Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Is Blake Griffin Really that good?

If Paul is hurting Griffin's development then Blake Griffin is hurting Blake Griffin's development.

This is ridiculous.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    If Paul is hurting Griffin's development then Blake Griffin is hurting Blake Griffin's development.

This is ridiculous.
    You think CP3 is utilizing Griffin well? I think he's proven he'd rather kick out to Butler or Crawford for ISO's and pass to DJ in the paint than feed Griffin.

He's a good offensive player, who could become a great offensive player. I'm not sure his defense will ever be legit though. His 20/10 nights are never going to translate like a Duncan or KG 20/10 night.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You think CP3 is utilizing Griffin well? I think he's proven he'd rather kick out to Butler or Crawford for ISO's and pass to DJ in the paint than feed Griffin.

You could argue that Paul should focus more on Griffin, but I can't see how Griffin's development is being impeded or or slowed down.

Griffin can get his own shot. He doesn't need Paul to feed him. The Clippers offense isn't even existent, as a system. The only thing they do well is that the big men are great off the ball and running the floor. And Paul finds Griffin plenty there.

Now, we could argue about Caron Butler, because I think he's useless on this team. He just wants ISO all day long and his jumpshot isn't good enough for the game he's trying to play. But I can't say that Paul is holding Griffin back. Blake has got to take it himself.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Paul hits Blake in rhythm plenty of times every single game, Blake just stutters/half dribbles, takes a step then the moment is past. Blake is a big man, and the NBA is built on pick and roll, its time he learnt it.

DJ and Blake are force fed for the opening minutes of every single game until Paul gets over seeing DJ dribble off his feet and pull off some awful looking post moves or Blake just burrows his head into stuff.

Problem with Blake is there isnt enough value in getting him heaps of touches. On his post ups he gets in trouble (4 turnovers/game) OR he gets fouled and blows the freebies.

I'm sorry but if you're not passing it to Caron and Jamal right now you're retarded, those two are going off.

Yeah Paul is passive, get over it.... he's been that way since day 1. Gets everyone else involved before himself and still gets close to 20 and 10.

Take it from a guy that has watched every hornets game of CP3's Hornets career. You cry now, but theres a reason why the clippers come back EVERY single game, the same thing happened at NO. Soon as Paul decides its time... Unfortunately he has learnt the hard way, a 6" pg in this league isnt going to win a ring solo. Time for the other guys to step up. Super Blake is currently being outplayed by two guys over 30.

Blake Griffin averaged 29 points on 60% in 2012 playoffs when Paul wasn't on the court and this year 32 points on 100% shooting.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Chris-Paul-vs-Blake-Griffin|101108,201933;year=201213;season=r

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Blake Griffin averaged 29 points on 60% in 2012 playoffs when Paul wasn't on the court and this year 32 points on 100% shooting.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Chris-Paul-vs-Blake-Griffin|101108,201933;year=201213;season=r
    9 minutes total and 44 minutes total isnt really an impressive sample size.

On the other hand.. check out the two entire regular seasons prior for a sample size. Blake barely changes... while CP3 takes the hit.

Holy hell, cp86 is actually dissing motherfu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king Chris Paul. Is this guy for real ?

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Holy hell, cp86 is actually dissing motherfu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king Chris Paul. Is this guy for real ?
    Exactly. It's clear where his allegiances lie

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

The thing he's good at is finishing off good passes, alley oops, etc. I think it's actually better for him to stick to screening and dunking. He can iso against bad defenders but he's not reliable. The thing that would really make him better is if he developed a reliable mid-range jumper. I saw he changed his form this year but he still looks pretty bad.

He's playing hurt:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/gri...t-playing.html

Nonetheless, he did get overrated due to his dunking etc.

He's a very good player but not a great player.

He might be able to get to great if he refines his face-up game but he needs some work.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Exactly. It's clear where his allegiances lie
    My allegiance lies to the team and what's best for the team. I've ripped Blake too. Bottom line is as the floor general and Clippers best player CP3 takes a large part of this blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    My allegiance lies to the team and what's best for the team. I've ripped Blake too. Bottom line is as the floor general and Clippers best player CP3 takes a large part of this blame.
    How come that team on paper is so dominant but isn't getting it done so far this season? I was actually pleasantly surprised by Deandre and Blake's moves in the post last game against the Cavs (ambidextrous hook shot anyone!?) - with those kind of weapons in the front court and CP3's backcourt + that teams 6th man... I mean damn, lots of potential but they don't even seem to be trying to gel wtf is wrong with them right now? A loss isn't a big deal but I just didn't see any effort, only frustration and disinterest. Maybe some internal lockerroom issues a-la Kobe/Shaq feud? I heard Blake does not like Cp3's playing style

I rule the local playground

Guy is one of the most overrated players at the moment. He is a top 20-25 player at best. His game is all flash and no substance. He freezes out like what Lebron used to do at the end of games because he has no go to move and his ft shooting is ass. And lol @ the notion that CP3 has to adjust to him. He's just a poor man's shawn kemp right now.