Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Number of quality films has nothing to do with the actual stories or potential of DC vs Marvel. Just happened to work out where Marvel stepped up first into the making movies work and churns them out much faster. DC has made a handful of movies where as Marvel has made like 20+ in the last decade. Even more impressive that DC easily has the best of all the superhero movies.

I want Nolan to redo Green Lantern next... and do DC the justice it deserves.
    JUST the Nolan Batman trilogy, and I'd say the first two Spider-Man films and the first Iron Man match up well against those.

Number of quality films has nothing to do with the actual stories or potential of DC vs Marvel. Just happened to work out where Marvel stepped up first into the making movies work and churns them out much faster. DC has made a handful of movies where as Marvel has made like 20+ in the last decade. Even more impressive that DC easily has the best of all the superhero movies.

I want Nolan to redo Green Lantern next... and do DC the justice it deserves.
    Yeah. They should reboot GL. Did not even last 30min, then I stopped watching the movie.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    JUST the Nolan Batman trilogy, and I'd say the first two Spider-Man films and the first Iron Man match up well against those.
    Which is my point. Marvel has 10 times the superhero movies yet it's DC that has the undisputed best set of movies. Quality over quantity when it comes to movies. Marvel pops one out every two years where as Nolan took his time and put 4 years of work between each Batman movie.

I Like Spiderman and Hulk the most after Batman in terms of my fav superheroes but in terms of straight popularity Superman is THE most popular and well known superhero of all time and Batman is right behind him. None of the Marvel superheroes are as iconic as Batman or Superman in my opinion. Everybody knows who Superman is... not everybody knows who Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk etc are.

Which is my point. Marvel has 10 times the superhero movies yet it's DC that has the undisputed best set of movies. Quality over quantity when it comes to movies. Marvel pops one out every two years where as Nolan took his time and put 4 years of work between each Batman movie.

I Like Spiderman and Hulk the most after Batman in terms of my fav superheroes but in terms of straight popularity Superman is THE most popular and well known superhero of all time and Batman is right behind him. None of the Marvel superheroes are as iconic as Batman or Superman in my opinion. Everybody knows who Superman is... not everybody knows who Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk etc are.
    DC does not have the best set of movies, come on now. The Nolan Batman films aren't so great that they immediately trump the movies I mentioned. You're basically just saying Nolan > the entire series of directors involved in the Marvel films, which is absurd. You don't even know if the new Superman movie's gonna be any good or not. Yeah, Nolan's involved, but Zack is fvcking HORRIBLE at directing actors, which was the biggest reason why the Watchmen wasn't as great as it could have been. Plus Sucker Punch was a huge mark against his skill as a director. As for Marvel pumping out films...they actually don't own the film rights to Spider-Man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, or Ghost Rider, so those aren't part of the Avengers universe that they've set up. Those are made by other studios with a different vision of what these characters are.

And at this point, I'm fairly certain everyone knows who Spider-Man is. I think you might be forgetting just how huge those Raimi films were when they opened. There was even a bunch of bullshit in the press about how important Spider-Man was as a proud New Yorker post-9/11.

DC does not have the best set of movies, come on now. The Nolan Batman films aren't so great that they immediately trump the movies I mentioned. You're basically just saying Nolan > the entire series of directors involved in the Marvel films, which is absurd. You don't even know if the new Superman movie's gonna be any good or not. Yeah, Nolan's involved, but Zack is fvcking HORRIBLE at directing actors, which was the biggest reason why the Watchmen wasn't as great as it could have been. Plus Sucker Punch was a huge mark against his skill as a director. As for Marvel pumping out films...they actually don't own the film rights to Spider-Man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, or Ghost Rider, so those aren't part of the Avengers universe that they've set up. Those are made by other studios with a different vision of what these characters are.

