Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #46
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He also threatened to kill her if she testified. Him and his associates. Why do you leave that out? If someone told me they were going to kill me unless i took a payoff, it might affect my decision a tiny bit.

We don't have to agree, the andecdotal evidence is on the field and he's had no statistical impact on the defense and they've lost every game, several of them because the defense couldn't hold. You're not losing 10-7. BUT JJ WATT, JJ Watt is JJ Watt. He's not a issue at all and has MVP caliber defensive talent. Hardy is a good edge rusher. It's not the same.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #47
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,386
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
He hasn't. Before you say "well the teams were different", well you played two teams twice.

Before Hardy
Giants 289 yards 26 points
Eagles 226 yards 17 points

After Hardy
Giants 289 yards 27 points
Eagles 459 yards 33 points

What an incredible impact he's having. And note: I know Romo was there but your defense gave the Eagles fits that first game. You played horrible and still took them easy. Last game?

I know he's improved your pass rush, i don't think it's that significant and having that much an impact.

Last edited by niko : 11-11-2015 at 01:39 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #48
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

you serious?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ensive-battle/
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...inst-patriots/
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #49
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

niko have you actually watched Hardy?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #50
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,386
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse


Seattle game the last drive they went right down the field 1,2,3. That's not great defense. How is that great defense? Your examples are 2 games where when you needed stops you got completely shredded?

Somehow your defense got worse overall, you aren't winning anything, but he's having a huge impact. Wish i was judged like he was.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #51
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Saying Hardy is scum is one thing, saying he isn't an impactful football player is another...that's just dumb

He's been a monster so far...leads the team in sacks and pressures in just 4 games

I mean you honestly feel Dallas is better on the field WITHOUT Hardy? Then you aren't watching the games.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #52
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,386
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Saying Hardy is scum is one thing, saying he isn't an impactful football player is another...that's just dumb

He's been a monster so far...leads the team in sacks and pressures in just 4 games

I mean you honestly feel Dallas is better on the field WITHOUT Hardy? Then you aren't watching the games.
No, i think he's having an impact. I don't think his impact is overriding the stupidity he's bringing with him. Dallas doesn't look as cohesive as last year. Part is Romo but Romo isn't on the defense when they fall apart. He's not on special teams when Hardy causes a commotion and ten seconds later (literally) they fumble the punt. After every game Garrett and every played has to answer Hardy related questions. Before.

Last year Dallas was uber cohesive. They had a plan, they stuck to it, the stupid mistakes were gone, the sideshow was muted. This year you took that blueprint, let some people go, and added some psychopaths because they were cheap.

I don't get it. But it (helps) keeps Dallas from winning so I'm a Knicks fan, i smell dysfunction.

My 2 cents.

Hardy thing is boring, i have 2 questions...
1) Have you won money on fanduel? Like real money? How much? I know you're good at it (i'm assuming), does it pay?
2) Do you consider it gambling? To me, of course it's gambling. BUt i'm listening to the radio and people don't consider it gambling. Maybe i'm off...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #53
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 18,606
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

When Romo comes back, Hardy will be worth it going by this analogy and Dallas will become uber cohesive. The offense is producing nine points less this year, at worst with Romo, they're 6-2.
bigkingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #54
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Hardy thing is boring, i have 2 questions...
1) Have you won money on fanduel? Like real money? How much? I know you're good at it (i'm assuming), does it pay?
2) Do you consider it gambling? To me, of course it's gambling. BUt i'm listening to the radio and people don't consider it gambling. Maybe i'm off...
1) It can pay yes, I was up around $400 at one point this year, I am have dwindled those winnings down the last few weeks though, I am like only $50 in the positive for the year now.

2) It IS a skill game. Betting the line is gambling.

Think of it this way, a blind lady who knows nothing about football could randomly pick teams vs. the Vegas line and do better than someone who knows the NFL very well. But she would get absolutely slaughtered in daily fantasy, you can't just blindly pick players and win, you have to know something about the game which is where the -skill- comes in. The more you follow the game and understand the different situations each player faces, the more the odds are in your favor.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #55
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 16,932
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
1) It can pay yes, I was up around $400 at one point this year, I am have dwindled those winnings down the last few weeks though, I am like only $50 in the positive for the year now.

2) It IS a skill game. Betting the line is gambling.

Think of it this way, a blind lady who knows nothing about football could randomly pick teams vs. the Vegas line and do better than someone who knows the NFL very well. But she would get absolutely slaughtered in daily fantasy, you can't just blindly pick players and win, you have to know something about the game which is where the -skill- comes in. The more you follow the game and understand the different situations each player faces, the more the odds are in your favor.
that's a pretty bad analogy. fanduel/dk rank the players for you and give predictions on how many points they'll get based on expert opinion. It is very similar to betting on vegas lines.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #56
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
that's a pretty bad analogy. fanduel/dk rank the players for you and give predictions on how many points they'll get based on expert opinion. It is very similar to betting on vegas lines.
No it is not, my analogy is the exact reason daily fantasy is legal and betting the Vegas line is illegal.

Hell, the bulk of the players are all the same min price.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #57
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 16,932
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
No it is not, my analogy is the exact reason daily fantasy is legal and betting the Vegas line is illegal.

Hell, the bulk of the players are all the same min price.
It's not just ranked by price, it gives you point projections each week based on matchup and several other factors.

Your analogy is the exact reason it's going to be banned in every state before next season starts
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #58
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

You don't understand, Vegas lines are created by the gamblers...daily fantasy prices are created by the companies and can vary a great deal from one site to the next.

It is pretty much a proven fact that the average pro at daily fantasy does better than the average novice. And that can't be said for betting the line, no one can dominate that.


If Daily Fantasy is banned it will be because it isn't regulated, and not because they consider it 'luck'
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #59
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 16,932
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
You don't understand, Vegas lines are created by the gamblers...daily fantasy prices are created by the companies and can vary a great deal from one site to the next.

It is pretty much a proven fact that the average pro at daily fantasy does better than the average novice. And that can't be said for betting the line, no one can dominate that.


If Daily Fantasy is banned it will be because it isn't regulated, and not because they consider it 'luck'
Lines are molded by the bettors, created by the companies.

That's fine though. But compare it to online poker then. It can be 100% proven that the average pro does better than the average novice. But it was banned because it was considered to be "luck".
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #60
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,595
Default Re: New details on Greg Hardy domestic abuse

Poker was banned because of foul play, at it was unregulated. Poker is definitely a skill game, unlike blackjack which is luck.

Fantasy and poker are very very similar.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy