Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    I would definitely say that is an improvement. I like the strategy for going for experience off the bench. I have absolutely no experience on my team. We are a group of young shooters and defensive minded rebounders. Thats all. Experience is something I may look for though because I have Pryzbilla( A+ rebounder) but no solid back up center who can rebound that good. May look to add another A- or better rebounded who doesnt have to be a big scorer (Reggie Evans comes to mind) Should be a favorable contract and I will use my draft pick to draft a rebounder too.

Really loving working with this team. 2K11 association mode is seriously the best game mode on the game IMO.
    Joel Anthony's another you could look at, pretty sure he's one of the best shot blockers in the game at the moment, could probably pick him up cheap.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Joel Anthony's another you could look at, pretty sure he's one of the best shot blockers in the game at the moment, could probably pick him up cheap.
    Very true. I have cap space to make things happen too. I might go all out for him and Reggie Evans to get 4 solid bigs that can rebound great because with a team that fires away from beyond the arc, we're going to need some bigs that can grab some boards if we miss. Moves will be made soon and I'll keep you guys posted as they happen

Banned

Thats cool. I love players that don't have to score to contribute. I had to part ways with Diop in a deal for Serge Ibaka I believe. Him and Tyrus Thomas got shipped out with a pick. This was a good deal, but hearing about this franchise makes me miss the true Bobcats I've let go haha. I however replaced Diop's role with Soloman Alabi, a former FSU standout who has a true upside. He is very physical and able to grab some rebounds. Scoring is tough sometimes, but Curry can get him going by cutting to the rim and dishing it off to him. The center usually gets several good looks per quarter in my offense. Curry's leading the league in assists by dropping it to the bigs and kicking it out to Korver, Boobie Gibson, and Henderson( mid-range) Got to play this game more. Hadn't played a game in days haha
    Yeah I love players like that too. That do small things and play good defense. Omer Asik is a guy that comes to mind. I love his hustle and defense. I don't usually score with Diop because I get so much production with Roy and Aldridge especially off of pick and rolls. Roy is deadly from mid range. Honestly that's how I score most of my points with him.

The only thing I might consider doing is moving either Armon Johnson and/or Diop to get a young backup PF that can guard the rim. Sometimes La can get in real foul trouble and although that usually gives me advantage on offense by sliding Crash down, it can be a liability on defense sometimes. Any suggestions? They need to play a Bench role

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yeah I love players like that too. That do small things and play good defense. Omer Asik is a guy that comes to mind. I love his hustle and defense. I don't usually score with Diop because I get so much production with Roy and Aldridge especially off of pick and rolls. Roy is deadly from mid range. Honestly that's how I score most of my points with him.

The only thing I might consider doing is moving either Armon Johnson and/or Diop to get a young backup PF that can guard the rim. Sometimes La can get in real foul trouble and although that usually gives me advantage on offense by sliding Crash down, it can be a liability on defense sometimes. Any suggestions? They need to play a Bench role
    Reggie Evans? I feel like his rebounding ability and size will fill your needs well, and he won't expect to play anything more then a reserve role so it shouldn't affect morale. I reccomend him, and it may give you a little cap relief too. I know Diop's a little expensive.

Banned

Reggie Evans? I feel like his rebounding ability and size will fill your needs well, and he won't expect to play anything more then a reserve role so it shouldn't affect morale. I reccomend him, and it may give you a little cap relief too. I know Diop's a little expensive.
    OK I'm gonna check him out. And yeah Diop is a little expensive and we don't have any expirers for a while except Oden, who should re-sign with us but he's still not made up his mind yet I mean my starting 5 is pretty much set with

Augustin
    Roy
    Wallace
    Aldridge
    Oden

I just need quality role players mostly at the 4 and 5

Learning to shoot layups

OK I'm gonna check him out. And yeah Diop is a little expensive and we don't have any expirers for a while except Oden, who should re-sign with us but he's still not made up his mind yet I mean my starting 5 is pretty much set with

Augustin
    Roy
    Wallace
    Aldridge
    Oden

I just need quality role players mostly at the 4 and 5
    Not going to lie. You may want to rework your roster to try to get some rookies or youth because you may be able to steal some talent with favorable deals and team options. That will give you some cap space which may allow you to bring in some talent in the free agent signing period. Just a suggestion. My team is built around it. Rookie contracts and team options keep the cap space low and I keep the guys who don't play much to 1 year deals so I can drop them and free up more space in hopes of landing a big FA

Banned

Not going to lie. You may want to rework your roster to try to get some rookies or youth because you may be able to steal some talent with favorable deals and team options. That will give you some cap space which may allow you to bring in some talent in the free agent signing period. Just a suggestion. My team is built around it. Rookie contracts and team options keep the cap space low and I keep the guys who don't play much to 1 year deals so I can drop them and free up more space in hopes of landing a big FA
    Yeah I thought about doing that, but honestly the reason I haven't is because my starters, and my team in general is young with lots of potential. I mean the oldest person in my starting 5 is Wallace and he's only 28 going on 29. Still lots of room. And if need be, I can trade him for a quality 3. I've already gotten lots of offers for him but I wanted to keep him.

