Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #2266
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Gary Payton sat down with BSO’s Sheena Quick, and when he was asked what the odds were that LeBron James signs with a team out west this summer, Payton revealed that James’ 13-year-old son, Bronny, is committed to Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles next year

The school refuted that to a media member though, but I would think they probably are not allowed to publicly say which child has declared for them without the parents' permission.

https://www.slamonline.com/college-h...l-los-angeles/
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #2267
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

This Kawhi to Lakers talk is getting nuts.. I'm convinced there is no way Pop trades Kawhi to the Lakers.. Pop has said in the past he doesn't trade his players out West - that Pau Gasol to Lakers trade was what pushed Pop over the top in his Lakers anger lol. Philly can offer more and perhaps even Celtics if they are willing to unload Tatum or Brown+Rozier+Smart.

It's highly unlikely Kawhi gets traded to the West, let alone the Lakers. There is much better chance of PG13+LeBron than Kawhi. Besides, we don't even know if Kawhi is back to the Kawhi we remember 2yrs ago. He missed whole season off a major injury.. Are we giving up both Ingram+Kuzma for a risk like that?

In the end with all things considered, I guess personally I would be okay with whatever happens. Kawhi was a top 3 player throughout that season until the injury. There are very few players I would be willing to unload our entire future for, and Kawhi is one of them. I would be perfectly fine if Spurs refuse to trade with us as well. Ingram+Kuzma+Ball+PG13+Randle is enough to get us into playoffs as 7th/8th seed. If we somehow land LeBron on top of that? Pshhhh! We don't need Kawhi. Let him go East.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #2268
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,572
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

I would trade nearly anyone for Leonard. The Spurs would probably hate to trade him to the Lakers, so you're correct there. The one thing you didn't mention is they have no leverage though. If Kahwi doesn't want to resign with a team they aren't going to trade for him. Why would the Celtics gut their team for him if he doesn't want to be there? They might have the best offer but that wouldn't make sense for a team that can be dominate for years to come. If there's some kind of way for the Lakers to add Lebron, Kawhi, and one of CP3, Cousins, or George they are instant favorites. I'm all for them doing that. Even if it means giving up the young talent.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #2269
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,844
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
This Kawhi to Lakers talk is getting nuts.. I'm convinced there is no way Pop trades Kawhi to the Lakers.. Pop has said in the past he doesn't trade his players out West - that Pau Gasol to Lakers trade was what pushed Pop over the top in his Lakers anger lol. Philly can offer more and perhaps even Celtics if they are willing to unload Tatum or Brown+Rozier+Smart.

It's highly unlikely Kawhi gets traded to the West, let alone the Lakers. There is much better chance of PG13+LeBron than Kawhi. Besides, we don't even know if Kawhi is back to the Kawhi we remember 2yrs ago. He missed whole season off a major injury.. Are we giving up both Ingram+Kuzma for a risk like that?

In the end with all things considered, I guess personally I would be okay with whatever happens. Kawhi was a top 3 player throughout that season until the injury. There are very few players I would be willing to unload our entire future for, and Kawhi is one of them. I would be perfectly fine if Spurs refuse to trade with us as well. Ingram+Kuzma+Ball+PG13+Randle is enough to get us into playoffs as 7th/8th seed. If we somehow land LeBron on top of that? Pshhhh! We don't need Kawhi. Let him go East.

Either the guy is damaged goods or has transformed into a selfish and spiteful person who chose to abandon his teammates and declared war against a HOF'er coach who didn't have any history of clashing with other players. Maybe he is neither, but it's crazy to trade Kyle and Brandon at this point, esp they have already proven they can combine for at least 32 pts, 9 assists/12 rebs/game VERY EARLY in their career.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #2270
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Either the guy is damaged goods or has transformed into a selfish and spiteful person who chose to abandon his teammates and declared war against a HOF'er coach who didn't have any history of clashing with other players. Maybe he is neither, but it's crazy to trade Kyle and Brandon at this point, esp they have already proven they can combine for at least 32 pts, 9 assists/12 rebs/game VERY EARLY in their career.

As a nba fan, I'd rather see Kawhi in the East.. East is already a laughingstock with everyone going West. We need parity in this league especially with LeBron probably heading West too. Boston is already a superteam. Philly is very close. Raptors will still be solid. I hope Kawhi and Cousins can team up in New York. Now we have true parity..