And at this point, I'm fairly certain everyone knows who Spider-Man is. I think you might be forgetting just how huge those Raimi films were when they opened. There was even a bunch of bullshit in the press about how important Spider-Man was as a proud New Yorker post-9/11.
    Batman trilogy IS that much better in terms of quality of movies than anything else. Avengers isn't a full tier below but there is obviously some of a gap. Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man were very nice movies but again nowhere near as good as Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises.

Spider-Man is extremely popular but I don't think you realize that Superman is hands down the most popular superhero ever by a huge margin and is more of a world wide icon. Probably in part due to how old the character is.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 07-21-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Batman trilogy IS that much better in terms of quality of movies than anything else. Avengers isn't a full tier below but there is obviously some of a gap. Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man were very nice movies but again nowhere near as good as Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises.

Spider-Man is extremely popular but I don't think you realize that Superman is hands down the most popular superhero ever by a huge margin and is more of a world wide icon. Probably in part due to how old the character is.
    I love the Batman trilogy as well and hold it just below LOTR as the greatest trilogy I've seen, but I can't help but think you're waaaaaaay overrating it with regards to this genre.

I love the Batman trilogy as well and hold it just below LOTR as the greatest trilogy I've seen, but I can't help but think you're waaaaaaay overrating it with regards to this genre.
    According to critics/fans combined and the Academy Awards and other outlets nothing comes close to Dark Knight in the superhero genre so not sure how I'm overrating it. The fact that at worst Rises was only a little worse shows the dominance over the superhero genre even more. The fact that Dark Knight should have won best picture says it all. No other movie like Spider-Man, Iron-Man or Avengers will even be in that discussion.

As I said que I'm not even a Superman fan. I'm just stating the fact... that he's the undisputed most popular and iconic superhero of all time.

According to critics/fans combined and the Academy Awards and other outlets nothing comes close to Dark Knight in the superhero genre so not sure how I'm overrating it. The fact that at worst Rises was only a little worse shows the dominance over the superhero genre even more. The fact that Dark Knight should have won best picture says it all. No other movie like Spider-Man, Iron-Man or Avengers will even be in that discussion.
    To get back to the point though, you're saying that DC > Marvel in terms of their characters, and using one character to make this argument. Please tell me what film in the Superman series were even close to being as good as any of the X-Men films. In fact, let's remove Batman and Spider-Man entirely from this argument, and tell me how DC has told better stories than Marvel in their films.

To get back to the point though, you're saying that DC > Marvel in terms of their characters, and using one character to make this argument. Please tell me what film in the Superman series were even close to being as good as any of the X-Men films. In fact, let's remove Batman and Spider-Man entirely from this argument, and tell me how DC has told better stories than Marvel in their films.
    No I'm not saying DC>Marvel in general. Just that there is a gap between these Batman movies and any Marvel movie. The failures of the Superman movies has everything to do with the people making the films and not the plot which was my only point. Nolan has yet to make a movie that wasn't perceived as great so I don't see why Superman wouldn't be a great movie.

Of course in a H2H comparison it's difficult because for every 1 DC movie there are 5-10 Marvel ones. In general though I feel like DC has better origin stories and that's my personal opinion.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvOT6HJCmg

FU**ING EPIC. Marvel simply cannot fu** with the deep, sorrow filled plots of the DC universe and nobody can fu** with Nolan when it comes to making Superhero movies. This trailer debuted yesterday or day before and was only shown in DKR showings.

Why did they use LOTR music in the trailer?

Banned

the trailer looks like Lord of the Rings in America mixed with Lou Ferrigno Incredible Hulk. Is that the music when Haldir dies in the trailer of a superman movie? WTF

Why is he hitchhiking around when he can fly?
    WTF superman? He is the most boring character in comics, thats why superman movies suck.

Also, after they way he god owned like a bitch in Dark Knight Strikes Again, it's hard to like that guy.

Atleast this actor doesnt look like a bitch.

The trailer looks like this could be an interesting take on Superman. I'm interested in the movie now.