But that's an effective and smart way in which you run your association. I might have to start doing that in the future

Learning to shoot layups

Yeah I thought about doing that, but honestly the reason I haven't is because my starters, and my team in general is young with lots of potential. I mean the oldest person in my starting 5 is Wallace and he's only 28 going on 29. Still lots of room. And if need be, I can trade him for a quality 3. I've already gotten lots of offers for him but I wanted to keep him.

But that's an effective and smart way in which you run your association. I might have to start doing that in the future
    I don't blame you for keeping him. It will be tough to replace him with one player who can match him on everything he brings to the table. There are players that are a little better than him on some attributes, but all around he is tough to beat. Plus with your team, you don't want a SF that wants to be the main scoring option or their might be some morale troubles. I feel like he is a perfect match for your group.

What players are on your bench? There may be some relief that you can get if you have some you are willing to let go of. No need to do so if you feel you don't have to and the starting 5 is solid. But the bench may be able to benefit from this method.

Banned

I don't blame you for keeping him. It will be tough to replace him with one player who can match him on everything he brings to the table. There are players that are a little better than him on some attributes, but all around he is tough to beat. Plus with your team, you don't want a SF that wants to be the main scoring option or their might be some morale troubles. I feel like he is a perfect match for your group.

What players are on your bench? There may be some relief that you can get if you have some you are willing to let go of. No need to do so if you feel you don't have to and the starting 5 is solid. But the bench may be able to benefit from this method.
    Yeah he's perfect for what I need. But he got injured in my last game with a broken ankle so he's gonna be out for 6-8 weeks To make matters worse, I started Wesley Matthews in his place then he got injured with a severe ankle sprain so he's out for 2-4 weeks So I'm gonna be starting Luke Babbit for a while.

My bench is like this:

Pattrick Mills/Armon Johnson
    Wesley Matthews/Rudy Fernandez
    Luke Babbit
    Jarron Collins
    DeSagana Diop

Sometimes Fernandez and Johnson get garbage minutes and Fernandez will get a alot more minutes since both Wallace and Matthews will be out.

Learning to shoot layups

Yeah he's perfect for what I need. But he got injured in my last game with a broken ankle so he's gonna be out for 6-8 weeks To make matters worse, I started Wesley Matthews in his place then he got injured with a severe ankle sprain so he's out for 2-4 weeks So I'm gonna be starting Luke Babbit for a while.

My bench is like this:

Pattrick Mills/Armon Johnson
    Wesley Matthews/Rudy Fernandez
    Luke Babbit
    Jarron Collins
    DeSagana Diop

Sometimes Fernandez and Johnson get garbage minutes and Fernandez will get a alot more minutes since both Wallace and Matthews will be out.

I had crap luck today too. Stephen Curry got hurt in the second of a back to back series with the Knicks. He scored 20 points in the first half because I was going all out with him since we came up short in NYC, and the Knicks couldn't stop him. He fell and got injured after his second made shot of the 3rd quarter.

Then Boobie exploded

Boobie Gibson came in off the bench and him and Azubuke were going crazy from behind the arc. Boobie finished with 27 points and 4 assists in one half. We finally edged the Knicks in that game but fell just shy in our first game without him to the Rockets. Boobie and Azubuke/Korver represent a still solid back court in terms of perimeter scoring, but Curry is really missed.

I picked up Joey Dorsey(A- rebounder) for a scrub center( C+ rebounder ) so I feel like I took a step in the right direction. I am still working with the big man rotation but Solomon Alabi has been getting some minutes and has had 3 blocks in both of the last two games so I'm happy. Him and Ibaka swat shots all game long. Currently 13-3 so still looking good.

Tough 1 to 2 weeks coming without Curry tho

Banned

Did you's use the drafts that are downloadable or just a random one? I used to like the realism of the downloadable ones but the problem is you already know around about how good the players are gonna be so i've stuck with random generated ones now.