I just hope PG13 comes to Lakers.. With all the money we have, I kind of don't want to give up what we have now :P
PG13 alone is a successful off-season, LeBron on top would be great. I don't want to be greedy beyond that lol

Last edited by bladefd : 06-19-2018 at 04:42 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:51 AM   #2271
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,572
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

It's now being reported that Kawhi did tell the team that he intends to sign in LA in 2019 and would prefer to go to the Lakers. Paul George may be more difficult at this point, but it is reported that his wife and parents prefer him to play with the Lakers too. If the Lakers have a chance at those 2 and Lebron they have to go for it. As much as it would suck losing a few of the young guys you can't miss out on an opportunity for a big 3 like that. Even if George decides to stay in OKC, there's still an opportunity for Cousins or CP3 possibly. Whomever Lebron would want to recruit basically. We would have to hope to keep one of Ingram, Kuzma, or Ball. Then it would be filled out with vets. I'm sure a guy like Jamal Crawford (who just opted out) would want to come back to LA to chase a ring. He'd be nice coming off the bench on the minimum. Not sure what they could do with Lopez. It would depend on his price tag. Depending on how fast all of this goes down that first round pick could be gone Thursday. I think with moves like that they could definitely make a run at the Warriors and eventually get a ship. It might take another year to build out the roster. Also in another year the Warriors need to decide if they're really going to pay Klay or not. And what they decide there will affect what happens the following year with Draymond. They all can't get the super max. I think the Lakers would be primed to make a run for a while. When Lebron gets too old Kawhi would still be in his prime and ready to take to torch.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:49 AM   #2272
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Lakers wouldn't have money for 3 max deals. Even if we trade off Ingram and Ball. Deng is still an issue. Spurs won't take Dengs deal. I don't think Kawhi is realistic when it's all said. I guarantee you he has more than just Lakers and Knicks on his list. He must have Philly on there and maybe even Chicago/Miami. If only Lakers are on there with no other team, I would be extremely shocked.

I am very much convinced Spurs will do everything to keep Kawhi out of the West. It is in their interest and the nba owners' interest to not give in to a request like that to a star player because it sets a dangerous precedent for all small market teams. They are already at a major disadvantage versus big markets like la/ny/chi as it is. Imagine if others start following in Kawhi's steps and what that would do.

I feel like it's a recipe for disappointment to expect that all possibly going down.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:09 AM   #2273
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,572
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

For the Lakers to get Kawhi that means Deng has to be part of the deal. Whether it involves a 3rd team or San Antonio decides they would want the expiring contract it would have to happen somehow. It's been talked about a lot. I don't think they could just stretch him and make it all work.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #2274
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
For the Lakers to get Kawhi that means Deng has to be part of the deal. Whether it involves a 3rd team or San Antonio decides they would want the expiring contract it would have to happen somehow. It's been talked about a lot. I don't think they could just stretch him and make it all work.

I don't see Spurs taking Deng. 36.8 mill total due over next 2yrs. That's insane deal for Spurs to take on, and I have hard time seeing it..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #2275
zizozain
15-1
 
zizozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,373
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

i have some questions

why trading young talents for Kawhi if he intends to sign in LA in 2019?

why 3 max deals? why not 1 or to this summer and add Kawhi next summer?
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #2276
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizozain
i have some questions

why trading young talents for Kawhi if he intends to sign in LA in 2019?

why 3 max deals? why not 1 or to this summer and add Kawhi next summer?

1) Well, we would get him now and clear out couple contracts at same time in a trade. We don't have to technically do it but if we decide to sign him in 2019, we could only sign 1 max deal this summer. Rest of roster would have to be 1yr deals.

2) There isn't enough money for 3 max deals so no chance of Lakers signing them all as free-agents at max money. Not only because of Deng but we have other contracts on the books (Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, maybe Zubac/Bryant). For 3 max deals, we would need over $100 mill cap space. If we sign PG13/LeBron this year then Kawhi would have no way of signing for max next year.

Only way to do it: We sign PG/LeBron for 1yr deal, acquire their bird rights, do sign-and-trade for Kawhi next summer then sign PG/LeBron to max next summer. To pull it off, we would have to fill roster with 1yr deals. It gets too messy and we don't know if Spurs would even agree to a sign-and-trade with us.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #2277
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,328
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

We don't need or want LeBron. Rather wait for Kawhi, best two way player in the league by far next off-season.

One more year and we back boyz

2019-20 Lakers
PG: Ingram | Ball
SG: George | Hart
SF: Leonard | Ariza
PF: Kuzma | Gibson
C: Randle | Lopez

True positionless basketball.
1-5 can switch everything defensively


Side note: glad we got rid of Mitch too. That dude just traded for Mozgov's contact again. Let's hope he takes Deng back too
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:04 AM   #2278
OG LeeTSkeeT
Mr.Rager
 
OG LeeTSkeeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 681
Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

whatd you guys think of this draft versus who we could've drafted. seems like we got sniped few picks before so we had to improvise. mitchell robinson and simons.
OG LeeTSkeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy