Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dexter season 8

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Dexter season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    I used to look forward to watching this on Sunday nights. Now I'm at the point where I don't even think about the new episodes until several days after they originally aired.

The series finale is on Sep 22 and will go head-to-head with Breaking Bad's "52". You know, the episode where Walt comes back to Albuquerque with the M-60 in the trunk.

Plus, Bears vs Steelers on SNF.

Jesus!!

There's that many more episodes left?!?!
    I even seem to still enjoy it more than most but it's really beginning to drag. They need to tie whatever bow on it they plan to and be done.

Damn this show took a dive.....

seems like they are just phoning it in at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Damn this show took a dive.....

seems like they are just phoning it in at this point.
    I should have done the same. Not only did the show dived, it splattered. Besides Deb's ending, which I was really sad about, the rest was completely horseshit.

Based on the first season, never would I thought this show will end this way. But the good news is that it's final over.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    I should have done the same. Not only did the show dived, it splattered. Besides Deb's ending, which I was really sad about, the rest was completely horseshit.

Based on the first season, never would I thought this show will end this way. But the good news is that it's final over.

That wasn't very good. Lumberjack Dexter was terrible. I wasn't gonna like the Dexter & Hannah vanish to South America. But somehow they managed to find something I disliked more.

Facts Are Misleading

The thing I am more upset about than anything is the type of potential a series like this had for a final season and especially final episode when you thought about it around season 3 or 4. To compare, it had Shaq type potential IMO....but ended up being Kwame Brown.

I enjoyed the ride though. One of my favorite shows, but mostly for what it brought in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    That wasn't very good. Lumberjack Dexter was terrible. I wasn't gonna like the Dexter & Hannah vanish to South America. But somehow they managed to find something I disliked more.
    I wrote this in another thread:

The show should have at least ended with Dexter dying in the ocean with Deb. Then, a few years down the line when Harrison becomes a teenager, he (Harrison) is hanging around in the forest, mutilating an small animal. He is fascinated by the blood, and then looks at the camera with a Dexter like smile. Cue the credits.

I would have accepted that instead of the bullshit we got.

**** me, that was pretty bad.

Pretty bad? You're being too kind. I'm still lost at how terrible this show ended. Who wrote this DonDadda?

Series should have ended with the Trinity killer. Rita death, deb finding out who Dexter was and an ending is what should have took place. After that season this show has been so spotty. This season was a joke and the ending wow.

How did he survive driving into the storm? Swam back? Never mind don't even attempt to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Pretty bad? You're being too kind. I'm still lost at how terrible this show ended. Who wrote this DonDadda?

Series should have ended with the Trinity killer. Rita death, deb finding out who Dexter was and an ending is what should have took place. After that season this show has been so spotty. This season was a joke and the ending wow.

How did he survive driving into the storm? Swam back? Never mind don't even attempt to explain.

I agree. The Trinity Killer season was so good. And it followed a couple lesser seasons in my mind. It was like the perfect bounce back.

One of the issues to me was that each season had it's moments, that made it just good enough to not give up. For me this season was those first few weeks when Deb was breaking down. She was great.

I was fully expecting Dex, Hannah, and the kid to run off to Brazil. Deb dieing was sort of their stab at shock value, but it didn't help anything. I don't think Dex needed to die for it to work. I was sort of hoping for a Dex and Hannah realize they can't control their urges, and decide to go, but have to leave the kid with Deb thing. Or maybe have Deb have the chance to arrest Vogel, but instead she kills him out of rage, and after Dex takes off, have her realize she's got the drive in her too. Imply that maybe Harry had something off kilter in him, and that he somehow subconciously nurtured it down to them over the years, just more overtly to Dex. That would've tied Harry into the ending too. Something. Almost anything would've been better than what we got.

It's still better than Ray Donovan.

Btw, I don't think you guys know, but the lead writer left the show after Season 4. Tells us a lot of how things fell apart fast...

I don't know which finale was worse between this and the Newsroom season 2 ending. I would still go with Newsroom but Dexter tried pretty hard to beat it.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Just watched the final episode and I have to say.. F*ck this show.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Did you choose what city your going to in the States yet?
    Yeah man, it's pretty much decided we're going to New York and Washington, just waiting for a good moment to buy cheap tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    I'm assuming D.C.? Because you will have a blast sight seeing and shit.

Prepair to be overwhelmed on what to do in N.Y.C. also, their hotel rooms are probably smaller than the bed you sleep on right now haha.
    Yeah D.C., I've looked into quite a lot of things already and I'm really excited finally go to the states

Another thing that is overwhelming me is the prices of those hotelrooms, if you want to sleep anywhere near the centre it's pretty damn expensive. Thankfully this trip is a gift from my mother but it's still pretty shocking to see how expensive it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    Btw, I don't think you guys know, but the lead writer left the show after Season 4. Tells us a lot of how things fell apart fast...
    Read an interesting article the other day of an interview of the original guy from the first 4 seasons and what he would have proposed as the ending.

It was something like Dexter being on the verge of getting caught, and before everything to come to a head, the scene would cut to Dexter waking up.

Basically the audicence would think the whole show was a dream.

Then the table would zoom out and it would be Dexter laying on the executioner table, and the show was actually his whole life flashing before his eyes.

http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/c...end-the-series