Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Default Life, thoughts, and the infamous black box.

Tears of joy. Tears of pain. An old man dies at the exact same time a child is born. Where there is death, there is life. The cycle continues. You rinse, you repeat. We keep on truckin' in this paradox we call life.

Enigmatic is the word that comes to mind. Life. The greatest gift, yet at times it can torture you like there's no tomorrow. Maybe this world be better off if there was no tomorrow? No, just keep your cool and everything will be fine. That's my motto.

Deep inside each and every one of us, there's a little black box that is stored where we mentally store files we do not want to think of, or pay attention to. A special place where we shun the things we care not to think of. Brush your shoulders off, put it in the black box. You know, like when you were a kid, your parents had the silly mini van, they dropped you off at school, you were embarrassed as hell, quickly getting out and running into the school building as quickly as possible.

In this black box we store painful memories. Like that time you crapped on yourself in kindergarten or when your high school sweetheart broke up with you b/c she found a more studly freshman in college. Your soul was raped, you wanted to die. You wanted to kill. Finally, after the dust settled, and your mind cleared things started to fall into place. Always remember this logic "everything happens for a reason" - it may not make 100% sense now, but in time it will come full circle. Be patient.

We all have secrets. No one is perfect. Unfortunately, we have no Recycle Bin in the mind, memories may be faded, but they're never completely forgotten or deleted. Maybe this is a good thing? Maybe this is a critical key that makes us who we are today.

One thing is for certain, life is grand, but life is also painful. Everyone has a black box. Mine is quite full. I sometimes dig through it to remissness, because when you look at your mistakes and faults in life, it can help you better prepare and enhance your future.

So, share with us, what's in your little black box?
Pain of Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
halffttime
shorty doowop

Default Re: Life, thoughts, and the infamous black box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
Tears of joy. Tears of pain. An old man dies at the exact same time a child is born. Where there is death, there is life. The cycle continues. You rinse, you repeat. We keep on truckin' in this paradox we call life.

Enigmatic is the word that comes to mind. Life. The greatest gift, yet at times it can torture you like there's no tomorrow. Maybe this world be better off if there was no tomorrow? No, just keep your cool and everything will be fine. That's my motto.

Deep inside each and every one of us, there's a little black box that is stored where we mentally store files we do not want to think of, or pay attention to. A special place where we shun the things we care not to think of. Brush your shoulders off, put it in the black box. You know, like when you were a kid, your parents had the silly mini van, they dropped you off at school, you were embarrassed as hell, quickly getting out and running into the school building as quickly as possible.

In this black box we store painful memories. Like that time you crapped on yourself in kindergarten or when your high school sweetheart broke up with you b/c she found a more studly freshman in college. Your soul was raped, you wanted to die. You wanted to kill. Finally, after the dust settled, and your mind cleared things started to fall into place. Always remember this logic "everything happens for a reason" - it may not make 100% sense now, but in time it will come full circle. Be patient.

We all have secrets. No one is perfect. Unfortunately, we have no Recycle Bin in the mind, memories may be faded, but they're never completely forgotten or deleted. Maybe this is a good thing? Maybe this is a critical key that makes us who we are today.

One thing is for certain, life is grand, but life is also painful. Everyone has a black box. Mine is quite full. I sometimes dig through it to remissness, because when you look at your mistakes and faults in life, it can help you better prepare and enhance your future.

i beg to differ
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
triangleoffense
Fire Byron

this is pretty gay, people have too much free time
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
this is pretty gay, people have too much free time

Your mind is quite limited I see. You mention the word "gay" - and honest to God, it would not shock me if YOU were IN FACT somewhere deep inside TRULY gay.

You say this is too much "free time" I say there's no such concept. Nothing in life is free, especially time. Jesus Christ, what a paradox statement that is. Imagine if we could actually "buy" time.

My time here on this planet is of most useful. You are coming across here as very inept (I guess that's the word I'm looking for?).
Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
and the infamous black box.

WHaTS IN THE BOX?!?!
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:

Well said. I dont understand how you guys post so well. There are a lot of things in my black box. But they arent notable. Also, there are some regrets that turn into positives.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uMad?
Old 07-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Well said. I dont understand how you guys post so well. There are a lot of things in my black box. But they arent notable. Also, there are some regrets that turn into positives.

What do you mean by posts so well?
Old 07-26-2009, 01:25 AM   #9
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

..all this, posted on a basketball forum.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #10
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
..all this, posted on a basketball forum.

Maybe you didn't get the memo? The OTC is far beyond a mere basketball forum. It's RL, son.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #11
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

just seems like a lot of unnecessary work to write all that in a thread that'll eventually require you to bump it to get a couple reads.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #12
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
just seems like a lot of unnecessary work to write all that in a thread that'll eventually require you to bump it to get a couple reads.

I wonder if you could even muster enough thought to create a thread / post as such? You do realize if taken in a seriously sense, this type of thread could have evolved into a rather intelligent discussion? That was honestly the heart and soul of this thread, and not your typical tomfoolery me.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #13
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
I wonder if you could even muster enough thought to create a thread / post as such? You do realize if taken in a seriously sense, this type of thread could have evolved into a rather intelligent discussion? That was honestly the heart and soul of this thread, and not your typical tomfoolery me.

most likely i would be able to. the idea of a philosophical conversation over a basketball forum isn't particularly enthralling on a saturday night. plus, had the thread stayed on topic, everything we would be talking about would be beating a dead horse. calm down socrates. just last week you made a parody of a rap song littered with the smiley and now you're intellectually exhilarated. and why're you trying to learn so much personal information about all of us? "what skeletons are in your family's closet?" "what's in your little black box?" stop.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #14
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

On a more serious note, if i had to put an experience in my "black box" it would be joining my schools soccer team in 7th grade. I was never somebody who played sports. I didn't like too, it wasn't fun for me, i just liked joking around with my friends and shyt. But my dad told me I had to pick a sport to play (gave me that BS like itll help get into college etc..) so I signed up for the soccer team. I was a really emotional kid as well.

I blow dick at soccer. I was far and away the worst player on the team. But we were a good team (went undefeated), full of competitive good soccer players. I was pretty much the joke of the team. kids would talk shyt about me while i was right next to me, make me cry. even the coach who was the father of a player would join in making fun of me. one time they argued over which team got me saying stuff like "that ok, you take him" and "you guys could use a star on your team". I just sat down that day and cried next to the coach. he didn't even try to comfort me. Eventually they changed the practice/game schedule and told everyone but me, but my dad called and found it out.

Earlier this year i punched one of them in face. felt great. they all still think they're the shyt. they're good at soccer but im ripped and good looking, who's got the real prize? me.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:17 AM   #15
halffttime
shorty doowop

bump..

OP, do you really believe that things happen for a reason?
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: