Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #91
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 22,734
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23


God no ...

I can't even take you seriously.

I forgot you're that creeper Yao Ming stan

Yes that's rg all right. He's trying to be a "serious" poster and has somehow managed to convince a lot of people. Some of us never forget though.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #92
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23


God no ...

I can't even take you seriously.

I forgot you're that creeper Yao Ming stan
You didn't even have Durant in your top 5.

Durant is better than Tmac ever was, no doubt. Tmac was a better passer and ball-handler but the rest go to Durant. Durant was the better scorer, better shooter, more clutch, just as good of a rebounder, and a better defender.

Durant was better and the numbers back me up. What backs you up again?
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #93
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3

Yes that's rg all right. He's trying to be a "serious" poster and has somehow managed to convince a lot of people. Some of us never forget though.




































































Next.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #94
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 22,734
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12




































































Next.
^afraid to post his own pic. Jealous I'm the next Slash
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #95
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
^afraid to post his own pic. Jealous I'm the next Slash




























StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #96
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 22,734
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Found a pic of RG:
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #97
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

You definitely found me alright. I'd much more proud that I look like that than some pudgy Jewish kid who knows nothing about basketball
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #98
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 22,734
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
You definitely found me alright. I'd much more proud that I look like that than some pudgy Jewish kid who knows nothing about basketball
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #99
GP_20
Glove
 
GP_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Gary Payton being #28 was one of the most indefensible things in the history of basketball discussion. And it not happening without someone with a massive bias towards him putting on a huge argument should make it clear that all one has to do is talk to idiots about a subject long enough for them to give in and make an idiotic decision.

Gary Payton probably shouldnt be top 40 and perhaps not top 50. He wasnt even approaching it in 96 and even if you feel hes better than a couple people who did nothing he did after that justifies ranking over at least 7 or 8 players not in the league at the time.

Last list...guy ranked #94 was all NBA first team over Gary at his peak when he was years past his. Gary wasnt nearly as highly regarded in his time or all time to justify ranking over MVPs who led teams to titles and he was over 7 of those players last time. Of course hes going to drop.

If people think it out he should drop 20 or more spots. In fact...in 07 ISH voted Dirk 20 spots behind Gary. Its never going to happen again.

Gary shouldnt have been even close to top 28 then and now we have to add titles to the resume of Dirk, KG, Lebron, and so on?

Payton did nothing of note Kevin Durant has not and he played worse and was considered worse relative to his era in doing it.

Him being #28 was one of the most obvious cases of idiots being easily manipulated ive ever seen and if he comes in before like...45 or 50...it will be more of the same.

You were on here claiming he was top 3 in 98 meaning Jordan, Shaq, or Malone were worse....and there were too many 17 year olds to remember that relative to guys like them nobody cared about Gary Payton. Talking about MVP votes as if many actually ranked him that high as a player....

Shit was a joke. A bad joke.

What is your obsession with MVPs? You are acting like winning an MVP is so damn important even though you know that players with lesser MVPs are often greater than players with more MVPs? So I couldn't care less who has an MVP and who doesn't. The players you compare against all played in different eras too, good luck Schayes winning MVPs over Jordan. Same goes to leading teams to championships. 1st of all that's a team accomplishment, 2nd of all i'm sure Cowens and Schayes didn't run into teams like the 72 Bulls in the finals.

So get out of here with your team and MVP talk. That's all relative to their competition. Come back with their ON COURT play, basically how good of basketball players were they. Fine even adjust for the time they played (not competition, so giving Schayes and Cowens some extra points). And Payton would go Top 25 All-Time if we went that route.


One more thing. Gary Payton was very underrated in his prime. He was not that flashy type of PG. So that is part of why he was underrated. So when you say "I did not hear too much of him....", well thats why. He was underrated. So for you, if a player is underrated, you stay ignorant and he stays underrated? that's just stupid logic. If you want to stay ignorant, stay that way. Just because you didn't hear about him doesn't mean much. It just means he was UNDERRATED.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #100
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 19,196
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
What is your obsession with MVPs? You are acting like winning an MVP is so damn important even though you know that players with lesser MVPs are often greater than players with more MVPs? So I couldn't care less who has an MVP and who doesn't. The players you compare against all played in different eras too, good luck Schayes winning MVPs over Jordan. Same goes to leading teams to championships. 1st of all that's a team accomplishment, 2nd of all i'm sure Cowens and Schayes didn't run into teams like the 72 Bulls in the finals.


For one...there are some basic errors there that make me assume you have not looked into the people you just mentioned....secondly...

The Kareem/Oscar Bucks could likely beat anyone.

And the sonics spent most of the 90s being knocked off several of them failures with great records. They didnt just lose to the Bulls. They lost to....the league.

Oh and for someone who says "So what?" to award votes you sure didnt mind leaning on them to justify your claim that Zo was only a great defender in two seasons.


Quote:
So get out of here with your team and MVP talk. That's all relative to their competition. Come back with their ON COURT play, basically how good of basketball players were they. Fine even adjust for the time they played (not competition, so giving Schayes and Cowens some extra points). And Payton would go Top 25 All-Time if we went that route.

Gary falls even more there. you start talking about the best players....the people a GM would build a team around? just off the bigman advantage Gary falls. Gary falls behind people like Durant, Dwight Howard, and so on....plenty of people who didnt have the career but were flat out considered better. Going by....best player? Nah. Gary doesnt want that.

Gary being top 25 is more than idiotic. Its the kind of thing so far out I just chalk it up to you being a childish fan who lets emotion make your decisions.

Quote:
One more thing. Gary Payton was very underrated in his prime. He was not that flashy type of PG. So that is part of why he was underrated. So when you say "I did not hear too much of him....", well thats why. He was underrated. So for you, if a player is underrated, you stay ignorant and he stays underrated? that's just stupid logic. If you want to stay ignorant, stay that way. Just because you didn't hear about him doesn't mean much. It just means he was UNDERRATED.


So people who arent considered elite...that you decide in fact were...12-20 years later...they must be underrated. You cant just be wrong. The people watching cant be right. If the world is against you...the world is wrong. You see clearer in retrospect than people voting a past his prime Tim over Payton for all NBA did in their present.

Perfect defense of "You know people didnt even consider him elite right?". Just say...they were wrong.

Well done. Player never considered elite...but you call him top 25 ever....so....people were wrong. he was elite. No explaining it of course. Cant be done. So dont bother. Got it.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #101
GP_20
Glove
 
GP_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
For one...there are some basic errors there that make me assume you have not looked into the people you just mentioned....secondly...

The Kareem/Oscar Bucks could likely beat anyone.

And the sonics spent most of the 90s being knocked off several of them failures with great records. They didnt just lose to the Bulls. They lost to....the league.

Oh and for someone who says "So what?" to award votes you sure didnt mind leaning on them to justify your claim that Zo was only a great defender in two seasons.
I'm not saying let's completely ignore MVPs and awards, but to use it as a basis of your argument for 2 players playing in different eras is just stupid lol.

This is your logic:

A > B
C > D

So A must be > D

Think about what you said, think about why the above is what your logic is, and think about why that's just stupid. To help you out, Cowens or Schayes is A, their competition is B, Payton's competition is C, and Payton is D.


Quote:
Gary falls even more there. you start talking about the best players....the people a GM would build a team around? just off the bigman advantage Gary falls. Gary falls behind people like Durant, Dwight Howard, and so on....plenty of people who didnt have the career but were flat out considered better. Going by....best player? Nah. Gary doesnt want that.

Gary being top 25 is more than idiotic. Its the kind of thing so far out I just chalk it up to you being a childish fan who lets emotion make your decisions.

Are you kidding? Who would take players like Durant and Dwight over Payton? With Gary Payton, you have a play who could anchor your offense and defense and have them play at a high level (as he has shown in his career). Durant?



Quote:
So people who arent considered elite...that you decide in fact were...12-20 years later...they must be underrated. You cant just be wrong. The people watching cant be right. If the world is against you...the world is wrong. You see clearer in retrospect than people voting a past his prime Tim over Payton for all NBA did in their present.

Perfect defense of "You know people didnt even consider him elite right?". Just say...they were wrong.

Well done. Player never considered elite...but you call him top 25 ever....so....people were wrong. he was elite. No explaining it of course. Cant be done. So dont bother. Got it.

Lol, are you listening to what you are saying? let me reverse everything you just said.

"Most people just can't be wrong. The people watching are always right. If someone disagrees with the general public, they are wrong."


Perfect defense of "Payton is not elite" Just say...the general public didn't think so ur wrong

Owned?

Last edited by GP_20 : 09-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #102
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,583
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

i vote that stateofmind posts a pic of himself. it's only fair
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #103
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 19,196
Default Re: #37 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote:
Are you kidding? Who would take players like Durant and Dwight over Payton?

Says enough.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy