Default We will not get....

LeBron...PG....Westbrook.....etc etc. next season.

And it doesn't matter because the Warriors will be winning the next couple titles anyways.

We have a good nucleus of young players who will start peaking in about 2 years or so. I hope the Lakers make more moves for other cheaper talent that will peak around the same time.

That being said.....

Who should we go after?

Default Re: We will not get....

I would still go after PG. He is one guy I think we can get as long as the Thunder don't have a deep playoff run. If Thunder can reach Western Conference finals then he might stay with OKC. Anything less, he is probably leaving OKC.

If Lopez has a successful season then I would try to see if we can keep him at 18m/yr for next 3yrs. He can still be an average 2nd option shifting into a very good 3rd option.

I don't know who I would try to get though.. Maybe trade Clarkson for another younger talent - I don't see Clarkson getting much better than what he already is - perhaps early 2nd round pick if we can

Home of the 16

At PG turning 28 next season, I hope the Lakers does not offer him the max. After listening/reading to what BI has been saying the past couple of weeks, and if in fact it becomes true -- that he shapes up to be a consistent scorer. I truly do hope the Lakers will be more hesitant on signing him as it might be a detriment to BI's development. Though, if PG takes a lesser role, I'm all down for it.

True or false? Luke prefers guards over big men?

Edit: Rodney Hood seems to be in his contract year. I like his game. Can spot up, shot creator but not much of a ball dominant player & explosive. Here's one to hoping he becomes an FA.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 09-30-2017 at 07:01 PM.

NBA lottery pick

KCP is better than Hood and the Lakers already have him. If they can't land any of the big time FA's then they will hold onto him. I think George still has to be interested in LA. Although, him, Russell, and Melo look like they could have a pretty good thing going on now. That may have messed up all of the Lakers plans. To be honest, just sticking with the young guys will not work. I think if you asked a lot of people around the league they would prefer the young talent that a team like Phoenix has to what LA has. It's going to take more than what they currently have just developing. With no lottery pick next year the only way to improve is free agency. We have to hope they can land some proven talent.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    LeBron...PG....Westbrook.....etc etc. next season.

And it doesn't matter because the Warriors will be winning the next couple titles anyways.

We have a good nucleus of young players who will start peaking in about 2 years or so. I hope the Lakers make more moves for other cheaper talent that will peak around the same time.

That being said.....

Who should we go after?
    I don't mind PG, but I prefer Klay Thompson. He won't be a FA until summer of 2019. If he doesn't sign an extension before that, Warriors are committed to pay 83 mil to Steph, Green,Iggi, WITHOUT KD.
    KD might opt out and sign a much higher pay next summer too, so I think it's not far fetched esp when Klay is playing a lesser role.
    He's younger than PG, plays very good defense, close to Luke and dad Mychal but he is such a great shooter who can really space the floor.

NBA lottery pick

Klay mentioned the other day he would take less money to stay. Seems that Steph is the only one without that mind set so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Klay mentioned the other day he would take less money to stay. Seems that Steph is the only one without that mind set so far.
    Klay would have to take a lot less though. I cannot see it happening tbh.

NBA lottery pick

He also did mention he doesn't make near as much off of endorsements as Durant so it's tougher for him. The cap will be higher then too though. Not sure how much that will come into play. I'm sure teams will just offer him the max. Not only because he's a good player but to break that team up!

Home of the 16

But Steph did tell them that he could settle for less than a max.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    But Steph did tell them that he could settle for less than a max.
    Doesn't look like it lol. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-warr...165936380.html

On one hand, it's great Klay wants to be "a part" of a great team but what kind of imprint is he giving this team?
    The best perimeter defender? I think Iggy is it.
    Best shooter? Steph and KD...
    defensive anchor and facilitator? I think that title belongs to Green.
    After winning 3 or 4 rings, don't you want to be "the player" that helped resurrect a team?
    Playing along side Ball I think will not be that bad imo.

NBA lottery pick

IMO, no. He doesn't have that ego. What he is interested in , as most are, is money. If that isn't a factor he will take the championships with the cash.

IMO, no. He doesn't have that ego. What he is interested in , as most are, is money. If that isn't a factor he will take the championships with the cash.
    Money and championship if he can get both ofcourse will prevail. I'm just very intrigued if the GSW owner, after paying a ton of luxury tax money for 2-3yrs, would be willing to pay him more than any other interested teams AFTER he commits money to KD, with 84 Million already in the payroll esp after a leaked news that he was trying to low ball Curry and refused to pay him the max.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 10-08-2017 at 02:18 PM.