Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-11-2006, 11:59 PM   #16
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

why pay for them when its free? We could really put them out on the street if everyone did download, its easy, but theres still hardheads that still buy and make the rich richer.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #17
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

I'm one of them too. I'll occasionally buy a CD if I liked it alot or couldn't find it online like Floetry but other than that, I got a guy on my buddylist who has a 500gb external hard drive of nothing but mp3s. I stay in his getfile
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 AM   #18
Kobe24
Banned

Why buy CD's? I'm pretty sure nobody hear still owns a CD player. Why else did they make mp3 players for?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #19
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

I admit my entire music collection is downloaded. Its very rare that I find an album with more than 2 songs on it that I like. Plus, I dont like my CD's to follow any one genre. So burning downloaded music just makes sense to me. People ask "How do you go from Biggie Smalls to Delerium then to PetShopBoys (dont you laugh)?". I like a wide range of music and like to mix it up. Sue me! Oh wait I'm Canadian.

Last edited by Inspector Rick : 11-12-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:12 AM   #20
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

I remember they had their little ad campaigns led by Metallica dude where they were doing commercials trying to liken it to stealing material goods or make other real world analogies that just didn't really work on any level.

Destiny's Child for example said it was like if you worked at McDonald's and they came in and stole all the meat, but you still had to pay for that meat and make sandwiches. It was the dumbest, most ill fitting simile I had ever heard.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:12 AM   #21
Heilige
An Icon Forever

In stealing music you lack a feeling of ownership which is a very bad thing.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #22
Star#9
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure nobody hear still owns a CD player
I do, why spend 200$ on an mp3 when I have a cd player that works?

And anyway, I do download cds. But once in a while I will buy one. The most recent one I bought was Lil Waynes. Every song on that album was good. I don't buy a lot of albums because they'll only have 2 or 3 good songs. Like 50 cents albums, 2 good songs and the rest are crap.
Star#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #23
lay-up
I airball my layups

At the end of the day, downloading music is stealing.

Its not about whether or not the artist actually needs the money...we all know they are wealthy.

but by that logic, you would/should never have to pay for anything ever...why does that mechanic need my money, he has another customer coming in right after me...why do levis need my money, they sell heaps of jeans etc...

just because they make heaps of money does not remove their entitlement to earn more

nor does the ease with which we can download music justify it...it is still taking something for free which really shouldn't be and only is because of technology and not under the artists' wishes...

but then again, i am not fully anti-downloading.

i once downloaded a song by a band because i heard a short clip of it on the radio and i now have 4 of their albums...one song for free turned into 4 purchased albums...that's where downloading should be embraced

but i agree with the whole art thing...music is art, as much as film and painting and etc, and doesn't deserve to be treated like it is...like it gets handed out like a flyer

i love owning the actual cd.

as a fan of music, it does deepen the meaning of it if you have an actual collection...not just a bunch of silver discs labelled with a pen that you downloaded...

at the end of it all, there always has and always will be ways of sharing music and getting it for free...dubbing tapes, lending vinyls, swapping cds, up and downloading, the radio...

but i think they do deserve their money and if you like the music, you by law have to buy it and if you don't like it, then bad luck and better luck next time...
lay-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:19 AM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Of course it's stealing, and if that conflicts with your morals, you won't download music. But overpricing for CD's could be seem immoral as well...
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: