Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-26-2006, 05:46 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
yeh he'll need more than 1mpg or w/e he got last year.

He actually averaged 7 mpg but it was misleading because some games he would play 2 mins and others about 20 mins.

so Hopefully he can get a consistent 15 mpg. and in those mins about 8ppg and 6 rebs.

Does that sound good for a backup center that gets 15 mins?????
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #17
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
He actually averaged 7 mpg but it was misleading because some games he would play 2 mins and others about 20 mins.

so Hopefully he can get a consistent 15 mpg. and in those mins about 8ppg and 6 rebs.

Does that sound good for a backup center that gets 15 mins?????

I guess but then when does Mihm play... n don't give me that he can play the 4 crap... b/c it's already established he and Brown don't play well 2gether and i don't think flip floppping their positions will fix it
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #18
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I am not convinced of the Lakers bench... depth is what we lack and there's not a whole lot of change since last year. So for me, the jury is still out.

right, as a laker fan, i tend to over value our guys, but i hope they live up to our expectations. Luke is good, cook is a good shooter, and has value since he is a big. Turiaf is a warrior. i like evans game, and for 1.5 mil he is cheap. sasha has improved, plays harassing d and streaky shooter, shammond will impress us, he can score. mihm is a very good center, i like him a lot, maybe more than kwame, but foul prone, and as of late, injury prone, when healthy he is one of my favorite lakers. dont know how farmar will do, only a rookie, but smart, and a pure pg. bynum, uhh, still young, banking on the future of this kid though, working w/ the captain so he will learn for the best. wafer, release him, green to d league. mckie, pay him to stay in a padded cell to keep from getting injured. I like our bench after all is said and done.
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #19
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Did we honestly promise him a starting spot? because when I read the article it was because we garunteed him a lot of minutes But I wasnt sure about the whole starting thing.

But thats the good thing abut Walton. he comes fresh off the bench.

I agree with you that luke should start...hes very underrated and is key in the triangle...however i do believe this will cause conflict with radmon...hes been known to be a headcase when hes not strating and getting significant playing time...i think he is assuming he will have that strating role...but i would lkike to see luke get more minutes...if he develops a somewhat decent shot and offensive game...he can be a big factor in the success of the lakers...and i aslo think our becnh is decent but not as great as you say...against most teams, we have a decent bench...but if we are going to contend...we need more strength off the bench...a guy who can provide consistently...all the top teams have guys like that on their bench which is why they win games...we need a more consisten ebcnh...last season our bench was pretty bad and very very inconsistent...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #20
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I agree with you that luke should start...hes very underrated and is key in the triangle...however i do believe this will cause conflict with radmon...hes been known to be a headcase when hes not strating and getting significant playing time...i think he is assuming he will have that strating role...but i would lkike to see luke get more minutes...if he develops a somewhat decent shot and offensive game...he can be a big factor in the success of the lakers...and i aslo think our becnh is decent but not as great as you say...against most teams, we have a decent bench...but if we are going to contend...we need more strength off the bench...a guy who can provide consistently...all the top teams have guys like that on their bench which is why they win games...we need a more consisten ebcnh...last season our bench was pretty bad and very very inconsistent...

Luke should NOT start. He should NOT get more minutes. He has only 2 above-average skills: 1) passing, 2) grit/hussle. While those are huge, it doesn't make up for his: 1) poor shooting, 2) poor defense, 3) avg rebounding. We needed someone who can consistently hit shots (take burden off Kobe). We will find out if VladRad can do it.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:07 AM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Luke should NOT start. He should NOT get more minutes. He has only 2 above-average skills: 1) passing, 2) grit/hussle. While those are huge, it doesn't make up for his: 1) poor shooting, 2) poor defense, 3) avg rebounding. We needed someone who can consistently hit shots (take burden off Kobe). We will find out if VladRad can do it.

Check his playoff stats. He was scoring more and had more variety of offensive moves.

He shoots outside too much and thats why he sometimes has poor shooting.

I agree with u his defense and rebounding should improve.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #22
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple

At the end of the season/playoffs..this guy was playing pretty good...he gets a lot of offensive boards, has expanded his offensive game (not saying its good but he is improving)...he was taking it to the hole and i thik hes probably working hard on his jump shot...not saying he should get 35 inutes or anything but at least he should be getting as much or a bit less than radmon...radon can only shoot which is key in triangle...but luke does the intangibles...fighint for boards...key passing..hard work...not the greatest athlete but makes up for it in basketball IQ
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: