Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Good points, Knoe. Personally, I feel they will be a contender in the east. It's not like they are THAT inexperienced. They have made the playoffs. Outside of the Heat (who are the onyl true contenders in the east imo) anyone can rise to contender status.

It kind of doesn't count since you made a post not about Kobe in a Kobe thread, but I'll give it to you.

You only got 13 more days left with no Kobe talk. I'm proud of you.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Personally, I don't believe the Bulls are contenders. Wallace is on the decline and his lack of offensive prowess was glaring in the playoffs last year. What happens when teams in the playoffs once again pull the "Hack a Ben" technique? What happens when they need a key post score? He will improve the squad, but their lack of experience along with Ben's deficiencies in scoring will come back to haunt them.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Bulls look like next year, and am looking forward to seeing them play with Ben, but a title is not in the picture for them yet.
    Nice job Knoe, a Non-Kobe post.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    who stepped up their game from regular season to playoffs, and who disappeared when their team needed him most (4th quarter, game seven).
    As much as you love Kobe, a leader is not someone who flakes out when their teammates are looking to them for
    ...hmmm ,
    ...what is the word I am looking for???...oh yeah...LEADERSHIP

I am obsessed with demonizing Kobe

The thing about the Dallas Mavericks is that they are not men, they are boys out there when it comes time to winning a championship. When the other team plays great hard nosed defense and offense, the Mavericks giggle like little girls and play the series as if it was a flop-a-thon.

Dallas may be a contender during the regular season, and they may luck out against the Spurs once every decade in the playoffs, but when it comes time to actually winning it all, they go back to their pretender ways.

They don't have the mindset, they don't have the passion, and they don't have the heart.

Banned

lol

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKA AAP
    The thing about the Dallas Mavericks is that they are not men, they are boys out there when it comes time to winning a championship. When the other team plays great hard nosed defense and offense, the Mavericks giggle like little girls and play the series as if it was a flop-a-thon.

Dallas may be a contender during the regular season, and they may luck out against the Spurs once every decade in the playoffs, but when it comes time to actually winning it all, they go back to their pretender ways.

They don't have the mindset, they don't have the passion, and they don't have the heart.
    You're not even in the right thread, dumbass.

I rule the local playground

I don't think Bron was taking a jab. Not at all. He was asked a question, and he didn't respond in a condescending manner. He clearly states Kobe is a better scorer than him. And that is by all means, blatantly obvious. Just as it is obvious, that LeBron James is a more innate and natural leader than Kobe. LeBron can relate to people. He is humurous. LeBron plays good cop / bad cop. Which is for the most part, the most effective way to be a leader. He doesn't berate his teammates on the sideline, like you'd see Kobe do to Sasha. Sometimes for people who are the best at what they do (Kobe) it his hard to translate that to people not on your level. Jordan had the same problem for YEARS. It wasn't until he was able to mentor Pippen, who was closest to his level, but Pippen was a better leader than Jordan. So Pippen spread the leadership down to the rest of the Bulls. Like a trickle down effect. And this is why Jordan's relationship was so strong with Pippen in the second three-peat. They had a mutual understanding.

To be a good leader, you can't JUST give negative reinforcment. Which Kobe tends to do, because it is frusterating for him to deal with his teammates. LeBron gives both, positive and negative reinforcement. Which is the best way to go. So yes, in all, or as of right now ... LeBron is a better leader.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    I don't think Bron was taking a jab. Not at all. He was asked a question, and he didn't respond in a condescending manner. He clearly states Kobe is a better scorer than him. And that is by all means, blatantly obvious. Just as it is obvious, that LeBron James is a more innate and natural leader than Kobe. LeBron can relate to people. He is humurous. LeBron plays good cop / bad cop. Which is for the most part, the most effective way to be a leader. He doesn't berate his teammates on the sideline, like you'd see Kobe do to Sasha. Sometimes for people who are the best at what they do (Kobe) it his hard to translate that to people not on your level. Jordan had the same problem for YEARS. It wasn't until he was able to mentor Pippen, who was closest to his level, but Pippen was a better leader than Jordan. So Pippen spread the leadership down to the rest of the Bulls. Like a trickle down effect. And this is why Jordan's relationship was so strong with Pippen in the second three-peat. They had a mutual understanding.

To be a good leader, you can't JUST give negative reinforcment. Which Kobe tends to do, because it is frusterating for him to deal with his teammates. LeBron gives both, positive and negative reinforcement. Which is the best way to go. So yes, in all, or as of right now ... LeBron is a better leader.
    Good call.

rank sentamentalist

At first when I read thi thread, I was think that it was pretty immature for LeBron to say something like that about Kobe. No matter how true it is (and it is true, obviously), it still isn't the right thing to do in that situation, and calling out another players weakness in the media is just stupid. But then I thoughy, if LeBron was asked a question like "What is your biggest advantage over Kobe Bryant" or "How do you compare to Kobe Bryant", then there's really no other way to answer it. He didn't come off as arrogant, because he admitted something about himself, as well as stating something "negative about Kobe. In the end, I really don't think he could have said anything less offensive, and when you're put on the spot like that, it's hard. So IMO, it wasn't an immature thing that LeBron did.

That is, if this article is even true. Where's this damn source?

On the same tokken. LeBron has downright admitted Kobe is the best player in the game. And that he has a killer instinct that he had yet to develop, which seperates them greatly. I think Bron is par for the course. He is speaking truth.

Who knows... with Kobe, this could push him to research and study effective ways to be a better leader. And that is why Kobe is the best. He is always making himself better, working on any sign of a weakness.

rank sentamentalist

Heh, your pic makes Kobe look like he as a big fro.

LOL, It is just a desiugn. But the funny thing is, in the small version for my avatar... look at his forehead. There is like a shape to it, but for some reason it looks like the EXACT shape of a Nike swoosh. Hahaha. This ad is from a Nike promo. But I found that weird, lol.

Learning to shoot layups

there are some youth pics of kobe on the clublakers

Learning to shoot layups laker24's Avatar

Better teammate yes.

Better leader I don't know yet, it's to early to call it. But I think he will be.