Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Default Re: What happens if The Lakers change their coach and still lose?

Dwight could be the best player on the Lakers if he was utilized by an actual play maker. Nash and Dwight there wouldn't really be an issue with free throws. Because he would only be shooting 1 free throw at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    But I thought Dwight Howard was the best player? That's what some people on ISH were saying before the season
    Hmm. So LA isn't Kobe's team now?

Pau Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Hmm. So LA isn't Kobe's team now?
    I don't think that, but some people on ISH were claiming that its Dwight's team now

But I thought Dwight Howard was the best player? That's what some people on ISH were saying before the season
    Dwight is, but his point isn't really accurate anyway. You don't automatically blame the best player when a team loses. What kind of retard logic is that? Just look at MJ in the 80's. You can be by far the best player on the court and still lose the game. The team with the best player doesn't automatically win. I mean, this couldn't be more obvious common sense.

Whoever the best player on the Lakers is. I say Dwight, you say Kobe. Regardless. If the #1 Laker plays epically well, they're still gonna lose if the rest of the team plays poorly. You don't then blame the best player who played well just because he's the best player when it was everyone else who didn't do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Dwight is, but his point isn't really accurate anyway. You don't automatically blame the best player when a team loses. What kind of retard logic is that? Just look at MJ in the 80's. You can be by far the best player on the court and still lose the game. The team with the best player doesn't automatically win. I mean, this could be more obvious common sense.

Whoever the best player on the Lakers is. I say Dwight, you say Kobe. Regardless. If the #1 Laker plays epically well, they're still gonna lose if the rest of the team plays poorly. You don't then blame the best player who played well just because he's the best player when it was everyone else who didn't do their job.
    Both Kobe and Howard have been playing well up to this point. It's stupid to blame either of them for the 1-4 start.

Dwight is, but his point isn't really accurate anyway. You don't automatically blame the best player when a team loses. What kind of retard logic is that? Just look at MJ in the 80's. You can be by far the best player on the court and still lose the game. The team with the best player doesn't automatically win. I mean, this could be more obvious common sense.

You must have really low standards. Kobe has been a great scorer, but his leadership and playmaking have been pretty average (his defense = non existent).

Say the Lakers do hire a new headcoach and the Lakers continue recording L's - if Kobe's play doesn't change, he'll get the majority of the blame. Just the way it is.

Both Kobe and Howard have been playing well up to this point. It's stupid to blame either of them for the 1-4 start.
    Literally NO PLAYERS are to blame. It couldn't be more obvious that this is complete on the potato.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

You must have really low standards. Kobe has been a great scorer, but his leadership and playmaking have been pretty average (his defense = non existent).

Say the Lakers do hire a new headcoach and the Lakers continue recording L's - if Kobe's play doesn't change, he'll get the majority of the blame. Just the way it is.
    lol no he won't.

Literally NO PLAYERS are to blame. It couldn't be more obvious that this is complete on the potato.
    Bench has been beyond awful. Probably has something to do with Brown's rotations though.

I'm not saying it's entirely Kobe's fault, but he's part of the reason LA has looked like trash on the defensive end. Save for his fanatics (and boxscore watchers), anyone that's actually tuning into these games would agree.

If they get a new coach (who understands the word "rotation") and Nash comes back.........

If Kobe dominates the ball, takes the most shot and plays trash D, then yes. It will CLEARLY be his fault. It couldn't be more obvious that this should be primarily an inside scoring team first and foremost. Priority #1 obviously needs to be putting Dwight and Pau in the position to score point. Kobe needs to just check his ego and accept that. Kobe's main scoring should be catch and shoot.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Start Jordan Hill
    Trade Pau for 2/3 solid bench guys
    Win

Dude is slower than big Z these days...

If they get a new coach (who understands the word "rotation") and Nash comes back.........

If Kobe dominates the ball, takes the most shot and plays trash D, then yes. It will CLEARLY be his fault. It couldn't be more obvious that this should be primarily an inside scoring team first and foremost. Priority #1 obviously needs to be putting Dwight and Pau in the position to score point. Kobe needs to just check his ego and accept that. Kobe's main scoring should be catch and shoot.
    Under the premise of the OP, this is spot on.

Just not sure how this is any different than what I said, though.

Under the premise of the OP, this is spot on.

Just not sure how this is any different than what I said, though.
    It's different because if Kobe does what I just explained and does his job well, you can't blame him if they lose.