Anyway doing some scouting on upcoming players i've found a top 5 prospected C who is 7'6" and can supposedly shut down opponents down low and is a beast on the low block so i'm thinking of bringing him on board with my first pick and then packaging kevin love with the Clipper 1st rounder for a decent SF and then moving Cousins to the PF

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Did you's use the drafts that are downloadable or just a random one? I used to like the realism of the downloadable ones but the problem is you already know around about how good the players are gonna be so i've stuck with random generated ones now.

Anyway doing some scouting on upcoming players i've found a top 5 prospected C who is 7'6" and can supposedly shut down opponents down low and is a beast on the low block so i'm thinking of bringing him on board with my first pick and then packaging kevin love with the Clipper 1st rounder for a decent SF and then moving Cousins to the PF
    I usually use downloadable drafts because generated rookies are too highly rated sometimes. I like the realism

Banned

Well with only 9 games left in the season (I'm doing 29 game seasons) we are 0.5 games behind the Spurs and Rockets for 1st place in the Western Conference. I want to at least get the 2 seed because if things stay the way they are now I'll have to play the Lakers in the first round which I do NOT want. The last time we played they beat us decisively. Kobe shot poorly but kept getting to the line. I would rather play the Warriors first.

I think Roy and Aldridge are gonna get snubbed for All Star selections but at least D.J. Augustin looks like he's gonna win MIP

Also, I have a question for PS3 users. Does anyone else have the problem of only being able to save 1 association? Like I can create as many as I want, but when I go to save it, it doesn't have the "Create New Save" option, it only shows the previous save from the last association I was playing. I have a Knicks association but I haven't been playing it because when I go to save, it only shows the save data from my Blazers association (which I'm doing now). It didn't used to do this. Even if I turn autosave on it just overwrites my other association.

Learning to shoot layups

I have an xbox360 so I can't help you there.

Heres an update on my association. I am currently 18-5, one game up on the Celtics for 1st place in the East. we slumped after a strong 11-0 start due to curry getting injured and a pick up in tough back to back gms. we went one and four without curry but the one we won was on the road in new orleans. big win. we then got curry back in time for aminu to get hurt along with ibaka, AGAIN. stef picked up right where he left off and led his team to a five gm win streak before losing a close one to boston. curry was player of the month and has won player of the wk every wk but the one he was hurt in. hes the real deal. i aquired shane battier too for added defensive help and we are now rated number eight in defense. not bad for a young team

i have a question. when i schedule weekly practice my ratings go up and down for some reason. for example i schedule practice focusing on mid long range shooting and currys ratings go down? why is this?

Banned

I have an xbox360 so I can't help you there.

Heres an update on my association. I am currently 18-5, one game up on the Celtics for 1st place in the East. we slumped after a strong 11-0 start due to curry getting injured and a pick up in tough back to back gms. we went one and four without curry but the one we won was on the road in new orleans. big win. we then got curry back in time for aminu to get hurt along with ibaka, AGAIN. stef picked up right where he left off and led his team to a five gm win streak before losing a close one to boston. curry was player of the month and has won player of the wk every wk but the one he was hurt in. hes the real deal. i aquired shane battier too for added defensive help and we are now rated number eight in defense. not bad for a young team

i have a question. when i schedule weekly practice my ratings go up and down for some reason. for example i schedule practice focusing on mid long range shooting and currys ratings go down? why is this?
    Sounds good. Steph is a beast. I've always tried to get him in my associations but i could never get the right pieces to trade for him He's one my favorite players though.

Well, as for me. We finished the season on a 12 game winning streak and our record was 24-5. Good enough for best in the league. It's a good thing we got that 1 seed because we get to play the Thunder in the 1st round instead of the Lakers. Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden all made the All-Star team. Crash didn't make it because he was injured.

As for the season awards, they went like this:

MVP: LaMarcus Aldridge
    ROY: John Wall
    SMOTY: Marcus Thornton
    DPOY: Josh Smith
    MIP: D.J. Augustin
    COTY: Nate McMillan

Yes you read that correctly. My boy La won MVP over LeBron. He averaged 24/9/2 on 58% shooting. And D.J. Augustin won MIP while putting up 14/3/8. Pretty good for a 3rd-4th option that has to share ball handling responsibilities with Brandon Roy.

Now to start the playoffs against the Thunder. Should be a good series. We beat them in our previous matchup

And to answer your question, when you schedule a practice, the stat increase only lasts for a little while. So when you schedule another practice, depending on how much time has passed your players ratings will be up or down. And the higher your team chemistry the more effective practice is
    Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad; 05-12-2011 at 09:29 PM.