Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Superstar

I'm not criticizing lebron for what he said, and I actually think that players should be more like that to create rivalries and make it more exciting... but anyways, if kobe had said somethin like that, people be all over him on how hes arrogant, selfish, blah blah blah.
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 08-13-2006 at 04:49 PM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I'm not criticizing lebron for what he said, and I actually think that players should be more like that to create rivalries and make it more excinting... but anyways, if kobe had said somethin like that, people be all over him on how hes arrogant, selfish, blah blah blah.
    True as well.

You on the other hand notice me, and my superior intellect

I'll challenge you to find the last Kobe thread I made

They have a sticky now for Kobe groupies like you. Unfortunately you clowns can't seem to stay there due to your obsessive need for self/Kobe promotion.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    LOL, It is just a desiugn. But the funny thing is, in the small version for my avatar... look at his forehead. There is like a shape to it, but for some reason it looks like the EXACT shape of a Nike swoosh. Hahaha. This ad is from a Nike promo. But I found that weird, lol.
    Nice, didn't notice that before. That pic's got it all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indy
    from a lakers forum 'Clublakers':

uhh .
    Great leadership skills bron

Banned

If Kobe is such a great leader, how come he can't take a team to the playoffs unless he has Phil Jackson to get his teammates ass in gear? Kobe isn't a leader, this has been proven time and time again, in fact he's so much of a non-leader that it's laughable. The guy does not relate with people, he has a fraudulent, contrived personality, and he has proven that unless he has a LEADER on his team (Shaq, Phil) he is going NOWHERE. How anybody can find James statement objectionable is a mystery to me.

Matures? He is mature and just stated what most think.
    Exactly. For some reason people get all offended when celebrities say things we've all thought. Like they don't have the right to answer a reporter's question honestly.

Frankly, I don't think Lebron actually said that. Mainly because he has a media coach and has not said one single solitary honest opinion of his since he entered the league; why would he start now? He's almost as fake with the media as Kobe is. I can't see him being this candid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    If Kobe is such a great leader, how come he can't take a team to the playoffs unless he has Phil Jackson to get his teammates ass in gear? Kobe isn't a leader, this has been proven time and time again, in fact he's so much of a non-leader that it's laughable. The guy does not relate with people, he has a fraudulent, contrived personality, and he has proven that unless he has a LEADER on his team (Shaq, Phil) he is going NOWHERE. How anybody can find James statement objectionable is a mystery to me.

Exactly. For some reason people get all offended when celebrities say things we've all thought. Like they don't have the right to answer a reporter's question honestly.

Frankly, I don't think Lebron actually said that. Mainly because he has a media coach and has not said one single solitary honest opinion of his since he entered the league; why would he start now? He's almost as fake with the media as Kobe is. I can't see him being this candid.
    He took shots at kobe the whole tourney. It doesnt matter if its true, it doesnt need to be said. Its an immature comment. MAybe he should spend less time worrying about himself in comparison to kobe and work on his jumper. Like it or not Kobe is one of the 20-40 greatest players ever. Lebron will get there barring injury but he needs to show him some respect, and LEbron this summer did not do it.

agreed. kobe will only be a great player. because of his flawed personality i don't think he will ever become a great leader like shaq/jordan/magic. never.

Banned

Default ...

So if someone asked Kobe why US lost? And he responded that the young players PAul, Wade, and LEbron cant shoot jumpshots or play defense. Would that be wrong??? ITs true but it doesnt need to be said.

Banned

So if someone asked Kobe why US lost? And he responded that the young players PAul, Wade, and LEbron cant shoot jumpshots or play defense. Would that be wrong??? ITs true but it doesnt need to be said.
    so you're against honesty? if it's true, and the media wants to know the truth, and you tell them the truth, well, I'm still looking for the immaturity there. where is it?

I usually hit open layups

Default ...

lebron might be right that he is a better leader.. but he shouldn't be saying anything until he leads his team to winning a championship.. hell.. win a silver or a gold for once until you call yourself a leader..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    so you're against honesty? if it's true, and the media wants to know the truth, and you tell them the truth, well, I'm still looking for the immaturity there. where is it?
    its there your just too immature to see it

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

All I know is Lebron James is more mature at & way more of leader than Kobe Bryant was at 21(not even close either)...

That is a fact.
    Last edited by BFRESH44; 09-04-2006 at 02:00 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease PMshooter's Avatar

I can't blame LeBron for not being humble (other than it kind of works against his argument of being a good leader). He's 21, dominating the league, making more money than the past three or four generations of his family have made combined, getting chicks left and right no doubt, parties, shoe contracts, free shwag. You name it, this kid's had it thrown at him because of his game. Of course he's going to have an inflated ego and say things that make him sound like he has a superiority complex. If I had to bet, I'd say he's probably a complete douche to be around.

He's still hella fun to watch on the court though.

Default ...

But I'm inherited to lead and also born with the leadership.
    It's not a jab at Kobe at all. Brons means he came into the league and had to be the leader of the Cavs. Not the case with Kobe.