Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on the front of the $20

Somewhat off topic: the new $100 dollar bill is really cool:

Last edited by JohnnySic; 04-20-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Our currency is far from cool
    If our shit don't look like color paper
    Canada's money look straight out of the coloring book

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Never saw that coming

SJWs gonna complain a women is on a $20 bill while a man is on the $100 bill. Moral of the story is patriarchy wins once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Why was Jackson even on a bill in the first place? Dude was a psycho and there were plenty of other presidents to choose from
    Not to mention he took on and destroyed the national bank that now honours him .

Though it is laughable that someone like Tubman should be on such a widely used bill, while the likes of James Madison is languishing on the $5000, and Thomas Jefferson on the $2.

Clearly more pc bullshit. Nothing to do with merit, everything to do with sex and skin-colour; it actually bespeaks a mentality of racist thinking, disguised behind a veil of supposedly good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Not to mention he took on and destroyed the national bank that now honours him .

Though it is laughable that someone like Tubman should be on such a widely used bill, while the likes of James Madison is languishing on the $5000, and Thomas Jefferson on the $2.

Clearly more pc bullshit. Nothing to do with merit, everything to do with sex and skin-colour; it actually bespeaks a mentality of racist thinking, disguised behind a veil of supposedly good intentions.
    yeah the **** did harriet tubman ever do?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    Actually... I'm a little upset about this.

What's wrong with MLK?
    Had to be a chick.

Don't really have a problem with it, even though I think there are much more deserving individuals they could have chosen.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

first Sacagawea on the dollar coin. now this....

wheres all the love for the white women of the US?

High comedy watching our resident idiots complain about this or claim there are better choices. Keep fighting the good fight guys.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I actually remember reading about this last year. IIRC, it's in honor of some anniversary of the women's suffrage movement. There were a bunch of women being considered, and they were put in a public poll somewhere. The weird thing was that Tubman didn't actually win the poll if my memory serves. I vaguely recall her being a close second to Eleanor Roosevelt. But even then they had announced Tubman as being the choice.

There were no men being considered.

And I believe the change is a limited time run.
    limited run, that means it will have some value later. I'll be sure to save one.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Somewhat off topic: the new $100 dollar bill is really cool:

Shit is beautiful, fam. Much nicer feeling having a stack of blues in your hand vs the old 100 dollar bills.

I'm surprised they are putting a new face on the $20, has this ever happened before?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

I would agree that Jefferson and Madison are both much more deserving.

Jackson's history of killing the bank is incredible. Changed the course of the nation for many years. He also nearly gets assassinated for it and then goes and beats the guy who tried to kill him with his cane. Alpha savage

Nothing against Tubman, but these men mentioned above have achievements that will never be replicated in magnitude.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    I'm surprised they are putting a new face on the $20, has this ever happened before?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I -think- this is the last version before Andrew Jackson took over

Orange as fck

this is when we had gold/silver backing up the money

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Its going to be worth 77% of the Twenty with Andrew on it