Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Portland Offers Roy Hibbert Max Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Embarrassing because he was as weak as a fish and is a pathetic rebounder for his size. You realize at Georgetown the dude was known for his variety of post moves and killer hook shot right? Excellent touch at the rim? Good passer and solid jumper. You'll find that on scouting reports on Draftexpress as well as DraftNet too.

He was FAR from a "raw" prospect as most bigs from Georgetown rarely are.

13.5 mill a year is about right in the way of the recent trend of overpaying centers but he's worth 10-11 tops as Quizno said already.
    And the report's wrong. I've seen every single game of the dude's NBA career. Have fun going through a bunch of DX profiles and prove how perfect they are. I watched the dude lumber up and down the floor after 5 minutes, watched him hang his arms over the top of every driving player on d, watched him bumble entry pass after entry pass. Draining baby hooks over 6'8 Big East centers isn't the same thing as playing in the NBA.

Look, you'll go round and round with no evidence to back up any of your points but your ignorant opinion and base PPG/RPG numbers because you can't admit you're wrong. I don't care to do that. I've seen literally every single game of this dude's pro career and watched him evolve from a stumbling bumbling nothing to an above average rebounder (that's right, check his rebound rate) that's become more efficient on a lower assist rate (meaning he can get the ball and make his own shot instead of just catching a dumpoff) and doing it all with completely inept guard passing.

If you want to continue being a moron about actual basketball then feel free.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Love this move. If we get Hibbert it's a sweet move for Portland. If not we just screwed Indiana over hard.

Portland screwed Utah over before, now we're doing it again to another team.
    Tried to screw them over for Millsap but after the initially front loaded payment he's been a bargain. Jazz should have matched Matthews too.

Local High School Star

Lillard, Batum, Aldridge an Hibbert very good core.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    And the report's wrong. I've seen every single game of the dude's NBA career. Have fun going through a bunch of DX profiles and prove how perfect they are. I watched the dude lumber up and down the floor after 5 minutes, watched him hang his arms over the top of every driving player on d, watched him bumble entry pass after entry pass. Draining baby hooks over 6'8 Big East centers isn't the same thing as playing in the NBA.

Look, you'll go round and round with no evidence to back up any of your points but your ignorant opinion and base PPG/RPG numbers because you can't admit you're wrong. I don't care to do that. I've seen literally every single game of this dude's pro career and watched him evolve from a stumbling bumbling nothing to an above average rebounder (that's right, check his rebound rate) that's become more efficient on a lower assist rate (meaning he can get the ball and make his own shot instead of just catching a dumpoff) and doing it all with completely inept guard passing.

If you want to continue being a moron about actual basketball then feel free.
    I'm well aware of the fact that if I need a detailed report on his game you'd be more qualified since you're a fan of the team. Bottom line though is he's not producing at an all star level, nor was he ever raw like let's say a DeAndre Jordan or Blake Griffin. In comparison to most centers the guy has always had a soft touch in the paint and a variety of moves. I'm not saying he hasn't improved, just saying you're exaggerating his improvements to justify what you know is a bad contract.

I can't remember ever before a 13 and 9 guy getting a max deal. This guy is a mammoth and is the biggest center in the NBA right now if I remember and should be producing more. Marc Gasol got the max deal last year and is clearly a better player and even that is probably a bit much. Nothing to argue here, it's overpay.

Made that high school varsity squad sacredcow's Avatar

I wonder with news of Roy considering the Pacers that the Blazers did this to screw with their cap space.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'm well aware that if I needed a detailed report on his game you'd be more qualified since you're a fan of the team. Bottom line though is he's not producing at an all star level, nor was he ever raw like let's say a DeAndre Jordan or Blake Griffin. In comparison to most centers the guy has always had a soft touch in the paint and a variety of moves. I'm not saying he hasn't improved, just saying you're exaggerating his improvements to justify what you know is a bad contract.

I can't remember ever before a 13 and 9 guy getting a max deal. This guy is a mammoth and is the biggest center in the NBA right now if I remember and should be producing more. Marc Gasol got the max deal last year and is clearly a better player and even that is probably a bit much. Nothing to argue here, it's overpay.
    Tell me why Marc Gasol's "clearly better" without mentioning PPG/RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Tell me why Marc Gasol's "clearly better" without mentioning PPG/RPG.
    More consistent scorer, better passer, more efficient all around player. I'd say they are pretty equal rebounders and defenders at this point but Gasol is such a better passer and scorer that yes it becomes "clearly". Gasol is also a lights out free throw shooter for a center which is a very big bonus (yes I'm aware Hibbert is solid there).

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

It's free market dude.

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    Lillard, Batum, Aldridge an Hibbert very good core.
    It better be because Aldridge, Hibbert and Batum will be taking up most of the cap by themselves.

Portland always does this.

If all teams were as cunning as Portland free agency would be a lot more interesting.

Neil Olshey: "I think of LaMarcus and Nicholas as our CP3 and Blake Griffin"

. How can anybody take this man seriously lately? Then he meets with a solid, not great center and throws the bank at him .

He Is I and I Am Him Wavy Crockett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Portland always does this.

If all teams were as cunning as Portland free agency would be a lot more interesting.
    You mean if all teams had money to burn.

Neil Olshey: "I think of LaMarcus and Nicholas as our CP3 and Blake Griffin"

. How can anybody take this man seriously lately? Then he meets with a solid, not great center and throws the bank at him .
    Uhh, how can anyone take you seriously?

Now that the clips are decent you can come out of your shell?
    He's from the Clippers organization so of course he's speaking in those terms.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Indiana can match that right?