Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Question Bucks observations at mid-way point

Bottom line = 1/2 through season and 16 WINS

We can discuss players , coaching , front office why this team is needless to say under .500

My view points :
The inception of Coach K. from the beginning of training camp through the first 10 games as professional athlete's getting ton's of money , telling the fan base that as athlete's they know how to perform and work as a team over that period of time , to find themselves as a team and know Coach K's system.
I held out and let the team mature and then make a discision what was happening at the 25 game mark .
The season looked very promising with a core of Bobby S. coming back from injury, Bogut , Charlie V , Redd , and Mo . Backups Gadz , Bell , Yi , Mason, new role acquisitions Ivey , Ruffin & JAke V. made this team IMO as deep as 8-9 solid players.
From the get - the team showed Defensive proll'es , but it washed away as did their offense. Just a short couple years ago , this team was winning or lossing close games shooting 46% , and I am seeing a team shooting at times (to frequent through out games under 40%. )
This team has offense.
So what does the half way water mark tell me about the team I have followed for 30 years :
They aren't in sink with the coach.
A good example is Mason coming back from N.O. and signing because he not only want to renew his career playing in Milwaukee which he likes , but he likes the players and organization. So obviously it's a team that likes to play with each other , no brawl's in locker rooms , or on the side lines call out players. ** And when Redd was solo'ed out a week or so ago back from injury , don't blame Mike for his offensive shoots , he's been doing this to try to win games , because he never had a supporting cast that would have the balls and take winning shots. (Redd let's hope is going through a growing pain period as MJ did , when he had to pour in hundred's of points because he never had a team around him , until Pippen and Grant showed up)
Mike even said before the season , hopefully he won't have to be the man every game , and he felt the team was the deepest he has had.
So 16 wins -

We have a young core of players , and it isn't a time to trade , trade again.
I think Kohl; had the right idea when Harris's dad was in Milwaukee and convinced Kohl to anti-up for high profile coach George Karl.
I think it's time we need to salvage this season and get into the playoff's as I and the organization and the players thought the BUCKS would do.
It's time to fire the coach and bring in Sir Van Gundy that will teach the players to play defense and start playing above .500 like this team can easily do.

Last edited by Jasper : 01-23-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan

Default Re: Bucks observations at mid-way point

That's hard to read Jasper! Maybe it needs more line breaks or something between paragraphs. I think everyone is to blame. You've got a mix of veterans like Redd and Mason who aren't great players, and a bunch of young developing players. Then you've got a rookie coach who makes rookie mistakes of his own (such as spending training camp on the triangle offense and then deciding to scrap it). You've got a GM about to be fired, who tries to line up trades but has them vetoed by the owner.

I feel like this season is wasted in terms of trying to win games, but at least we get to watch the nice development of Bogut and hopefully the same for Yi soon.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

You would of thought Kohl would of read my thread by now , and did something with this 16 win team ......

Toronto .500 basically - trumples the Bucks .....

WHEN WILL THERE BE CHANGE ??????
Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

All political dialog a side -

The Bucks have roughly 24 home games and 17 away.

Coach K. has challenged his team to win a game for every lost game at home , for the remainder of the season.
http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/Paschketball.html Scroll down to Coach K - video

This would put the team at a 40 win season finish.

1) Do you think the Bucks can live up to this simple challenge ?

2) Knowing the Bucks history , the past few years they have been a horrible away team.... Do you feel Coach K's statement down plays Milwaukee's weaknesses ?
Or do you feel the coach isn't getting enough out of his players to simply play better ?

3) IMO the team hasn't played once again up to their talent level.
Do you feel a role player (energy - type cheerleader) would be a good acquisition ?
Suggestion would be Lakers Turiaf , or some other energy guy .

4) do you think a 40 win season will get the Bucks into the playoffs ?

Last edited by Jasper : 01-29-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #5
gyu
Good college starter

I feel like Yi has regressed so far in the 2nd half of the season and as a result his playing time has been reduced dramatically. I really hope to see him improve!
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:33 AM   #6
Wo1fshadow
Not airballing my layups anymore

Yi's slump is mainly due to the stress, both physically and mentally, of the NBA season, the season's in the CBA aren't as long and stressful, hopefully he'll come back better next year.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
gyu
Good college starter

Yeah I guess so. He's been playing with a injured wrist for awhile now too and didn't take it too seriously until recently, article :
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=726034
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

How bout this observation the Bucks suck!
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: