Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #436
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
maybe they figured they were gonna have JR longer than they'll have camby and got rid of camby. they also got rid of some cap space.
you missed my point though. they freed up cap space with the deal, then they take on Billups and his guaranteed 4 years, 46 mill contract which takes him well into his 30's. To me, this type of deal would only make sense if they expect Billups to make them a serious contender, which I don't think will be the case.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #437
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
you missed my point though. they freed up cap space with the deal, then they take on Billups and his guaranteed 4 years, 46 mill contract which takes him well into his 30's. To me, this type of deal would only make sense if they expect Billups to make them a serious contender, which I don't think will be the case.
Only time will tell, it's the nba. Anything can happen.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #438
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I said the same thing way, way earlier in the thread. billups is owed 36 million over the next three years. then he has a team option of 14 million. dice has two year 7 mill a year contract to. and even they by himout, that still counts against the cap.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #439
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:

You missed the point that with the Camby trade they still got something along the lines of a 10 mill TE around 10 mill I'm pretty sure. So with the Camby trade they got that TE and got to sign a rising star in J.R Smith. Then I guess they deicided they wanted to try and get better and traded an expriring A.I for Billups and Dice(Who is said to be baught out) Basically its hard to tell what the front office of the Nuggets are thinking, if you havent found that out by now
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #440
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdoCLk3kCo

AI WITH great sense of humour..hahahaha
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #441
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
You missed the point that with the Camby trade they still got something along the lines of a 10 mill TE around 10 mill I'm pretty sure. So with the Camby trade they got that TE and got to sign a rising star in J.R Smith. Then I guess they deicided they wanted to try and get better and traded an expriring A.I for Billups and Dice(Who is said to be baught out) Basically its hard to tell what the front office of the Nuggets are thinking, if you havent found that out by now
which is why i said it doesn't make sense...
Old 11-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #442
G-train
5-time NBA All-Star

I think if McDyess is bought out and resigns with Detroit, David Stern will do something to prevent that scenario happening again. Its happening more and more, and it really belittles the concept of trading.
Maybe increase the period of time to sign with the previous team from 30 days to 365 days.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #443
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
which is why i said it doesn't make sense...

Yeah It dosent make a whole lot of sense but its coming around, If Nene can stay healthy we gain more on the offensive end, as Camby never played in the post at all, We loose a bit on the defensive end but we will have to play better team defense as we no longer have our anchor. Then we got Billups for A.I the contract is kinda stupid as Billups has a pretty long contract left, but we needed a point guard badly and thats what we got, we lost scoring but with Melo and J.R thats not a problem , our bench we loose scoring as well but LK should be able to pick up some slack. We also have a pretty big TE and Carter will longer be starting. Its all starting to make sense know before It was confusing but its coming around and I think they still want to compete. But like I said before Its the Denver Nuggets front office so you can never be to sure. But its not as bad as your making it seem, cause it does make sense atleast for right now
Old 11-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #444
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti

AI's always been one of my favorite players (with the exception of him torching my team over the years) and I wish him the best of luck in Det.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #445
DuMa
Canned

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #446
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti

Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #447
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I said before Its the Denver Nuggets front office so you can never be to sure. But its not as bad as your making it seem, cause it does make sense atleast for right now
That's the thing, I never said it was horrible or it doesn't help the team. Sure I think bringing in Billups will improve the Nuggets at least for the time being. What I don't understand is bringing in such a big contract for someone who isn't going to make you a championship contender. Is Billups enough to make this team better than the Lakers? Hornets? Spurs? Rockets? My personal opinion is no. And a yes answer to those questions would be the only thing which would in my mind justify this trade.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #448
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
That's the thing, I never said it was horrible or it doesn't help the team. Sure I think bringing in Billups will improve the Nuggets at least for the time being. What I don't understand is bringing in such a big contract for someone who isn't going to make you a championship contender. Is Billups enough to make this team better than the Lakers? Hornets? Spurs? Rockets? My personal opinion is no. And a yes answer to those questions would be the only thing which would in my mind justify this trade.

We have not seen them play yet, but if I was a betting man then I would say no it wont put them past those teams. But on the other hand we get into the playoffs a hell of alot easier then we would have. And know with a backcourt of Billups and Jones(or J.R smith) we improve like crazy, we had A.I and Carter before you realize how small that is lol and how bad defensively that is? Melo K-Mart and Nene is not that bad on the defensive end and Billups and whoever is going to start at the 2 will be medicore atleast. So we could maybe pull up an upset but who knows have you seen them play? and we all know what you see on paper is not always what you get. I'm just happy that there trying to improve instead of just sitting back and saving money. I either wanted a chance to compete or a complete blowup and so most Nugget fans I think will justify this trade
Old 11-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #449
GreatHILL
BANNED 4 LIFE!!!

GreatHILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #450
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Maybe he'll rock a red sleeve rather than the very likely blue?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: