Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Luc Longley?

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Default Luc Longley?

As an aussie who never really got to see any of longley's career. What can anyone tell me about his game..

National High School Star dough's Avatar

Default Re: Luc Longley?

A decent role player who got paid because he played for a crazy Bulls team.Never averaged over 6 rebounds or 30 minutes in his career.

he was slow, but fit in well with the Bulls. A mediocre rebounder at best, but he was reliable in the triangle, hitting the 15 ft jumper from the corners off passes.

You should be proud of Bogut though. As long as he can stay healthy, he will take the Bucks far this year.

Default Bulls fans used to chant

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccc ccccccccc from the stands.

MJ used to get on him for not finishing with a dunk sometimes.

College star

probably the worst starting center of any championship winning team ever

Default Re: Bulls fans used to chant

He was a bigger factor than many people think on the 2nd threepeat, mainly because he was 7-2 280 and could hit the open jumper. He was essential in the Bulls beating teams with elite centers.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

All I have to say, is thank god Rodman could guard any big man in the league at that time.

Luc hit open shots, because nobody took him seriously. But he got the job done. On any other playoff team, Luc Longley would have been a bench player.

Not to hate on Luc so much, he earned his paycheck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Luuuucccc from the stands.

MJ used to get on him for not finishing with a dunk sometimes.
    Don't lie, you got it from these complied quotes:

"With Michael, a lot of us were really taken out of the picture. After the game, it was all Michael. But now, everything in the locker room is shared. There's no one person enjoying all the attention. It's fun because even if you see a headline, it's 'Bulls Lose,' not 'Bulls Lose but Jordan . . . .' We're all accepting the losses and enjoying the victories. There's no headlines saying, 'Pippen does this and Bulls win.' We're all being able to celebrate what we're doing." -- Scottie Pippen, missing Michael so much

"The difference now is we're a twelve-man team. We pass the ball around now and everyone gets involved." -- Horace Grant, showing more love for Michael

"When Michael was here, we put up with a lot of his (bleep). I can't believe you would let us come so far and then be so selfish." -- Bill Cartwright, advising Scottie Pippen to not "be like Mike"

Around the Bulls' offices, Jordan had long been referred to as "Jesus Christ Superstar" because of his celebrity and refusal to attend many team functions because of his outside-sponsor-related activities. -- Michael Jordan's just another guy on the team

"You can peck away at the idol with small chips, but this is not an idol made of wood, this one is born out of the imagination of people, an image too sturdy for mere events and actions to change." -- Phil Jackson on people's perception of Michael

"I told Luc if he doesn't catch any more of my passes, I'm going to hit him right in the face with it. I'm going to start throwing them right at his head." -- Michael on Luc Longley's inability to catch passes, to which Phil Jackson later asked him, "Why did you have to say that?"

"You got to take him down. That's how you deal with him. Phil would never let me practice against him. He'd either be on my team or I'd be sitting. Phil knew I was taking him down." -- Bill Cartwright on not putting up with Michael's (bleep)

"It's not my nature to pass up open shots." -- Michael on his shot selection after shooting 30% in a game

"Same old stuff, G. I'm still playing with a guy who's got to prove he can score fifty." -- Scottie Pippen, updating Horace Grant on the new team

"Same old thing, G. Hard to get the ball." -- Pete Myers, updating Horace Grant on the new team

"I'd be lying if I said I came out to pass the ball." -- Michael, talking about his 55-point game at MSG

"He knows I'm a far better one-on-one player. He wouldn't score a point." -- Michael, talking about a hypothetical one-on-one game with Magic Johnson in 1991

"These guys might not be as talented as you'd like them to be, but this is as good as they're going to be. If we run a system, everyone is going to have an opportunity to perform. They can't do what you can do, but they can have some level of success and perform even in critical situations." -- Phil Jackson, telling Michael how it's going to be

"Who the (bleep) are you? You've got no legs and you don't even play. Who are you to be telling us what we did wrong?" -- Michael, snapping at Larry Krystkowiak for offering some helpful advice to the starters

"Whose (bleep) idea was this? Is this Krause's idea?" -- Michael, showing his faith in the coaching staff and front office's playoff roster decisions

"I told you don't ever pass him the (bleep)' ball on the break." -- Michael, politely informing Pippen to not give the ball to Luc Longley on the break

"I'm tired of playing with these (bleep)' stiffs." -- Michael, expressing his appreciation for his teammates while walking off the court

"Why don't we run some pick and roll? Is it because our big guys can't set a screen?" -- Michael, expressing more appreciation

"I know sometimes I need to be more like M.J., but M.J. also needs to be more like me. He needs to be the player he is with more my mentality." -- Scottie Pippen on Michael's selfishness
    Exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Don't lie, you got it from these complied quotes:

Exposed.

First of all I lived in Chicago for over 20 years and watched almost every Bulls game in my basement with my family.

Secondly, the text you quoted doesn't say anything about Jordan getting on Luc for not finishing plays with dunks [it talks about him telling Pip not to pass it to Luc on the break and about him not catching passes]....I got my info from a game where he tricked a layup and the announcers were talking about how he should have dunked the ball [Jordan was giving him an earful].

Lastly, son, please don't bother grown folks with your nonsense....please, it's unbecoming of a young man.

Another thing I recall is that the Bulls used to get Luc involved in the game early. I remember him scoring most of his buckets early in the game.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Funny seeing Luc's name today, I spotted a pic of him and his wife in a local mag just today, he was at some event, wearing a suit and a pair of chucks. He's nearly 2 foot taller than his wife. His white man afro is still strong.

[quote]Luc Longley runs a drill with Jr. NBA training camp participants at UP Diliman on Thursday. The NBA legend and former Chicago Bulls player is in the Philippines for a series of boot camps for select boys aged 10-14 years old. Roehl Ni

I always thought that Longley was underrated. He was a skilled big man, with an adequate offensive game, including a nice short- to mid-range jumper. He also ran the floor well.

Defensively, he altered some shots and clogged up the lane.

Suffice it to say that he would be in the upper-echelon of big men if he were playing today.

epic bump...ahh luc longley. A poor mans marc gasol.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

"I told Luc if he doesn't catch any more of my passes, I'm going to hit him right in the face with it. I'm going to start throwing them right at his head." -- Michael on Luc Longley's inability to catch passes, to which Phil Jackson later asked him, "Why did you have to say that?"
    Sounds more like the Kwame MJ drafted than the Longley I remember.

He had skills. I watched him throughout his college career at New Mexico against BYU and Utah.