Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default blind dates-- what have you seen?

what happened during your blind date?
who set you up?
what would you do differently next time?

any tips for the future?

here is an article that may be helpful...
http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationshi...8244&GT1=32023
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
step_back
College superstar

Default Re: blind dates-- what have you seen?

I was set up by my best mates ex girlfriend.

I was told we were going out to go see a film or something like that, when I turned up there was just this one girl I had met briefly once or twice. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea. I was not in the slightest bit attracted to her and even though it sounds harsh her personality was bland.

she told me the others were running late and said that we should go in to the cinema ( by this time I knew what had happened )

we watched the film in an awkward silence ( never go see a film on the first date I might add) then after the film had finished I immediately said I should be getting home for work the next day (which was bull****)

As soon as I got back I phoned up my mate asking why he had not stoped his GF from setting me up. He said he did then his GF offered anyhting in bed to him.

I guess the code is " Bros before Hoes unless there no clothes"
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:56 AM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back

I guess the code is " Bros before Hoes unless there no clothes"

a lot of ish-ers will agree with that addition
Old 09-09-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
a lot of ish-ers will agree with that addition

I do too lol
Old 09-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
DirtBag
Hello!

I was set up on a blind date w/ a buddy of mine in the AF. His wife worked with her at Victoria's Secret. I was just ending my divorce process, and she just got out a relationship too. We hit it off from the start. She was eastern european (smoking hot, kind of looked like Kelly Clarkson). We all double dated and went bowling. Had some drinks there and back at our friends house afterwards. Our friends were pushing for it pretty hard, and so after everyone went to bed, we were still up making out. We went to the room provided to us and low and behold they had even left us a condom. So it got used and it was GOOD! We stayed together awhile, but I was still kind of screwed up over the whole cheating wife thing and turned to alcohol. Finally the poor girl could handle it no longer. We still talk on occasion via myspace, but other than that it was AWESOME having sex with her while it lasted!
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
I was set up on a blind date w/ a buddy of mine in the AF. His wife worked with her at Victoria's Secret. I was just ending my divorce process, and she just got out a relationship too. We hit it off from the start. She was eastern european (smoking hot, kind of looked like Kelly Clarkson). We all double dated and went bowling. Had some drinks there and back at our friends house afterwards. Our friends were pushing for it pretty hard, and so after everyone went to bed, we were still up making out. We went to the room provided to us and low and behold they had even left us a condom. So it got used and it was GOOD! We stayed together awhile, but I was still kind of screwed up over the whole cheating wife thing and turned to alcohol. Finally the poor girl could handle it no longer. We still talk on occasion via myspace, but other than that it was AWESOME having sex with her while it lasted!

if it wasnt for your rebound issues, it might have worked out huh?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
Heretik32
Myrrh

Being the ugly mofo that I am, I prefer my dates blind.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #9
DirtBag
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
if it wasnt for your rebound issues, it might have worked out huh?

Yea, I suppose it might have. that and the booze didn't help. I always wanted to talk about my problems and what not. She had her demons too, but I was definately the one to blame for the end of it all. Oh well, I got a nice little dime piece that moved all from Kansas to be w/ me. So it's all that what is meant to be is meant to be stuff.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32

Old 12-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

My first and only blind date was a success. I was 20 at the time. I usually did my own hunting, but I had been away at college for so long that I was completely out of the loop. So I asked my cousin to flip through her "Ho"lodex and hook a bruh up. She hooked me up with a 27 year old nutjub. During the date she gave me her life story, that was filled with abuse from ex-boyfriends and mommy and daddy issues. I endured it because I wanted to hit. I figured that if she was 27 and willing to go out on a date with a college kid she would give up that ass. We both got loaded and I trailed her crib. We kicked it for the rest of the summer before I headed off to school never to communicate with her again. I have not been on a blindate since then.
In the future I will probably be more specific about what I am looking for. At the time the only qualification I asked for was that she was fine. Since I am older, and am actually open to settling down, I would prefer a stable woman who is attractive and intelligent.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
B-Low
The Love B-Low

I've never been on a blind date before thank god. But I have seen plenty of friends who MY female friends have described as cute turn out to be some dogs once i actually saw them in person. You always gotta get a guys opinion of a girl before you take the girl's opinion seriously. Girls will talk their friends up so damn much, but if that girl WASN'T their friend, you know they'd be talkin all kinds of $hit about her.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

My cousin is Bi herself. I told her do not hook me up with anyone you would not tap. I do not trust my straight homegirls when it comes to female evaluations. Hell I don't trust all the gay ones either. A lot of them are chubby-chasers. Which is just nasty to me. If you are going to be gay, and deal with the crap that accompanies it, make sure she is decent.

Last edited by Dasher : 12-27-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Myspace/Facebook have saved a lot of potential blind date disasters now. Just punch in her name and you can at least get an idea of what she looks like. Even that doesn't work that well though because of the Dreaded Myspace Angles
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

I was talking to a chick on facebook yesterday, and her main profile pic was misleading. The chick was smart and witty, but she is a whale. I tend to talk to a lot of chicks who don't do the networking sites. I don't blame them, the sites just are not what they used to be.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: