Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is Stephon Marbury 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Oh, okay.
    I appreciate your attempt to be insightful.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

There literally cant be any comparison drawn between both players as far as to what they bring to a team or to the Knicks specifically unless you're predicting that Carmelo is going to have a mental breakdown due to criticism, quit on the team, and eventually seek refuge China.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    I appreciate your attempt to be insightful.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

There literally cant be any comparison drawn between both players as far as to what they bring to a team or to the Knicks specifically unless you're predicting that Carmelo is going to have a mental breakdown due to criticism, quit on the team, and eventually seek refuge China.
    Nobody cares.

Are we seriously acting like he made a concerted effort to not play ISO ball or be a ball stopper? If the critics, media, sports journalists and even semi-educated fans can see it, why can't Knicks fans?
    Yes, an effort was made because that is what D'Antoni wanted from him to begin the season without a PG on the floor. D'Antoni referred to Melo's role as that of "Larry Bird" and he tweaked the system by swapping places between the PG and the Wing Forward. Melo is a better ballhandler than Toney Douglas & Mike Bibby and that was the reasoning behind it

Melo's not a Point Forward. We learned the hard way.

End of Story.

Thumbs up Re: Carmelo Anthony is Stephon Marbury 2.0

Nobody cares.
    You gave it a good try.

Banned

You gave it a good try.
    Yes, literally everyone on this message board, besides NY fans, as well as revered analysts and impartial sports columnists across the country are all wrong. It must be a conspiracy. Where's Jesse Ventura?

If Carmelo Anthony was on any other team you would be falling in line with the chorus of disapproval this guys shoddy play garners. It's not as if your agenda isn't obvious dude.

Yes, literally everyone on this message board, besides NY fans, as well as revered analysts and impartial sports columnists across the country are all wrong. It must be a conspiracy. Where's Jesse Ventura?

If Carmelo Anthony was on any other team you would be falling in line with the chorus of disapproval this guys shoddy play garners. It's not as if your agenda isn't obvious dude.
    What is my agenda? There isn't any comparison between Carmelo & Marbury.

I firmly believe Carmelo is a #1 option player in the NBA.

There are tweaks that should've been made that acknowledged a capable PG on the floor in Jeremy Lin, but also gave Melo designed plays for him to score the ball or draw a double team. For example, the final 7 minutes of the 4th quarter against your Celtics.

Im done complaining. Its a new day.

Banned

What is my agenda?

Yes, I'm a sane Knicks fan.

Maybe you should trust my judgement a little more.

Yes, I'm a sane Knicks fan.

Maybe you should trust my judgement a little more.
    No you're just an idiot. Stop simulating the Knicks game on NBA2K and correlating your judgment based on that; anyone with any basketball common sense will see the lack of team cohesion in the Nuggets, Knicks, and even the Olympic basketball teams. The fact that all three teams function better and has by far a better record proves beyond a shadow of doubt Carmelo is not a winner.

I mean, seriously how the f*ck can you justify the guy is a winner when he has a below .300 winning pct. on the Knicks this year and the Nuggets has won MORE games without him in the lineup since the trade?

I mean what measurement are you basing this on? Winner of lottery picks? That seems like the only thing Carmelo is helping teams "win."

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

CBA has turned Marbury into a team player and leader. Welcome to CBA, melo!

Learning to shoot layups nzamcdza's Avatar

Melo is way more talented that Marybury ever was.

He still hasn't settled in NYC but if he can be fitted into the right team he is one of the leagues elite scorers.

Quote Originally Posted by nzamcdza
    Melo is way more talented that Marybury ever was.

He still hasn't settled in NYC but if he can be fitted into the right team he is one of the leagues elite scorers.
    I swear ISH posters have the reading comprehension of little homeless children in 3rd world countries.

The article made this point:

1. Like Stephon, Melo does not add value to team chemistry.

2. Because of this, the team is not better because of him.

The article then goes on to talk about the winning without Melo in the line up. Did it try to say he was less talented than Marbury? No. Did it talk about scoring? No. All-star appearances? No. Then why the f*ck are you guys twisting it to something else other than what it is?

Unless you can argue Melo does bring team cohesion and is the MAIN reason the Knicks are winning, then stfu, you're just nagging like a bunch of whiney girls and not even talking about the same thing.

lol this guy

One name for you pal, Zach Randolph, went from Joke to All-Star by only changing the uniform, same production, same numbers.

Revered analysts
    Impartial sports columnists

and lol at iamf@ggott24 calling somebody else a idiot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    lol this guy

One name for you pal, Zach Randolph, went from Joke to All-Star by only changing the uniform, same production, same numbers.

Revered analysts
    Impartial sports columnists

and lol at iamf@ggott24 calling somebody else a idiot
    Riveting insight as always.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    No you're just an idiot. Stop simulating the Knicks game on NBA2K and correlating your judgment based on that; anyone with any basketball common sense will see the lack of team cohesion in the Nuggets, Knicks, and even the Olympic basketball teams. The fact that all three teams function better and has by far a better record proves beyond a shadow of doubt Carmelo is not a winner.
    Incredible reach.

I mean, seriously how the f*ck can you justify the guy is a winner when he has a below .300 winning pct. on the Knicks this year and the Nuggets has won MORE games without him in the lineup since the trade?
    - The Nuggets are no more successful now than they were with Melo. Record doesn't lie. Still a 5-7 seed team, its not like the Melo trade made them a Championship contender unless we're arguing that the West is more open now than it once was.

- A below .300 winnining pct? I'd suggest you not log into ISH during your math class.

I mean what measurement are you basing this on? Winner of lottery picks? That seems like the only thing Carmelo is helping teams "win."
    Obviously I'm arguing with a troll considering its a well known fact no Melo-led team has ever been to the Lottery. The Knicks acquired Melo because they wanted to add pieces around Amare to make the Knicks competitive with Miami, but that hinged on acquiring CP3. We need him to serve as a "closer" for us by keeping us in games in the 4th quarter, outside of that we need a better effort from Amare to show more on offense than shooting jumpers. There is nothing about Melo's background that is conductive with being a "loser" which is why acquiring him as a Free Agent or via trade made the most sense for us.