about the one with 9 rebounds and the other one with 4 steals. Damn
    Glad it worked well. ^_^

For the rebounds, if you haven't done that one yet, switch Jordan to PF or center, then use the player at whatever position you didn't set Jordan as to box out players so the computer can grab the boards as Jordan. You could also try to force the issue and control Jordan, but you're gonna get frustrated at how your teammates rip boards away from him. You'll have to really get in position and jump to grab like 18-20 boards since your teammates are going to steal at least half of them away.

As for the Steals, I'm not sure the best way to go about that. Stockton always has the ball and has good handles and good passing, so you could try double teaming him to get the ball out of his hands to a crappy ball handler THEN go for steals. Which could work. I had a hard time with that one and just forced some steals (got like 4 reach in fouls and 2 steals trying it), and got 2 more with pass interceptions.

Another thing you could do is something my brother told me he did to pass it when he was playing. He changed the settings somehow to make it easier. He set it to Rookie, and game style to Casual, and said watch, and he got like 4 steals in the 1st quarter, and kept jacking up threes abd banging them with Jordan. Seems kind of a cheap way to pass the challenge, but I guess if it's giving you trouble and you just want it complete you could do that. At least to get the steals and put it back to normal settings. Don't be too cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by m y t i n
    Hey does anyone have any tips for the shootout? I swear to god, Wilkins drives and dunks it every f*kn time he gets it. I tried double teaming but it never works, my teammates are as dumb as rocks.
    Another trick is to not run a face paced offense. Slow down the game as much as you can. Let your ball handler hold the ball at the top of the key and don't try to score until there's 10-12 seconds left on the shot clock. That will lower the chances Wilkins gets to score. :)

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot when I have the time to play

As a rookie with NBA games (the only one I've played is Live 06 for PSP and its total arcade play), I'm getting killed in the Jordan Challenges, even on the easiest setting. This thread has been helpful though, thanks for the pointers, its a steep learning curve for a guy who is used to being able to drive past anyone or make any bucket he tosses up. My last shot at The Arrival netted me 61 points and 6 assists at 55% fg, dammit! Getting better though and getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Glad it worked well. ^_^

For the rebounds, if you haven't done that one yet, switch Jordan to PF or center, then use the player at whatever position you didn't set Jordan as to box out players so the computer can grab the boards as Jordan. You could also try to force the issue and control Jordan, but you're gonna get frustrated at how your teammates rip boards away from him. You'll have to really get in position and jump to grab like 18-20 boards since your teammates are going to steal at least half of them away.

As for the Steals, I'm not sure the best way to go about that. Stockton always has the ball and has good handles and good passing, so you could try double teaming him to get the ball out of his hands to a crappy ball handler THEN go for steals. Which could work. I had a hard time with that one and just forced some steals (got like 4 reach in fouls and 2 steals trying it), and got 2 more with pass interceptions.

Another thing you could do is something my brother told me he did to pass it when he was playing. He changed the settings somehow to make it easier. He set it to Rookie, and game style to Casual, and said watch, and he got like 4 steals in the 1st quarter, and kept jacking up threes abd banging them with Jordan. Seems kind of a cheap way to pass the challenge, but I guess if it's giving you trouble and you just want it complete you could do that. At least to get the steals and put it back to normal settings. Don't be too cheap.

I already finished the 9 rebounds challenge. I only have 2 more left. The Lakers series and the Last Dance.

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try it later. I also have some technique that I have in my mind and will try it also. As for adjusting the setting to rookie, I think I will not do that. It's like cheating to yourself lol.

Thanks again.

just got around to playing the jordan challenge yesterday, beat the Arrival Challenge with 64 points and 8 assists on 28/39 shooting on All-Star. A lot of dunks and layups

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Yeah :P I've done a couple games with him already. Basically he's like a super My Player, starts at 79 overall, and you get 10 drills instead of 6 to start. After doing all 10 drills for Shooting, I put the rest of his points into stuff like Passing (bumped that up to 80), some into Consistency, some in Free Throw, and a little in defense, to make him 82 overall.

Though while playing him with lower-than-usual stats, I'm starting to think I should've probably put a little more in consistency since he starts low there, rather than nearly maxed out like he usually is.

But yeah, it's fun. I drafted him to the current Bulls, and you can only control him while playing each game. Right now I'm averaging 38.5 PPG on about 54%, with 6.5 APG, 3 RPG, 1 SPG, 1 TO/PG, and a Teammate Rating average of A. ^_^ Just 2 games though.

It's kinda weird 'cause I got played for the first 12 minutes of the game then taken out for 7 minutes, only to play the last 5 mins of the half where you get to rest before 3rd quarter anyway. :\ Seemed kinda weird, but so far it's pretty fun. You can also equip any of those special Jordan shoes you earn throughout the game on him to give him little boosts.
    Can you play pickup games with him?

When I heard that you could have him in the mode I got a vision of a pickup game with like 5 Jordans.

I just finish the MJ challenge! Wohho!

He's going to the Thunder!

Westbrook + MJ + Durant

NBA rookie of the year

Is there a specific challenge to unlock the Air Jordan XI's or does it just happen after a while?

I've done the 63 points vs. Celtics, 69 pts vs. Cavs, and have played 2 games into the '91 Finals so far.

I've had 9 of 10 done for a few days now. I just need to do the "Last dance" against Utah. Should be easy.

The hardest one was the 9 rebounds one against the sonics.

I got to 8 early in the 3rd. Tried moving Jordan to center and putting in the bench. Didn't work. Put in the regular line up in the 4th and got the 9th rebound.

So lucky.

Also to hold Drexler and Wilkins under the point limit, just set high pressure, deny the ball in defensive settings. Turn up defensive pressure, and double with Jordan or Pippen. Let anyone shoot but Wilkins. All you have to do is cheese with Jordan and you'll win.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

When they put MJ at the 3 I took my last 3 pointer and he did the shrug

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Am I the only person who can absolutely go off with BJ Armstrong ?

Got my first Jordan Challenge done

Dominique vs Jordan

Jordan 51,6,4,1

Dominique 20pts

College superstar

I have Pippen as my ball handler much of the time, wait for him to get doubled and kick it out to MJ, with one defender on MJ you can blow by your defender and finish above the rim for a dunk. Easy buckets and high FG%!!!

Also has anyone else noticed a glitch that while you can get teams to change their line up from fouls you can't actually get them to foul out. I just done the "last dance" challenge and got Stockton to commit a total of 8 fouls by the 3rd. He was still playing in the 4th quarter though

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

finished the Fathers day yesterday.(9 rebounds)
    did it the first try. Used the tips you guys have been talking about.
    MJ at Center and then when a shot goes up change to the dude(s) near the basket and move away if possible and A.I. Jordan snatches the rebound.

Then I thought I was bad ass and tried the flu and I couldn't even get one rebound. It wasn't working. I guess I'll have to try again ...

only 2 left.. 7 rebounds and 4 steals..
    the bottom two. .